Untainted scammer, any repercussions?

Hi all,

Please don't respond to scam reports just by blaming the reporter for being scammed, as that's not generally constructive and can often just be antagonizing. Further posts of that nature may cause the thread to be locked.

If you'd like to make a scam report yourself please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we will look into it.

Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hi all,

Please don't respond to scam reports just by blaming the reporter for being scammed, as that's not generally constructive and can often just be antagonizing. Further posts of that nature may cause the thread to be locked.

If you'd like to make a scam report yourself please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we will look into it.

what a about a general report from ingame?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I love how ppl blame the OP for getting scammed. Getting scammed sucks, and it takes a lot of effort to not get scammed by dbags sometimes, but it is never the victims fault. All the ppl saying the OP deserves to be ripped off simply because he chose to trust another person is just as much a dbag as the scammer.
"
Narrian wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
how do u get scamed like seriosuly if u actualy give him chaos 10 first before he opens ""untainted portal"" you deserve to be scammed

What if I told you that, it was a 2man job. One of them was in an Untainted, and the other was collecting the Chaos, to seem legit? Yea, thats a thing, and people are, and are going to continue to get fucked by it.

People are unwilling to give/show first. Most will block their hideout off from anyone until they are paid, which is how it usually is done, even when it is legit. Because you'll get that 1 guy, that joins goes in, and eats all the portals to be a dick.

Its lose, lose. Its very seldom legit, and win-win, community/society is too much of scumbags, for everything to be perfect.

Why do you go through all that trouble anyways ? Paying for stuff , getting scammed , getting angry at the internets instead of just doing it yourself perhaps or letting it go ?
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
Narrian wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
how do u get scamed like seriosuly if u actualy give him chaos 10 first before he opens ""untainted portal"" you deserve to be scammed

What if I told you that, it was a 2man job. One of them was in an Untainted, and the other was collecting the Chaos, to seem legit? Yea, thats a thing, and people are, and are going to continue to get fucked by it.

People are unwilling to give/show first. Most will block their hideout off from anyone until they are paid, which is how it usually is done, even when it is legit. Because you'll get that 1 guy, that joins goes in, and eats all the portals to be a dick.

Its lose, lose. Its very seldom legit, and win-win, community/society is too much of scumbags, for everything to be perfect.

Why do you go through all that trouble anyways ? Paying for stuff , getting scammed , getting angry at the internets instead of just doing it yourself perhaps or letting it go ?

So you are proposing becoming the dbag or pretending the dbag does not exist. Did I get that right?
Last edited by Nubatron on Sep 22, 2014, 7:48:43 PM
Call The FBI this is a EMERGENCY!!!
One more wonderful thread that points out exactly why I play this game strictly solo. I don't want to play with scammers, and I certainly don't want to play with anyone who could be scammed like this. That leaves.... me.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hi all,

GG GGG for being a GGG
the name and shame policy which protects scammer/cheater/scriptuser is just ggg easy way out to not have to deal with community shit

no you cant warn someone thats name and shame
you saw a topplayer addmitting that he uses scripts even said where he downloaded them in his twichchat
no you cant frame that guy name and shame

you have a twich segment of a topplayer addmitting to crosstrading ...pff could be anyboydies voice plz dont name and shame

does more harm than it does good but..... whatever
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 23, 2014, 6:30:45 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
the name and shame policy which protects scammer/cheater/scriptuser is just ggg easy way out to not have to deal with community shit

You have to keep in mind this rule is here to protect people from false accusations and bashing, and it happens more than you think. Back in Nemesis, someone posted on the forums that I was surely botting because I didn't answer one of his whisper in under 2 minutes. I was maybe taking a dump or eating or alt-tabing or whatever, and GGG deleted that guy message as soon as I emailed support about it thanks to their good name and shame policy.
IGN : @Morgoth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info