[1.3?block nerf][1.2]Beyond - The Demon Hand Tank- Wings of Entropy Cleave -Beginner friendly/Cheap-

Hi,
just some info about the build, i was using it in beyond (lvl 91, untill i ripped 2 days ago :D). Now in standard where i am a bit richer, i was able to afford a ming's heart. I was using the below items, with all selbuffs applied (vaal haste, bloodrage, aztiri promise) and with hatred and grace auras i managed to achieve a total of 67k DPS on cleave. With the current gear i have overcapped fire and cold resists and capped lightning with 11% to chaos resistance, with 5.1k (the mings heart reduction) life and about 4k armor (without the use of flasks).

The build is extremly fun to play with and most of the game content is achievable.
Last edited by contranut on Nov 20, 2014, 10:18:48 AM
hi,

So i am pretty much brand new to poe (about a week of just messing around with different things) i am really enjoying this build so far.here is my noob question. I was just wondering the reasoning behind taking Iron Reflexes, i've seen it done on alot of dex builds. does armor just end up being more effective late game?
"
4n4rch1st wrote:
hi,

So i am pretty much brand new to poe (about a week of just messing around with different things) i am really enjoying this build so far.here is my noob question. I was just wondering the reasoning behind taking Iron Reflexes, i've seen it done on alot of dex builds. does armor just end up being more effective late game?

Armor reduces the damage you take per hit, whereas evasion gives you a chance to dodge an attack completely. Since evasion is a chance to dodge, you end up dying more. It's better to take 50% damage all the time than 0% damage 50% of the time, and probably even 0% damage 75% of the time. Evasion just isn't as safe. That's also not including things in this build like life steal, invulnerability procs, and additional damage reduction from other effects. Armor synergizes well with them, while evasion does not. You don't leech health at full hp, you don't proc CWTD when you evade, etc.

Additionally, you still get all the benefits of +% evasion but you also get the benefit on +% armor.
100 armor rating
100 evasion rating
+100% armor
+50% evasion
+25% "armor and evasion"
100 armor + (100% + 25%) = 225 armor
100 evasion + (100% + 50% + 25%) = 275 armor
500 armor total

Without Iron Reflexes you'd have 225 armor and 175 evasion total
I just wanted to say so far i am really enjoying the build! This is my first honest go at HC leagues. I'm playing Bloodlines with this build because i was looking for something other than Caster/ranged for a change! My Computer is basically a toaster so its really hard to play HC for me with over 450 ping! >< So I ran across your build while searching for a viable HC build that was Cheap and easy that I could farm maps with to earn currency and this seemed like a winner. Just want to also thank you for your time posting your build! I will up date this post with my gears and such when I ripe/done with this build! Thanks again!
Last edited by Gilant182 on Dec 23, 2014, 3:20:55 PM
Don't like to poke the bear but how well does this build transition in to 1.3? I see you've acknowledged the changes and hope you'll have time to provide any feedback on how it feels with those block changes.
MM ... very interesting, gonna give it a go, what about geting a 6L instead of 5? What would be the 6th gem in your opinion?
Good Night.

I have always enjoyed playing with the Wings of entropy.

In this new league, I'm trying to follow your build and I'm enjoying a lot.

I wonder if you can update the information you placed on the first topic on a passive tree of levels 40 and 60, because I am building the tree according to my ideas and wanted to make reference as you did.

Congratulations on the great success you had with this build, and I hope soon ... may have something similar to you.

Greetings.
Passive tree doesn't seem to work, only couple of skills are in there? Do you mind updating it?
Hi, really liking how this build looks. Just a quick question, what would you change with this build to make it even more defensive?
IGN: ragol
Last edited by Pioneer2 on Feb 3, 2015, 7:09:38 PM
Passive-Tree are broken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info