pickpocket293's Invincible Chaos Incinerator (1.3) (Newbie Friendly)

UPDATED FOR 1.3!

"Holy crap, how are you doing that much damage?"
-Nazaron

"Did anyone survive that? Wow, just the incinerator?"
-Budunkadunk

"You should write a build guide for that. That's crazy."
-AKAShadows

Welcome. This build illustrates a way to pretty much steamroll content in this game from start to finish. Having played many builds during my time on Path of Exile, this is by far the most damagiest, most tankiest, most "wow"-iest build I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I thought now would be a good time to show the world my creation, in the hopes that others may prosper as I have.

What is this build about?

This build uses several rather unpopular unique items together to create a fantastic incinerator build. Obviously we use the incinerate skill along with a lot of chaos damage so that we end up doing easily 7k tooltip DPS on incinerate, and about 65% of that damage is chaos. Also, with the insane cast speed you're able to produce, you jump to 3 stacks of incinerate (therefore doing 300% more damage incredibly quickly.

What do I need to make this work?

The unique items I use for this build are:

The rest are just rares focusing on maxing your resistances.. After those are capped, stats you're looking for are Life, Mana, Energy Shield (flat or %), Spell Damage, % fire damage and Cast Speed. As for which is most important, that really depends on what your gear is like. If you're already tanky enough, go for spell damage or % Fire. If you find yourself dying, go for more life/mana/ES.

Right about now you're saying "holy crap, why would anyone use that death trap, Infernal Mantle in a build?!"

..or you might be saying "Well WTF, I can't afford a 6L. This build sucks."

Never fear! The way we manage our mana consumption and mana pool means that we can negate the downsides of the Infernal Mantle completely, and we can fully capitalize on it's awesome properties! Also, a six-link IS NOT REQUIRED to make this build work! A 5-link is acceptable and will still be very very effective. You'll lose some deeps, but you'll still be tanky and face-roll content. For the new players there's also an option for a 4L setup that works at the bottom.

How does it work?
We use Eldrich Battery and Mind over Matter (the old fashioned way, by going and getting it on the tree) along with passive nodes to increase our mana pool to a whopping 4,000 mana. We use a high level clarity with passive points and a reduced mana to regenerate over 250 mana per second not counting the leech we get from attacking. This means that our mana pool never really goes dry, so we never see the downside of Infernal Mantle. Our mana regen is so strong that we can even support Arctic Armor while socketed in Voideye, which gives an additional 5 levels. This gives us an incredible amount of damage mitigation, both physical and fire damage. At high levels you can run around almost indefinitely with a level 25 Arctic armor on without any problems. Other times you use lightning warp to get around.

We spec into the flask effect nodes to take great advantage of the Rumi's Concoction flasks, so that during high-damage times (flicker strike spiders, leaping goat men, etc) we get a huge buffer of block and spell block.

Gem Setup

Main attack (socketed in Infernal Mantle):
Incinerate + Added Chaos + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Empower + Spell Echo ===> Faster Projectiles if you have a 6-link

Auxiliary gem setups:
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting
This combined with Apep's Rage means we get to warp pretty much instantly everywhere we go. We can also negate the mana drain of Arctic Armor this way.

Faster Casting (lvl 20) + Warlord's Mark + Increased Area of Effect

CWDT (lvl 20) + Immortal Call (lvl 20) + Molten Shell (lvl 20) + Increased Duration (lvl 20)

Reduced Mana + Clarity (max level) + OPTIONAL Purity of ______ (max level)

Optional:

CWDT (lvl 7) + Immortal Call (lvl 8) + Increased Duration (lvl 20)

This gem level setup lets the Warlord's Mark grant Endurance Charges before the mid-level immortal call, and then again before the high level Immortal call for maximum effect.

Personally I use Purity of Lightning because I get my cold res bump with a flask and extra fire mitigation with AA, so the odd man out is lightning. This is optional, and if you have trouble sustaining your mana pool then this should be the first thing to get the boot.

What about the tree?

This is the final tree I'm using now.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4EBwUtBiMHHgj0DH0NfA5IDlwPqxBYEH8RLRGWFr8fQSFgJpUo-iqNLJwtHy9vNZI22DboOlhAoEGHRKtFfkWdSRNJG0lRTLNSr1M1U1JVS1WuVcZXK1fJWK9d8l8qYEthUmHiZ_xqQ2r6axdtGXC7dPF4DXyDghCCHoLHg9uFMoZgh2WIQongjDaPpo_6kx-VIJUumuCbtZ1jpLGpbqyYtfK3PriTu0286r2CwFTBxcHzwzrGns360NDYvdkT2wvdX9-K37DljuZY6QLr5Ovu7BjsVe9O8NXxbPno_gr-s14Tn8unMAHn

The tree skirts right by some great attribute nodes, and because this build is very dex-starved, grabbing some extra dex nodes your gear doesn't cover is very easy.

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak. That base life is really good, even with the changes to life. A spare point isn't a bad idea either though.

Cruel: Kill all. The extra point is worth more than the cast speed and the others don't affect us.

Merciless: Kill all. We don't use charges enough to care about these.

screenshots

These screenshots are with my less-than-optimized gear. With properly optimized gear you could easily do more damage and have more life, more mana and more regen.

Videos
Sorry for the crappy quality videos-- Had to compress them so they wouldn't take 100 years to upload with my poor internet connection.
Gorge Speed Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a0htsGi3uc

Face-tanking a touch of God from Merciless Dominus:
http://youtu.be/dKl09zL7phs

I grabbed a Saffell's Frame for this, then face-tanked a Touch of God from Residence Dominus:
http://youtu.be/k_h9nqqbYck

FAQ:

What kind of quality do you recommend on gems? Is quality important at all?

Really, the only 2 gems where quality is a big deal are Added Chaos damage and Incinerate. That extra projectile speed combined with the passives lets you hit things off-screen!

I really want to use Greater Multiple Projectiles. Why don't you use GMP?

If you really want to use GMP over LMP then that's totally fine, but I found that the extra reduction in damage (50% less compared to 30% less) wasn't worth it, when it's not too hard to wave your incinerate flame back and forth and get a whole crowd just fine.

Do I really need to use voideye? I always run low on mana when Arctic Armor is that high of a level.

No, voideye isn't required. That extra 5 levels gives you a big damage buffer, but it's not worth it if you've gotta sacrifice your mana pool. Another thing to think about is to use Lightning Warp to get around, to save mana. Running around with AA on in early levels will probably end badly.

How do you deal with reflect?

Well, because we do almost all Chaos damage, hardly any of our damage is reflected! What little bit is reflected is fire damage, and is absorbed by Arctic Armor and your capped resists.

What kind of map mods can you do?

All of them! ...except we have really big problems with ___% reduced mana regen maps and curse immunity. Literally everything else is NOT a problem. Equilibrium doesn't matter, because chaos damage laughs in the face of elemental equilibrium.

Can I run Cloak of Defiance instead? What about Alpha's Howl? Dream Fragments? Any other uniques?

The answer to each of those is "yes, you can." But it won't be the same. Dream fragments os a great option to keep you unfrozen and the regen is nice, if you can't get a voideye. I just run a cold flask with anti-freeze mod and I'm golden. Cloak of Defiance will make the build more tanky for sure, and save you about 20 points on the tree, and that +1 to fire gems, along with the chaos conversion is really awesome for this build. Alpha's doesn't give energy shield, and we really don't run auras in this build so it's not really good for this.

Can I make this out of a Scion or a Shadow?

Yes you can, but it won't be as efficient. The awesome spell damage nodes and mana regen and ES nodes in the with starting area are unbeatable for this build, but if you have a spare character with a free respec then knock yourself out.

Why don't you take Vaal Pact?

You absolutely can if you really want to, but that extra regen you get from the tree is pretty nice, and the 40% effectiveness was a big hit to the life leech gem. Having quality on life leech makes it come back almost as quickly as Vaal Pact with a Quality 0/Level 20 Life Leech with 7k tooltip DPS, so there's really no benefit from taking VP.

Can this build do Atziri??

YES! I just did it for the first time ever last night. I died a couple times due while learning the best way to kite around and avoid being hit by the stuff she throws down at you, but the fight overall was very quick. I'm certain that with practice it can be done without dying and very quickly. When I get good at it I'll record a video for proof.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them and keep this build up to date. IGN: Cabbage_Salesman
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Dec 14, 2014, 5:46:24 PM
LoL....you quoted me? XD
"
Nazaron wrote:
LoL....you quoted me? XD

I heard you say it, so I quoted it. Congrats, you're famous.
Stormcalling 24/7.
wheres some vids i wanna see it in action :S
Vids are coming soon. I tried to record last night buy FRAPS shit out on me after 30 seconds of a Gorge speed run.

Also, updating the OP with some questions I got via PM yesterday.

EDIT: spelling iz hard.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Sep 23, 2014, 7:56:57 PM
is life leech and mana leech really necessary for gems? I want to run this build but i would only be able to run a lvl 20 AA which should be fine. I will also be running it with Cloak of defiance.
Last edited by Pharcri on Sep 23, 2014, 5:23:48 PM
Lol, I'm quoted. Also you need to do atziri and record the show so we can all know its capable of the end game content. Otherwise nicely put together man.
"
XtraSalty wrote:
is life leech and mana leech really necessary for gems? I want to run this build but i would only be able to run a lvl 20 AA which should be fine. I will also be running it with Cloak of defiance.

Life leech and mana leech are your main source of tankiness. Without mana leech we have enough mana regen that we can still run around with AA and cast incinerate indefinitely, but if you take some hits, it'll be harder to get your mana and life back up to where they should be. As it is, as long as I'm hitting things, my mana stays at or near full regardless of the hit.

TL;DR - Mana leech is the only thing that keeps infernal mantle from being dangerous, and without life leech you will have a hard time leeching back life fast enough when you get hit hard.

"
AKAShadows wrote:
Lol, I'm quoted. Also you need to do atziri and record the show so we can all know its capable of the end game content. Otherwise nicely put together man.

Congrats, you're famous! Atziri coming soon-- once my gems level back up and once herald of Chaos comes out... Although if I ran a saffel's frame I'm pretty sure I could do it now.
Stormcalling 24/7.
lol dont get hit...100% more spell damage taken...
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
lol dont get hit...100% more spell damage taken...

Not concerned. Speed-run video uploaded.
Stormcalling 24/7.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info