[1.2] Life EB Aura Crit Spectral - 19.4k LMP with a 5L Budget Setup + Ondars, AA, HC Viable

Quick guide for this build, was made to be somewhat a "successor" to buzzsaw, trying to squeeze all the DPS I could out of auras after their nerf, aura crit has been done before but this is a guide for the new expansion!

I died to Abaxoth in a 74 map, respecced for a little bit more DPS on softcore and this is what I came up with, only using a 5L. Couldn't borrow Tabula/better jewellery in time, if I did it would have been >25k.

Pros and Cons

Pros
- More potential DPS than a RT spec.
- Easier transition to low-life.
- Doable with a 5L if you have an okay physical dagger to provide leech, if not - a PCoC setup in the gloves can simulate a 6L.
- In a SC league where you don't care so much about being very tanky, you can go for a ton more DPS =)
- AA for the sweet sweet facetanking of small damage.

Cons
- Relies slightly more on smart potion usage as the spec is inherently slightly less tanky.
- Less life than a buzzsaw.
- The gearing can be a little fiddly, generally in addition to WED and life - you will also look for mana regen, crit and accuracy.

This vs. Buzzsaw
Buzzsaws will go for auras and life and attack speed basically and that's it - this build requires you to stretch the points further, going for auras, life and crit which is a bit hard on the passive points. As such, the true potential of this build isn't really seen until level 88+ where you have enough points on the tree to balance out offense and defense.

The maximum possible life is also a little bit less, you will sit around 4.5k endgame which in my mind is adequate for a HC league.

In addition, the gearing is a little more tricky however, it's still very comfortable to get around 12k LMP spectral with a 5L with around a 5-8 ex budget. Since this is a HC league, I have gone the mana regen route with AA giving me slightly more survivability at the cost of sacrificing some DPS on my rings.

Map mods you can and can't do

Generally reflect is no problem with this build since my AA soaks up all the reflect damage, however in half-regen and no-regen maps this is no longer the case and is significantly more sketchy. Whilst they are still doable with smart potion usage and this:

I recommend against doing a regen nerf map and reflect together because it can catch you off guard.

Compatible Classes and Levelling

Scion, Ranger, Shadow. Witch is also possible but highly inadvisable.

Level as a buzzsaw variant until about level 75 at which point you may transition to one of the levelling intermediate trees I have posted.

Screenshots

I beyond, I had around 13k LMP with the same 5L, 4.3k life. This sceenshot was done, dropping around 500 life.

Passive Skill Tree

There are many ways to do this build - two main ones in my opinion, firstly the one I'm using right now:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCR2q4YhGcXcHhxOcpG-eykoaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrEopcGLYO749N-fXX-uu96MHx_KyP2jX1NktaKFr8Pq1M17g6jimHiJpWMNlVLH0EDHrVIcFIqC_PqXfJw1YnTDkh94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwby4WNDEZaQG3BWmhMHHklR8NWVLrjKO3wPxKKjf8bbC4IewfMvb9kTcLvsGI_6-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx-NqNun60h0Uj0anCLiTgKQksIbRFy9V1mTnJKoWb9vUEH8MfcaebWydqjY9bIxirFNSRZ2a4A==

And another option that eschews the left hand side and focuses on the crit on the right hand side. Both give roughly the same DPS, the first one requires slightly more points but gives more auras =)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCR2q4YhGcXcHhxOcpG-eykoaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrEopcGLYO749N-fXX-uu96MHx_KyP2jX1NktaKFr8Pq1M17g6jimHiJpWMNlVLH0EDHrVIcFIqC_PqXfJw1YnTDkh94yzhrGa5Pth2Rwby4WNDEZaQG3BWmhMHHklR8NWVLrjKO3wPxKKjf8Yvb9kTcLvsGI_6-egYPL0nkzoIZ4LH29RLV_GzEH8MfcaewONtbJ2qNj1sjGKs_94k_edUUUdKfYd2Z6D8xVb6gh7B89sLuXyMC-ywjoqX0NtuVvU=

Bandits are Oak/Kraityn/Alira.

Levelling intermediate tree (~level 80)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyiDCR2q4YhGcW-eykoaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrEopcGLYO74_66Fr8Pq1M1YeImlYw2VUsfQQMetUhwUioL8-pd8nDVidMOSH3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBvLhY0MRlpAbcFaaEwceSVHw1ZUu2wuCHi9v2RNwu-wYj_r56Bg8vSeTOghn6-4o-oLH42o26frSHRSPRqcIuJOApCSwhtEXL1XWZOckqhZv29QQfwx9xp5tbJ2qNj1sjGKswcWIQlNSRZ2a4A==

Gearing Advice + Gems

Maligaro's and Alpha's/Rat's Nest are somewhat mandatory, after that the mission is to get as much ES as possible from the chest and shield to boost up the mana pool if you are going EB. The jewellery should cap the res, and give accuracy, WED, crit and ideally you have two pieces with mana regen on it.

If your gear is stellar, you can incorporate Lightning Coil and Crown of Eyes into the build for a huge survivability boost and offensive boost!

If you can acquire a physical dagger (very easy from the new masters) you can drop Life Leech.

5L without phys dagger: ST - LMP/GMP - WED - PCOC/CRIT - LL
6L without phys dagger: ST - LMP/GMP - WED - PCOC - CRIT - LL

5L with phys dagger: ST - LMP/GMP - WED - PCOC - CRIT
6L with phys dagger: ST - LMP/GMP - WED - PCOC - CRIT - FA

The buffs you run will be Anger, Wrath, Haste/Hatred, Clarity and either Herald of Ice/Fire if you have enough unreserved mana with EB. AA is a great addition to the build and easily run with 2 mana regen pieces.

If you have positive chaos res, you have the option of running Blood Rage which can net you a huge 10%+ physical life leech and frenzy charges.

Items:

Budget Setup

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1030855/page/1
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Nov 3, 2014, 12:18:20 PM
Rip to Abaxoth.

I respecced in softcore for a lil more DPS, keeping around 4k life and I came out with 19.4k LMP with a 5L in my trashy Beyond gear. Pretty absurd DPS.

Elemental is still OP.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 20, 2014, 7:17:03 AM

auras or cri node first?

lv80 Passive Skill Tree plz!
"
southmadman wrote:

auras or cri node first?

lv80 Passive Skill Tree plz!

Auras first, level 80 passive tree added! =)
I've been planning a build very similar to this, leveling as regular ele spec throw right now till about 83 then i'll respec. What do you think about running a Crown of Eyes and picking up some spell damage on the tree and running with just an ES/spell damage shield? Would it be worth it if I can manage the -30 fire?
"
BigsMcGee wrote:
I've been planning a build very similar to this, leveling as regular ele spec throw right now till about 83 then i'll respec. What do you think about running a Crown of Eyes and picking up some spell damage on the tree and running with just an ES/spell damage shield? Would it be worth it if I can manage the -30 fire?

That would be a good option but you would have to watch your auras slightly since the mana reservation would be a little bit lower - you could probably only manage Anger Wrath Haste and Clarity if you have about 3k mana.

The DPS would be a fair bit better, you could also use a Rathpith.
Interesting. Never thought about EB and AA. My spec is similar but with acrobatics and lightning coil. 25k LMP on a 5L.
"
Interesting. Never thought about EB and AA. My spec is similar but with acrobatics and lightning coil. 25k LMP on a 5L.

Ideally the spec would be Lightning Coil with AA in my mind but I didn't really feel like investing too much since I'm on a shopping mission atm xD

Spec can easily be adapted, base is the aura and crit =)
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

Ideally the spec would be Lightning Coil with AA in my mind but I didn't really feel like investing too much since I'm on a shopping mission atm xD

Switching to low life? That's pretty much where every spectral crit is heading hehe. Saving up my self :)
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"

Switching to low life? That's pretty much where every spectral crit is heading hehe. Saving up my self :)

Nah, the 8/8 list huehue, going for another t-shirt hopefully if I get enough time to play, if not, I'll get it by the end of the league xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info