Daggers too OP

Should GGG reduce the APS and base crit chance of daggers. Cuz loath bane and honour etcher.....too op needs nerf.
Oh no a mirrored amazing dagger is obviously OP WOOOOOOOOOO WOOOO WOOOOOO

T1 everything
T1 thiS
T1
T111111111111111

thing oh man why is it so OP I wonder
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Loath Bane's dps with crit is FAR MUCH FAR superior to Pain Sunder mirrored vaal axe
popular dagger crit builds are easily over a million dps
such balance

-Addition

"
LSN wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:

having just a 310 pdps dagger i could reach 60-70k dps in comparison to my mirror 2-h mace (818 pdps) marauder who maxed at about 25k in groundslam and 40k in heavy strike

so, anyone who claims that daggers are fine as they are, is either an idiot, or completely clueless about game balance and simple math, or does prefer the current status b/c he fears that his RMTed gear will lose value if the nerf/change hits his OP build.

This is harsh truth of poe

Let me add a new truth of PoE...

"
amksoljanka wrote:

How much will it cost to craft this? 10 ex? 20 ex? 30 ex?
It doesn't matter in detail that much. It is comparably cheap.
This weapon built in its respective builds is giving better results than
any mirrored 1h sword, 1h axe, 1h mace,
or any 2h weapons can get in their comparable respective builds.
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 22, 2014, 2:46:34 AM
Don't forget wands! They're strong too!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
GodKas wrote:
Loath Bane's dps with crit is FAR MUCH FAR superior to Pain Sunder mirrored vaal axe
popular dagger crit builds are easily over a million dps
such balance

H3h3 maybe before few patches and it was paper dps... with RF, snapshotting, passive snapshoting etc.

Now wands builds are better in term of clearing speed :)
I dont know why this is being mentioned just now, as when I was playing this game last year, dagger has always been OP, because you can wear shield and do higher dps than 2 handers.
Last edited by Puraime on Sep 20, 2014, 3:53:24 AM
"
Daggers quite simply deal too much base damage given their crit potential. The whole idea of a dagger being an effective weapon is in the 'all or nothing' philosophy: either it grazes the skin or it severs an artery. Crits simulate these 'direct, perfect hits' for which daggers are renowned.

There is no way a dagger should have equal 'damage output' to a zweihander or battleaxe *without* this crit potential. And it's way too easy to get high crit chance right now.

That said, I don't think anyone really cared that much until certain other factors came into play, notably shit like COCS and Spectral Throw. You had Invalesco's dagger build of the week and it hardly made a splash, despite being an absolute beast.

That is because game was close to launch of open beta and....
1.in early game it was all about survival
2.ES gears were too expensive to be considered nice. (hence why marauders and templars were popular back then).
3. Shav's wasn't around that time.
4. crown of eyes wasn't around that time.
5. not many people cared about block builds that time.
6.It also takes a lot to use end game daggers as you have to have gears to support your dps ( dealing with reflect mostly).
7. Elemental builds were more popular that time compared to physical builds.

Still bino's kitchen knife and spectral throw is what really shaped the pop culture of what you speak of.
Last edited by Puraime on Sep 20, 2014, 4:09:08 AM
How about they just buff 2 handers? They've been shit for ages now lol oh wait apparently that's kinda not on the radar.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yes two handers need some love :3.
"
How about they just buff 2 handers? They've been shit for ages now lol oh wait apparently that's kinda not on the radar.

1. 2-handers uniques (such as kaom's axe) has been useful for leveling spectral throw at low levels, so they do have their place in early game, but when it comes to end game and about the whole thing with atziri?

2. atziri is another thing that really shaped people to use spell block.

3. igna phoenix is another reason why people might want to go for spell block.

4. shield is needed for spell block

5. Dual wield can have some block as well from certain nodes.

As you can see most of things has been about spell block.
Last edited by Puraime on Sep 20, 2014, 4:21:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info