poe needs CRIT CAP

"
Antnee wrote:
Resolute technique: your hits cannot be evaded. 50% more attack damage.

And it would be wrong.

The mechanics in this game is very well balanced.

The reason RT exists - is to give pure STR classes way to play.
Yeah, sure, you can get a lot of 'accuracy rating' gear, 2 rings, helmet, gloves (i think, not sure) amulets
But still if you don't have much dex it won't really help, you will miss a lot.
Besides it gives you an option and opportunity to have more of the other stats on your gear.
Go for more resists, more hp, speed, etc. It will compensate lack of crits.

So resolute is a cheap way for ppl not fortunate enough to play pure str classes. Yeah, there are several items in the games that can help (unique 2h mace, unique bow, for example) but again - not everyone will go in that direction.

But with amount of pure str this guys will have they don't really need crits. Besides dps they do get the HP bonus, making the toons tankier. But again the damage they deal will still be pretty damn decent.

In the same quality gear my very different toons deal roughly the same amount of damage.

I have a non-crit pure str melee, a 40% crit moderate multi melee and pure 95% crit high crit multi melee.
all the are around lvl 90. And actually the one in the middle has slightly higher dps than both non-crit never-miss and high crit,94% to hit toons. If i remember correctly i got to 75k dps on st, and close to 50k aoe (49xxx), and i have to stress again - i do not have 'imba gear',my gear is decent, reasonable and self-found (and self-crafted)

In this game you don't necessary need to play into 'min-max'.
The balanced well thought-out build can be equally effective.

All you need is to get a decent (not talking about 'godly' items) gear and think your build through.

Last edited by behemothd on Sep 20, 2014, 8:34:26 AM
The question is - why even try to balance crit and non-crit against each other?

Crit requires dedication, that is lots of points and gear stats, which non-crit happily spends on defenses. While crit has to go with little to low defense, relying on that DPS and maybe leech. But it is not like it does not need it.

Now, to what OP has proposed, it should mean that crit will still have no defense... and no offense too? Thats what you want? Sounds like "crit feels op, lets brick it so that no one would even use it".

If something needs a buff - very well, why not. As to nerfs, why not be more specific about it, like "daggers and their nodes feel op", or "this build is broken"? There are many more builds that will just go down the drain with non-specific nerfs.
"

Crit requires dedication, that is lots of points and gear stats, which non-crit happily spends on defenses. While crit has to go with little to low defense, relying on that DPS and maybe leech. But it is not like it does not need it.

Now, to what OP has proposed, it should mean that crit will still have no defense... and no offense too? Thats what you want? Sounds like "crit feels op, lets brick it so that no one would even use it".

If something needs a buff - very well, why not. As to nerfs, why not be more specific about it, like "daggers and their nodes feel op", or "this build is broken"? There are many more builds that will just go down the drain with non-specific nerfs.
Simply not true at all, all the good major nodes are on the right side of the tree for defense.

Acro, Phase Acro, Ondars. I dont think you have any idea of how much more effective it is to play a max block, spell block, acro/phase acro, ondars, evasion and dodge based character than it is to try and play an armor based character.

If those nodes were available on the left side as the tree as well, hardly anyone would ever go for armor based characters.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"

Simply not true at all, all the good major nodes are on the right side of the tree for defense.

Acro, Phase Acro, Ondars. I dont think you have any idea of how much more effective it is to play a max block, spell block, acro/phase acro, ondars, evasion and dodge based character than it is to try and play an armor based character.

If those nodes were available on the left side as the tree as well, hardly anyone would ever go for armor based characters.

Except you forgot Templar's AoE skills, and the fact that the left side of the tree has an obscene amount of life.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Have no idea what you meant by that. Maybe that crit is somehow restricted to the right side of the tree? What about the top of the tree?
Caps are bad.
Natural limitations are good.

How about making it impossible to gain more than ~+100% critical damage from gear and passives + inherent weapon bonuses?

(Daggers should be critical DAMAGE instead of chance, in my opinion -- causing critical chance specialization to pay off with them more.)
Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Sep 20, 2014, 8:50:11 PM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"

Except you forgot Templar's AoE skills, and the fact that the left side of the tree has an obscene amount of life.
lol is that supposed to be a counter argument ? Youre not going to pick up more life nodes just because theyre there. Thats inefficent and a waste of points.

Ever since the Witch/Shadow starting areas changed, it made Templar even more useless. Argument is invalid when its pretty much agreed upon that Templars starting area is terrible now, templars AOE nodes are a joke compared to witches.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
GGG
Any plan to fix this broken crit and dagger mechanism?
I just wanted to add: To all the people saying play new leagues -- Im level 79 in beyond and everybody and his mom is a crit dagger ranger or shadow, its getting stupid, you get every type of defense and more dps than any 2h build
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Sep 22, 2014, 12:33:23 AM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
I just wanted to add: To all the people saying play new leagues -- Im level 79 in beyond and everybody and his mom is a crit dagger ranger or shadow, its getting stupid, you get every type of defense and more dps than any 2h build

Agreed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info