[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Khavali wrote:
Okay, so I'm at level 44 with my build and currently using Infernal Blow + Elemental Damage + Melee Splash. This combination is doing really well DPS wise, but I'm running into some huge mana issues with melee splash. It's really hard to give up though, and I was wondering if anyone had some alternative options that will work? I tried a blood magic gem, but at my level and even with 14.4% health regen per kill, it doesn't scale very well at this point.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello! I had the same problems as you. With a bit of tweaking and a change in gear, I managed to work something out:

Current gear:
Spoiler

The key were 2 things:

1) Mana leech for IB
2) Amulet which has life leech
3) Clarity aura with blood magic (kept the level low so it does not eat too much hp)

Unless i get stunned or frozen, I can just go energizer battery mode with groups of 3 mobs or more. I don't need to slap on added damage, I do kill a little slower but I can just go zombie mode and run in, kill, rinse and repeat without using potions.

BIGGEST PAIN NOW:

Just hit merc. =/ Resistances SUCK. Many deaths. :(

Edit: I have a 4 link helm with the mods I want and the gem colour + link I want but level 60. IF i get to level 60. Guess I will need to farm solaris or lunaris till I get higher level. =/
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Aug 7, 2013, 5:15:27 AM
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Current gear:

BIGGEST PAIN NOW:

Edit: I have a 4 link helm with the mods I want and the gem colour + link I want but level 60. IF i get to level 60. Guess I will need to farm solaris or lunaris till I get higher level. =/

Glad you resolved the mana issue. Leveling up the mana leech gem will provide even more leech which should enable an additional support gem eventually when you have a 5L.

Looking at your gear I'd say it's close but not quite there for merciless. More farming. :) Or you can try to make it to merciless ledge and farm there as it's an easy linear clear, reset, repeat. Just switch to 2x 30 lightning resist rings when near the big totem. (No need to kill it.)
"
Xiaoyen wrote:

Hey Xiaoyen,

I'm a new player at anarchy and the game itself but have alot of gear to spare (i often vendor yellows x 100/day). If you're interested you can contact me by my IGN eyeliekturtles. I'm online often so keep an eye on me.
thanks for the great feedback guys! So far the changes are working really well. I just need to pick up a perandus shield from somewhere.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
thanks for the great feedback guys! So far the changes are working really well.

Glad to hear it! Keep us posted on your progress.
A very good guide,thank you.
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
A question:why don't you click unvavering stance and iron reflex?I think that's much safer.
"
zxwc wrote:
A question:why don't you click unvavering stance and iron reflex?I think that's much safer.

There's no need to pull Unwavering Stance, once you're developed you don't have any problem with stun.

Iron Reflexes could work and don't need too much invest, go for it instead of taking Ondar's Guile.
But I prefer having evasion and Ondar's Guile, your chances to avoid projectile attacks are really high - say over 90%- and many chaos attack are projectiles.

Let's image you have 75% chance to block, 30% chance to evade and 30%physical damage reduction.
a) Go evasion and pull Ondar's Guile. That grants you 7.5% extra chance to avoid attacks and 15% extra chance to avoid projectile attacks.
b) Go Iron Reflexes. No extra chance to avoid attacks, but you'll have 25% additional physical damage reduction.
*all numbers varies depending on your gear

It's a personal choice between having more physical reduction or more attack avoidance.
I don't find any option too much better than the other.
I feel comfortable having more avoidance.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:
"
zxwc wrote:

There's no need to pull Unwavering Stance, once you're developed you don't have any problem with stun.

Iron Reflexes could work and don't need too much invest, go for it instead of taking Ondar's Guile.
But I prefer having evasion and Ondar's Guile, your chances to avoid projectile attacks are really high - say over 90%- and many chaos attack are projectiles.

Let's image you have 75% chance to block, 30% chance to evade and 30%physical damage reduction.
a) Go evasion and pull Ondar's Guile. That grants you 7.5% extra chance to avoid attacks and 15% extra chance to avoid projectile attacks.
b) Go Iron Reflexes. No extra chance to avoid attacks, but you'll have 25% additional physical damage reduction.
*all numbers varies depending on your gear

It's a personal choice between having more physical reduction or more attack avoidance.
I don't find any option too much better than the other.
I feel comfortable having more avoidance.

Thank you very much.I want to play this build in HC,so I think IR is better.
"
Khavali wrote:
thanks for the great feedback guys! So far the changes are working really well. I just need to pick up a perandus shield from somewhere.

Hey Khavali, I've got an extra one of these lying around. I'd rather see it go to a fellow lazy pally. I tried PM'ing you, but I don't think you got it. *Sorry Sovyn, I know this isn't a gear related thread.

Spoiler

I'll let it go cheap, just make me an offer. (I could use some fusings ;) )

IGN = Schepp

@Sovyn - while we're on the topic, is the shield in your original post up to date, and what you are currently using? I've blown through roughly 35 alch/scouring/chaos orbs trying to craft a solid Vaal buckler - to no avail :( After blasting through my life savings, I've decided those resources are better spent on crafting my other gear, while I continue to use Perandus. I sure would love some proper evasion on a Vaal though. - Thx
Last edited by tylerj on Aug 8, 2013, 11:18:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info