[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
Glad you resolved the mana issue. Leveling up the mana leech gem will provide even more leech which should enable an additional support gem eventually when you have a 5L.

Looking at your gear I'd say it's close but not quite there for merciless. More farming. :) Or you can try to make it to merciless ledge and farm there as it's an easy linear clear, reset, repeat. Just switch to 2x 30 lightning resist rings when near the big totem. (No need to kill it.)

/sadpanda.

Did the medicine chest quest + Fetid Pool. Luckily I levelled earlier at Cruel Docks before heading in. Experience went up and down and up and down, nett gain = -ve :( Now I am sitting at 0% xp. I guess I will tough it out till ledge Merc and farm there as I HATE those machine gun guys in Docks with a passion. WITH A DAMN PASSION.

@Molochmane: It's ok, I was kinda greedy and going for IIR gear instead of resists. My D2 days should have taught me better than that. I will go self found as much as I can, and hopefully hit a good balance in order to hit maps.

@zxwc: Unwavering Stance is kinda on my mind right now, as I don't have much % recovery and my hp isn't very great to negate the stuns. But with my limited respecs, I wanna keep it till I hit a big wall and tweak the build later when I hit maps.
"
zxwc wrote:
A question:why don't you click unvavering stance and iron reflex?I think that's much safer.

kahoraho pretty much said what I would say. I think having some of both is best - a more balanced character.

I think I have 33% physical damage reduction and 36% chance to evade vs. melee and 72% chance to avoid vs. projectiles currently. That's a whole lot of not getting hit at all.
"
tylerj wrote:

@Sovyn - while we're on the topic, is the shield in your original post up to date, and what you are currently using? I've blown through roughly 35 alch/scouring/chaos orbs trying to craft a solid Vaal buckler - to no avail :( After blasting through my life savings, I've decided those resources are better spent on crafting my other gear, while I continue to use Perandus. I sure would love some proper evasion on a Vaal though. - Thx

Yes, the shield I'm using with great success is pictured in the current gear section - just used alterations.

The key is to get your evasion from somewhere, and the highest block shields just so happen to be evasion based so it's a natural fit.

I found a Crest of Perandus some time back but would not give up so much evasion to gain stats elsewhere.
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
Unwavering Stance is kinda on my mind right now, as I don't have much % recovery and my hp isn't very great to negate the stuns. But with my limited respecs, I wanna keep it till I hit a big wall and tweak the build later when I hit maps.

No tweak needed, I'm doing maps solo no problemo with gear anyone can find/craft. :) I'm not even that good of a gamer.

My videos are pretty outdated, the build is much better now that I've worked in more damage.

This game is pretty hard going self found but don't get discouraged. If you were into the trading scene, the game would already be over and you would be bored. As it stands you have something to look forward to.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
zxwc wrote:
A question:why don't you click unvavering stance and iron reflex?I think that's much safer.

kahoraho pretty much said what I would say. I think having some of both is best - a more balanced character.

I think I have 33% physical damage reduction and 36% chance to evade vs. melee and 72% chance to avoid vs. projectiles currently. That's a whole lot of not getting hit at all.

Thank you for your reply.I'm playing your build in HC,and I think we can't count on chance in HC,so I still want to use unwavering stance and iron reflex.
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
Last edited by zxwc on Aug 8, 2013, 10:38:21 PM
"
zxwc wrote:

Thank you for your reply.I'm playing your build in HC,and I think we can't count on chance in HC,so I still want to use unwavering stance and iron reflex.

OK, best of luck! Do keep us posted on your progress.
@zxwc
Will you be so kind to post your stats previous to pull Iron Reflexes and once you pull it?
I'm curious about it.

Chance to block
Chance to avoid attacks
Physical Damage Reduction

will be enough information for me, the moment previous to get Iron Reflexes and the moment after you get it.
Hope you remind it when you level up.
Thank you

I'm pretty sure Iron Reflexes will work, but I like evading almost every projectile while I finish with melees.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
"
kahoraho wrote:
I like evading almost every projectile while I finish with melees.

Me too! And on maps with "Monsters fire x additional Projectiles" or "Area is inhabited by ranged monsters" or even just a map with ranged monsters with the "deals chaos damage" property, this is very powerful.
Ok update for my progress.

equipment

got my hands on BoR and changed for siege axe i had in stash(i get less dps but better survival (more leech)), overall i got more dps in this setup.

Now i can finish some hard 69 maps with 0 mana and health regen and temporal chain, but i think if there will be chaos damage it will kill me =(
And yeah elemental weakness hurts because i am greedy bastard, i cant give up my Andvarius =)
i am not caped on resists

PS: sorry for my bad English.
PSS: i need 2 more sockets on BoR for gems =( added fire and IR =((( Greed is bad for progression =(

PSSS here is my skills
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0UIBjbGS4aMho4GlUa2xutHRQhYCNNJ-0yCTKJNug94kA2QKBEckd-SO5PfVBHUWBT31RJVcZW-lcNV-JY21nzW69fP2BLYSFko2VNZp5uaXKpdEF07XTxd9d673zZfyuAVoTEhNmE749GkAqQVZuDnrmezaC0ogCnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-0-bfTud2-p8APwBrPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1orXy9lh3Q3nUuw47g7vDu9O8B_yL_e--tL7qvzF

specked out of Bulwark because i am over caped on block
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Last edited by Borislav on Aug 9, 2013, 5:45:59 PM
I haven't seen your passive tree because I'm at phone and it would take too much effort xD
But...

I doubt maps with chaos damage affix would be a problem for you. You probably have a nice percentage life regeneration, say over 2.5%, enough to heal you more than chaos hurts.
I suppose you have 2% life leech from physical damage due to your passives, as zero life regeneration isn't a problem, so chaos won't be a problem neither

Nice gear.
Your weapon isn't as good as other items. It's overall dps isn't enough great for your level and it has a lot of elemental damage. I'd try to find a higher dps and more physical oriented weapon, I'm sure you have enough resources to get it.
* As I said I haven't seen your passive, maybe you have a lot of different passives from Sovyn and you've boosted a lot your elemental damage, on this case my advice could be wrong. But I doubt it because your main attack is Heavy Strike, a physical hit.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info