[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
bagdet45 wrote:

Do you think that Aegis Aurora is better than Surrender for this build?

Is for this skill tree only 1h weapons with more physical dps viable or would doryanis be still an upgrade and which Pantheon skill + soul do you personally recommend?

Doryani's is about 20% better than ahn's.

Aegis is fine, pros and cons, you'll probably lose DPS as you can't use blood rage with it (all ES is lost). Biggest perk is more total life pool ES + life combined. This one is personal preference.

Don't think pantheon is a big deal any which way. Minor. Maybe Soul of Solaris and switch the minor ones as needed between Soul of Gruthkul and Shakari.

"
Sovyn wrote:

Doryani's is about 20% better than ahn's.

Aegis is fine, pros and cons, you'll probably lose DPS as you can't use blood rage with it (all ES is lost). Biggest perk is more total life pool ES + life combined. This one is personal preference.

Don't think pantheon is a big deal any which way. Minor. Maybe Soul of Solaris and switch the minor ones as needed between Soul of Gruthkul and Shakari.

Ah ok, thanks.

Doryanis being a 20% upgrade even without changing the skill tree much is quite huge. Shows why its so expensive.
But I do have Blood Rage active because of Rainbowstride.

With my current setup I can peak 534k DPS. Its really evolving with your tips!

PoB: https://pastebin.com/2GsP0hqZ

Edit:
I tried to calculate effective DPS for a Doryanis on PoB and saw that I have less peak DPS with a decent rolled one. The current setup is not recommended when using Doryanis right?
If I want to utilize it I need to change the whole skill tree I presume.
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 17, 2019, 10:19:15 AM
"
bagdet45 wrote:

Doryanis being a 20% upgrade even without changing the skill tree much is quite huge. Shows why its so expensive.
But I do have Blood Rage active because of Rainbowstride.

With my current setup I can peak 534k DPS. Its really evolving with your tips!

PoB: https://pastebin.com/2GsP0hqZ

Edit:
I tried to calculate effective DPS for a Doryanis on PoB and saw that I have less peak DPS with a decent rolled one. The current setup is not recommended when using Doryanis right?
If I want to utilize it I need to change the whole skill tree I presume.

Doryani's is 20% better in the PoB I posted prior.

On your latest PoB Ahn's is close, 497k vs. 516k (respent sword nodes).

I can't determine why that difference is so much smaller.

Anyway, congrats on fixing your build. Looking good.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 17, 2019, 3:07:32 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Doryani's is 20% better in the PoB I posted prior.

On your latest PoB Ahn's is close, 497k vs. 516k (respent sword nodes).

I can't determine why that difference is so much smaller.

Anyway, congrats on fixing your build. Looking good.

Hi, thanks for always answering.
Im wondering why we have different DPS peak numbers and found why. Because the option for 'Used a spell recently' was not activated. Also cleared Uber lab today boosting my overall damage tremendously to the aforementioned 534k. :)

Can you show me your calculations and the Doryanis version? Hope this is not too much work, because I don't know what I should aim for.

Sadly, my currency income is really low, because I never found out how to make currency more effectively.
With my setup I can handle T9 maps with some problems, but I shouldnt start there when farming Currency right?

Edit: Just got a REALLY nice weapon with 394.5 DPS for only 40c. It competes with a perfect rolled Doryanis on this build!

Current progress pastebin: https://pastebin.com/hL6mFm2e
My peak DPS is now at 750.9k and it feels much smoother overall! My next target would be to get a better body armour. Is loreweave good for this build? I think it does so much for it, because it boosts so much elemental damage.

From my calculations on PoB I can reach 1.2 mil DPS with my current gear, a decent Loreweave (not even a good one) and every skill upgraded to 20% quality (not even corrupted versions).
Not sure if my tankiness is suffering that much tho. I dont think I could handle hardcore with my skill tree setup tbh.

On another note, with your Uber Setup and my weapon + a decent loreweave you can achieve 1.08m DPS. How much tankier is this setup? I know that having max block is insane and you are quite tanky, but is there another easy way for me to reach maximum spell block?
Also, your Uber setup skill tree can perfectly utilize Unnatural Instinct. Definitely should be used when you are rich!
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 18, 2019, 5:49:21 PM
"
bagdet45 wrote:
On another note, with your Uber Setup and my weapon + a decent loreweave you can achieve 1.08m DPS. How much tankier is this setup? I know that having max block is insane and you are quite tanky, but is there another easy way for me to reach maximum spell block?
Also, your Uber setup skill tree can perfectly utilize Unnatural Instinct. Definitely should be used when you are rich!

Loreweave looks good, I think some defense is sacrificed, low life, ar, es rolls compared to say an Atziri's Splendour which can have 1100 armour, 210 ES and 95 life easily. For offense, Loreweave is probably best.

You can place a Blue Nightmare on the budget tree not too bad, 2ex but it does take some points away from DPS. That would locate near faith and steel. It's worth 14 spell block.

Lately I have been working on a uber build with the leech added back in but it does stretch things a little bit thin.

Unnatural Instinct is interesting but too expensive to seriously offer a build with that in it. I don't think we use it best anyway.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 20, 2019, 3:29:23 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Loreweave looks good, I think some defense is sacrificed, low life, ar, es rolls compared to say an Atziri's Splendour which can have 1100 armour, 210 ES and 95 life easily. For offense, Loreweave is probably best.

You can place a Blue Nightmare on the budget tree not too bad, 2ex but it does take some points away from DPS. That would locate near faith and steel. It's worth 14 spell block.

Lately I have been working on a uber build with the leech added back in but it does stretch things a little bit thin.

Unnatural Instinct is interesting but too expensive to seriously offer a build with that in it. I don't think we use it best anyway.

I guess it depends on what you want to play, but I don't feel like going even more tanky right now in a non-HC league. Farming with this build feels a bit more tedious so I thought that I had to go hard on DPS improvement instead of survival.

On another note, I thought your full all out no-budget-limit build would definitely include these things, because by re-allocating the nodes in a way to get to the Scion jewel slot results in having the same skills nodes + other ones like movement speed, all res +18 and so on. It is unrealistic, but some people somehow always have the capabilities to farm stuff like that jewel or Headhunter Belt in like 2 weeks from season start.
I have high hopes for your build and tried to think some stuff up to compete with the DPS numbers of other popular builds while still having max attack/spell block, but going over 1.2m DPS with ultimate defense is really hard. Do you think any specific Vaal skills can be implemented?

What about a facebreaker variant? Is something like that even usable or just bad with your build? Some pathings I did in PoB showed me that the DPS stays nearly the same which is, especially on budget surprisingly good.
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 21, 2019, 8:54:07 PM
Hey Sovyn!

I'm playing LS version of this build, which needs Point Blank so the tree looks different. The feedback I can give however is that Voidwalker is an amazing item, greatly increasing clear speed for LS. The build still gets instagibbed late game, because 25% of the time you don't block, so life becomes more important than block, sadly.

I see you changing the tree many times and that's cool, keep up the good work!
Last edited by WoKoliS on May 24, 2019, 6:18:32 AM
"
WoKoliS wrote:
The build still gets instagibbed late game, because 25% of the time you don't block, so life becomes more important than block, sadly.

Even with 70% more life from nodes it's only a 1K life increase so I don't see how that helps with instagibbs. Open to suggestions.
To prevent oneshots I went for Iron Reflexes and ditched Reckless Defenses for 7% max life jewels. I also sacrificed some of the block chance to get more defenses. Abyss jewels are also an upgrade.

Not saying it's superior, I'm just trying to make the build an all terrain vehicle.

Sovyn,

Thank you for keeping up with this build.

I was wondering how you think the 3.7 changes will affect the build.

MOM lost the nodes behind it, still worth taking?

Looks like Sanctuary wheel lost 2 nodes.

You may have noticed other things I did not.

On a separate note, my friends and I did a fun random class and main skill generator for the new league and I came up with Infernal Blow Templar, which is why I have been studying your build the last few days.

Do you think I could pull off IB with this build?
Thoughts as to if I should go crit and maybe FaceBreaker or perhaps just focus on Ele damage (Avatar of Flame maybe?)

Hoping you have some ideas or suggestions.

Thank you for all your work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info