[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

What can you say about Molten Strike+Ancestral call combo? Will that improve the overall clear speed of Molten strike when compared with the likes of Ice Crash and Earthquake?

Also I have a Frostbreath mace, is it good to use that with Ice Crash together with this build?
"
xDeicidium wrote:
What can you say about Molten Strike+Ancestral call combo? Will that improve the overall clear speed of Molten strike when compared with the likes of Ice Crash and Earthquake?

Also I have a Frostbreath mace, is it good to use that with Ice Crash together with this build?

I'm finding Ancestral Call to be quite nice early on. Carpet bombing an area with molten strike is quite fun, and at very early game it does better than static strike.
"
dracos_pire wrote:
I'm finding Ancestral Call to be quite nice early on. Carpet bombing an area with molten strike is quite fun, and at very early game it does better than static strike.

I'm considering editing the early game recommendation section.

I did test it endgame and didn't notice anything outstanding so far, but I didn't add multistrike yet.
Hi, thank you for putting this comprehensive build together, I've been playing it around a year (I'm a pretty casual player) and I've learned a fair bit about the game from your build guide. I'm not great at the game, I'm just about comfortable with lower level yellow maps with my build as it currently is.

I'm at the stage of transitioning from using ice crash with doryani's and lioneye's remorse to something better. I'd like to get Aegis Aurora but I think I probably need to improve some other items first. I've got some uniques that I found were slight improvements on the rares I had when using PoB, I'm guessing there are better rares out there than these.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me their opinion on what I should upgrade next? I've got about 3ex saved up, could maybe do 4ex at a push, to give an idea of what I can buy next.

Thanks
"
dracos_pire wrote:
"
xDeicidium wrote:

I managed to get to level 40 using that combo and with multistrike, the fps drops are fun haha

Btw, I liked this build but I want to try it on Scion. Which ascendant is better suited for this build?
I'm curious, wouldn't Blasphemy be perfect for a build like this? Maybe a 4-link setup?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 28, 2017, 11:59:39 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a pastebin link in the first post?
"
Sinule wrote:
Hi, thank you for putting this comprehensive build together, I've been playing it around a year (I'm a pretty casual player) and I've learned a fair bit about the game from your build guide. I'm not great at the game, I'm just about comfortable with lower level yellow maps with my build as it currently is.

I'm at the stage of transitioning from using ice crash with doryani's and lioneye's remorse to something better. I'd like to get Aegis Aurora but I think I probably need to improve some other items first. I've got some uniques that I found were slight improvements on the rares I had when using PoB, I'm guessing there are better rares out there than these.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me their opinion on what I should upgrade next? I've got about 3ex saved up, could maybe do 4ex at a push, to give an idea of what I can buy next.

Thanks

You might consider a surrender instead of aegis, overall cost may be less. The shield runs more than aegis, about 2 ex, maybe a little less if you get a deal. The savings is that you wouldn't be worried about getting hybrid ar / es gloves and helmet.

Another thing is to use DPS flasks such as atziri's promise and lion's roar. You shouldn't need a mana flask.

I would recommend a block corrupted stone of lazhwar, spells are worth blocking. 2 - 3 block on it is cheap, for now. You may need different gloves with resists to cap out.

Also take a look at the uber tree and gear setup for the future if you want to take the character to the next level of tankiness. That goes beyond a budget build.
"
xDeicidium wrote:
Btw, I liked this build but I want to try it on Scion. Which ascendant is better suited for this build?

Gladiator and inquisitor would work, without over thinking it.
"
Rippster wrote:
I'm curious, wouldn't Blasphemy be perfect for a build like this? Maybe a 4-link setup?

Yes, except the mana reservation in addition to hatred would reduce mana to low levels insufficient for attack skills. Maybe with level 4 Enlighten, but I don't recommend that due to the cost. For uber build, mana becomes part of the defense strategy so we need plenty -- the level 4 enlighten would be linked to hatred there.

The curse coverage with counter attack curse on hit isn't that bad.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 28, 2017, 3:40:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info