[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Bibbio wrote:

My question,what do you think about glacial hammer as main skill?

Do you have tryed?

Haven't tested GH in a long time, but even with the improvements, it's going to be slower clearing maps than the top three or four skills. There is additional safety due to the freeze. So, as with most things in poe, you can trade speed for tankiness.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 16, 2018, 6:15:55 PM
"
Cambad wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

I have a 6 link Zahndethus Cassock floating around - could you see viability in the build for that?

You'll notice the uber build uses the inquisitor's consecrated ground - it's up most of the time. So this would be mostly redundant.

It's not bad at all if you don't have a 6-link belly or rare. Better than a Tabula.
I've been enjoying this build since I started a little over a week ago. Pretty straight-forward so far, but I think I've reached the point where things start to become complicated (just finished Act 4). I made several mistakes, but nothing that cannot be fixed I think.
Last edited by malakhglitch on Feb 5, 2018, 7:38:31 AM
"
malakhglitch wrote:
I've been enjoying this build since I started a little over a week ago. Pretty straight-forward so far, but I think I've reached the point where things start to become complicated (just finished Act 4). I made several mistakes, but nothing that cannot be fixed I think.

Complicated how so? If you'd like me to look, make your character profile public.,
"
Complicated how so? If you'd like me to look, make your character profile public.,

Made my character profile public (I think).

Complicated as in expensive.

I haven't gotten a rare 5-socket chest drop as of yet, but did get a rare chain doublet from Elreon with 5 sockets. After several attempts I managed to get all the sockets red (still using molten strike), but so far have not been able to get them all linked. In the process I have depleted my chromatic orbs and orbs of fusing. Right now I am wearing a tabula rasa given to me by a friend and I feel like a glass cannon. I haven't even gotten around to the other armor and weapons. I am now on the hunt for a linked 5-socket chest drop and any linked 4-socket armor drop.

I managed to get 2 shielding jewels and a thwarting one, but I'm currently using the wildfire jewel from the Act 5 reward for killing Innocence.

My friend who recommended I play PoE has remarked that I have zoomed past her in both level and in finishing Acts. I attribute that to the ease of using this build. So far the only weakness I have had is against Haku's dailies involving a boss with totems and in defeating Innocence, I have had to respawn several times to complete those. Everything else falls easily.
"
malakhglitch wrote:
I am now on the hunt for a linked 5-socket chest drop and any linked 4-socket armor drop.

You can do a lot with currency you've been finding.

Your first goal is to reach level 60 monster level areas so that you can start with the full rare set recipies to earn chaos. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets

Usually chaos is used to buy items from other players.

At level 67 you will get a bringer of rain for 1 chaos. Best upgrade

Meanwhile you can get a 5-link with life for 1 chaos or less, check here: http://poe.trade/search/amganaherarahe

Bear in mind corrupted ones can't change socket colors for now, so watch out for that unless it happens to be the right colors.

Most of your items can be easily upgraded for currency you've found as drops using the site above. Prioritize life on everything and a better weapon. Yours is 97 pdps, you can get up to 230 pdps for cheap. http://poe.trade/search/ootanuwamebahu Watch out for weapons with stats that you can't reach dex/int wise to equip.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 6, 2018, 8:35:14 PM
"
You can do a lot with currency you've been finding.

Target is level 60+, prioritize life on items and get a better weapon. Got it.

Thank you for the advice. ^_^
Ah! I now know why you say that a Mana flask is optional. I was constantly running out when I was using Molten Strike, but when I switched to Blade Flurry it has come out optimal. I have to position more instead of just rushing in, but Mana is no longer a problem despite adding the 4-gem CWDT and the 4-gem counter-attack.
Hi,

Thanks for supporting this build over all this time and answering all those questions. Really cool of you. It's truly a great build especially for HC.

I was thinking about picking the Hierophant ascendancy instead of Inquisitor because I plan on using MoM as mentioned in the Uber-Version.
It has really nice Mana-Nodes and a 20%Resi-Penetration for Helmet-skills. Did someone try this and can comment why it's good/bad?

OT: Is there a way to search threads instead of the whole templar-sub-forum?
"
Dune1100 wrote:
I was thinking about picking the Hierophant ascendancy

It's good but you will notice in the uber build that we take Pious path which regens both mana and energy shield, and it's up most of the time in my testing. You'll also get more considerably more damage than Hierophant with the inquisitor attack speed and damage bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info