[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
protoluz wrote:
I`m playing SSF League non-HC.

Quoted text is really all that needs to be said. SSF is meant to be hard. I did self enforced SSF for years. It's hard. You have to farm, farm, farm some more until you can craft or find useful gear for your build. Most items in the guide was traded for super cheap and easily. I did try to have info for SSF. You can find stone of lazhwar or anvil eventually, and probably craft a decent shield and if very lucky, craft a good sword with masters. So that's the scoop. The build is fine, just any build will be slow SSF.

Thanks for your reply. For a few days now I have thought about leaving SSF mode, on my other chars too, once I got into Merciless the progress feels really slow and sometimes very painful.
"
Sovyn wrote:
If you are doing the solo self-found mode, you may find a usable white 5-link chest as they are not that rare in my experience, but it is more likely that you would use the 150 fuse master craft or farm the aquaducts for the tabula divination cards.

Hargan had a 5-link battle plate for sale when I got to Act 3 Cruel. So I went to Flurry / Melee Physical / Weapon Elemental / Physical to Lightning / Added Fire like you suggested and put Fortify on Shield Charge.

I was starting to gather some budget end-game gear, when a Varunastra dropped. I'm not sure if it's as good as a Scaeva, but I wanted to use it and make the most of it. So I've delayed taking the Disemboweling critical nodes and taken the Deadly Dilettante cluster first.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

was wondering if anyone could review my gear and give me any suggestions thank you.
"
jackal917 wrote:
what do you think the tree would look like using a Red Nightmare jewel? its super expensive, so not sure when i'll get one but would just like to know.

I don't think that using that jewel would be a positive thing overall.

What would you give up? The nodes in the ranger area offer a lot of crit, damage, defenses, life, etc, making that up would likely cost you just as many points.
"
stoorzu wrote:
Is Soul Taker good weapon for this build ?:) Because i got one with high pdps and wanted to use that

It'll work and it is nice for level 59, but the crit chance is low so it wouldn't take advantage of the build's capabilities for endgame.
"
protoluz wrote:
I have thought about leaving SSF mode, on my other chars too, once I got into Merciless the progress feels really slow and sometimes very painful.

The thing is in SSF there really isn't a way to avoid playing the same areas a lot (farming) before progressing farther into the storyline. You need to over level and try to find workable gear. This is similar to how massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) work, and less like an action dungeon crawler. So it just depends what you like.
"
CelticHound wrote:
I was starting to gather some budget end-game gear, when a Varunastra dropped. I'm not sure if it's as good as a Scaeva, but I wanted to use it and make the most of it. So I've delayed taking the Disemboweling critical nodes and taken the Deadly Dilettante cluster first.

Varunastra is OK but unless you got a really good roll the PDPS is about the same as a Scaeva and the crit perks are definitely not there/worse so I wouldn't personally choose a Varunastra. The only advantage is that you can use any damage nodes and there may be some slightly more efficient choices, but probably not by much and I don't think that deadly dilettante would be one of them. The build is pretty optimized as presented, especially with the buffed sword cluster if you want to commit to swords.
"
kewlmidgetman wrote:
was wondering if anyone could review my gear and give me any suggestions thank you.

It looks like you are trying to do the premium setup on a budget; I would suggest getting into the recommended budget setup for now, it will cost you maybe 30 chaos to adapt your build. Then you can save up for the premium setup done properly.
"
jackal917 wrote:
what do you think the tree would look like using a Red Nightmare jewel? its super expensive, so not sure when i'll get one but would just like to know.

It looks like a great addition. I'm planning on adapting my tree for the jewel, since the Templar jewel spot gives it 14% block chance. That's a lot of free nodes that can be used as life instead. Definitely worth the price.
"
sligh16 wrote:
It looks like a great addition. I'm planning on adapting my tree for the jewel, since the Templar jewel spot gives it 14% block chance. That's a lot of free nodes that can be used as life instead. Definitely worth the price.

With respect, there are serious problems with this jewel. Not only does it cost 5 skill points to get the socket, but the nodes you wouldn't skill, such as faith and steel also grant a lot of armour and/or es depending on your shield choice with the 110% increased shield defenses, so if you want to break even, you'd need armour and/or es nodes which do cost skill points. Not to mention losing crit like heartseeker and/or fatal blade would basically cripple the build, so you'd be over there anyway, might as well get the block for a couple skill points, you get lots of damage and defenses along with it. Now, skipping solidity might not be a big deal, but you'd be there anyway for born to fight, heart of the warrior, golems blood, and warrior's blood, which are pretty much not skippable, so the block costs two skill points assuming you get diamond skin there anyway. Just an example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info