[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

hi I have followed your skill tree (small tweaks) but have used a duelist instead, I have found it very good and versatile whilst leveling but I am uncertain how to proceed now that I have reached level 90. I haven't gone crit as it requires quite an investment in points and gear. I was lucky enough to have an aegis drop so I removed my bloodrage gem and started using the aegis.

my main question is to do with ascendancies ... I'm about to do uber and can't decide between frenzy charges (outmatch outlast)or violent retaliation ?

also any suggestions to improve my character would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm currently running this guide to level my templar. However i feel like i'm getting too far behind on DPS etc.

I die too often and feel like i don't do that much DPS. Can someone please check my templar and help me improve?

Spoiler

Last edited by Floep on Dec 29, 2016, 9:22:10 AM
"
porkdinner wrote:

my main question is to do with ascendancies ... I'm about to do uber and can't decide between frenzy charges (outmatch outlast)or violent retaliation ?

Violent retaliation.

Your build looks fine. Not sure if the damage is there though. May want to consider something with more range for the harder bosses. Earthquake, blade flurry are the popular skills right now.

"
Floep wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently running this guide to level my templar. However i feel like i'm getting too far behind on DPS etc

Year weapon is barely 100 dps, probably half where it should be. So that's your dps problem.

You can definately upgrade all of your gear with items that have life on them, at present there is no life anywhere on your gear, and actually negative life on the amulet, which is why you are dying. You could keep your gloves which is the only piece with a little life on it, and the chest may be ok for now since it's 5-linked and you may not have the currency to chaos it or get a different one.

poe.trade

1 chaos limit each piece IMO
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
porkdinner wrote:

Violent retaliation.

Your build looks fine. Not sure if the damage is there though. May want to consider something with more range for the harder bosses. Earthquake, blade flurry are the popular skills right now.

tool tip damage is 76k, with golem and ancestrial warchief it goes to 105k and with flasks 130k. I have run a twinned abyss without dying and also normal atziri deathless.

I'm currently levelling a blade flurry.

violent retaliation looks like a real boss killer.

thank you for the reply and the build, easily my favourite guide.
Hey I have a question if anyone can answer.

Just Cleared Cruel on Hardcore Breach League and I am not sure what to do. Currently have 63 cold res, 54 light resist & -44 chaos resist. Should I keep using "The Anvil" & "Romira's Banquet"? And keep my resists as it is or should I cap my resists (Maybe get some chaos resist as well). If so which Unique should I swap out for (Or maybe both of them).

Would love an earnest response. Thanks for listening.
"
1337Anu wrote:
If so which Unique should I swap out for (Or maybe both of them).

Swap out something other than those uniques. It's easy to cap resists on your other slots. Use poe.trade for your needs.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Swap out something other than those uniques. It's easy to cap resists on your other slots. Use poe.trade for your needs.

Will do. Thanks. Is there any priorities in Gem links I should get? I am currently only running the 3L with Ashes of herald & Shield Charge and 4L with Blade flurry.
"
1337Anu wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Will do. Thanks. Is there any priorities in Gem links I should get? I am currently only running the 3L with Ashes of herald & Shield Charge and 4L with Blade flurry.

A white 5-link chest or tabula won't set you back much. You can farm the aqueduct in act 4 for divination cards and get a tabula free even.

Blade flurry, Melee physical, weapon elemental, added fire, physical to lightning is a good combo for the 5-link.

"
Sovyn wrote:

A white 5-link chest or tabula won't set you back much. You can farm the aqueduct in act 4 for divination cards and get a tabula free even.

Blade flurry, Melee physical, weapon elemental, added fire, physical to lightning is a good combo for the 5-link.

I don't understand. There is a an item that provides a 5 link? (Other than Tabula Rasa). Tabula Rasa is pretty expensive for me on the Hardcore Breach League

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info