[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
fatekills wrote:
Sorry if this was asked before or in the post and i over looked it, but has anyone tried lacerate?
I am only level 54 and tried lacerate and seems to be working well for me but was unsure if it would hold up later to ice crash/bladeflurry.

Thank you!

The reason that lacerate may clear overall more slowly than ice crash or earthquake is that it automatically targets the nearest enemy within range. So, you will end up damaging one monster behind you, then the ones in front. Ice crash and earthquake get them all in one shot. Blade flurry has some of this problem but not as bad as lacerate, cleave, reave, etc. All of these skill kill monsters though so you really have to get down to business with a stopwatch to figure it out, I have done a ton of that in the past and it's hard work. The above opinion is based on those experiences with similar mechanics.
"
Fufuneraire wrote:
I'm not telling my life for appreciation, but to ask advices : I don't really know where to go on my tree now, and the Gladiator doesn't benefit of crits as the Über-elemental Inquisitor with his fancy skill-nodes.

- Is "Vitality void" node worths the points ? Or is there something more worthly ?
- May I can go to flasks augmentations instead ? (I'm not a pro flask user, so I'm less comfortable with)
- I think I'll lack of damage later. I take only physical because I transform phys to elemental ; so it's maybe better, isn't it ?

Gladiator won't do quite as much damage as inquisitor and some block only happens after you get hit, so that first hit has a better chance of hurting you. That said, I would continue with your character as it is still good.

Did you know you can save a skill point by using the green path from the duelist start instead of the red?

If you want leech, you could do lust for carnage, get a bit more armour and save a point.

I wouldn't bother with flask nodes.

Yes, you want physical nodes. Elemental would be pointless for your build especially.

Finally, you will want accuracy and crit or go with resolute technique. I'd reconsider that huge expenditure for just a few things in the ranger area in your case since you don't need weapon artistry. Odds are you'd get more value out of completing the scion life wheel.

Best of luck with your build.
For the moment, I don't complain about getting hit. Taking damages helps me to overpass the 75% block cap. But just a bit please. A little spank. Thanks.

"
Did you know you can save a skill point by using the green path from the duelist start instead of the red?

Yes, I kept left side for strength. But I'll change that if it can helps.

"
If you want leech, you could do lust for carnage, get a bit more armour and save a point.

But "lust for carnage" leechs on physical (+ 4 flat on attacks) and "vitality void" on attack damage. Isn't it different ? I know that "attack damage" works with elemental damage of a weapon, but what about Ice Crash and stuff (I really like ice crash, that's why I keep a big hammer :3 ) ?

By the way, is accuracy worth for ice crash ?

You're right for the ranger tree, but I was seduced by %defenses on shields : my Lioneye's Remorse just give me a SMEG of armor (375% bonus) :D

I'll consider my planning tree. And learn to play with flasks, it seems to be necessary in high level.

Thx for your consideration, exile !
"
Fufuneraire wrote:
But "lust for carnage" leechs on physical

By the way, is accuracy worth for ice crash ?

Right, leeching from all types of damage is better. However, I don't invest in leech on my tree. There's too much to get already.

Some accuracy nodes provide more dps than other types of damage nodes. Precision is pretty good for only 2 points, for instance. However, you need at least as much crit and accuracy as I take, or get to resolute technique asap. Probably RT as you are not Inquisitor so crit would be a little bit wasted, although probably necessary to get serious dps.
Hello, I have a question! With Doryani's Catalyst, you don't gain the benefit of the Weapon Elemental Damage gem (unless I'm mistaken on how it works, which is possible since I'm still relatively new to all the game mechanics). So what would be a solid alternative to it, in order to still keep up with the other two weapons?

However, if it does benefit it, would you mind explaining how? (want to be educated if possible on all fronts)
"
Hello, I have a question! With Doryani's Catalyst, you don't gain the benefit of the Weapon Elemental Damage gem (unless I'm mistaken on how it works, which is possible since I'm still relatively new to all the game mechanics). So what would be a solid alternative to it, in order to still keep up with the other two weapons?

However, if it does benefit it, would you mind explaining how? (want to be educated if possible on all fronts)

Weapon elemental damage is a multiplier for your elemental damage. This includes hatred, herald of ash, added fire damage support, physical to lightning support. All of these add a portion of your physical damage as additional elemental damage, which is then scaled (increased) by the weapon elemental support.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Weapon elemental damage is a multiplier for your elemental damage. This includes hatred, herald of ash, added fire damage support, physical to lightning support. All of these add a portion of your physical damage as additional elemental damage, which is then scaled (increased) by the weapon elemental support.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood it then. I thought that it only affected the elemental damage on the weapon, rather than your total. Thanks for the info, Sovyn!
When would you recommend on making the switch to blade flurry?
"
Dommer wrote:
When would you recommend on making the switch to blade flurry?

You should get the gem at level 28 and start leveling it in your alternate weapons, then begin using it as soon as it feels superior to your other skill gems. If you still end up preferring some other skill by the time you are in maps, it's ok, the build works great with about a dozen different skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info