[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yo Sovyn

What would the 30% reduc do on static strike? Would it be a nice increase in damage?

I only do uber lab with your build and that's why I still use SS.

Maybe someone has tried it.

Ty for your response.
"
Vapala wrote:
What would the 30% reduc do on static strike? Would it be a nice increase in damage?

Reducing the duration of static strike just means the AOE part of the skill happens closer to the primary hits. This is probably beneficial for very short fights but minor in my opinion. This is not at all like more attack speed which actually scales your damage. I'd definitely go with the increased damage instead (or the radius if mapping).
Hi gentlemen,

First off, Thanks for the awesome guide. I'm lvl 82 on PHC and doing well. I got two questions:

1. Has anyone tried running 'Elemental Overload'? Sounds tempting and was wondering if anyone has tried it.

2. I just got enough resistance to equip a romira boquet. Has anyone tried Voidheart with this build? I heard its the new thang for melee builds.
"
Vagrant108 wrote:
Hi gentlemen,

First off, Thanks for the awesome guide. I'm lvl 82 on PHC and doing well. I got two questions:

1. Has anyone tried running 'Elemental Overload'? Sounds tempting and was wondering if anyone has tried it.

2. I just got enough resistance to equip a romira boquet. Has anyone tried Voidheart with this build? I heard its the new thang for melee builds.

1) I haven't yet had time to test that. I know the build is in a good place right now for DPS. If I did test, I would probably take off Berserking and the one crit multi node, like this. Berserking does add a lot of tooltip DPS to earthquake but in theory attack speed is not the best for the skill. Some help with testing is always nice, I recommend Gorge as it is low risk and repeatable with fairly similar layout each time. A video of each run can be used as a stopwatch, or an actual watch works too! Don't forget to set the baseline by doing runs with the regular tree first. I'd say the data wouldn't be interesting without at least all of the crit nodes from inquisitor (4 points).

2) not bad, looks way more expensive than romira's (which does add a ton of dps, many thousands with the charges).
So it turns out that when you have a perfect reckless defense and a single +1% block chance a jewel, you don't need the block chance on your stone of lazhwar.

Why is this exciting?

Because this corruption is much more common to see on the stone instead of on lioneye's remorse:

(bought for 3c in prophecy just now, though admittedly the next price for this max corruption value is 25c)

So, contrary to my exciting plans to use abyssus and lightning coil, I am now basically copying the original build in this topic. 72% block and spell block chance without tempest shield up (and tempest shield as one of the CwDT links). But... with more life and armour, because I got kinda rich on my first character this league.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 29, 2016, 9:47:28 PM
"
So it turns out that when you have a perfect reckless defense and a single +1% block chance a jewel, you don't need the block chance on your stone of lazhwar.

Why is this exciting?

Because this corruption is much more common to see on the stone instead of on lioneye's remorse:

Glad you found a way that works for you. I think the perfect reckless defence would have cost me more than my setup, but not too many people can find the corrupted shield, I was just lucky. Of course I got my shield long before reckless defence was a thing. This way may be more repeatable.
I'm still rocking the Aegis variant, going strong! The huge obstacle with the Aegis variant is that you really need a monstrous chestpiece to enable the use of Aegis, running a BoR with Aegis just leaves too many holes in gearing. And, legacy Aegis was absolutely insane back in the day, unfortunately they nerfed the ES regen on block. I spent a fortune crafting this chest back in the day, and damnit I'm sticking with it till the end! Oh, and legacy Aegis (and Soul Taker) help a lot too.

Just wanna express my thanks for the awesome build. I was here when the thread was still 10 or so pages, and leaving and coming back to the game three times now, this build is always what attracts me back.
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
Just wanna express my thanks for the awesome build. I was here when the thread was still 10 or so pages, and leaving and coming back to the game three times now, this build is always what attracts me back.

That's awesome. :) Glad to see you back (again).

PS Replace multistrike with physical to lightning
first things first: thank you for the detailed guide, it helped me a lot.

i do have some minor questions.
1)which gems to level up?
i am currently running Glacial Hammer-Multistrike-Meele Phys Damage-Weapon Elemental-Added Fire

i might switch to Static Strike later on (or Earthquake), so leveling the obvious, aka your main attack gem might be unwise.
what does give me the most bang for my bucks? is it worth leveling some support gems? hatred/herald of ash auras? the passives (Riposte/Vengeance ect)?
i am kinda lost here.

2)i just finished Merciless Lab (wasnt too tough) and am about to enter Maps to level further.
any advice on what Maps are good for our build (and affordable)?

atm i run a semi MF build and could upgrade some itmes if needed, but i felt like as long as the mobs get killed fast enough, i dont have to right now. (got 27k dps before stuff like blood rage/frenzy charges kick in).
opting to buy a Reckless Defense Jewel, but its kinda pricey, so meh

ty in advance
"
DrDurdle wrote:

i do have some minor questions.

DrDurdle,

You will want to level all gems as high as you can except for blood rage, ice golem and tempest shield and cast when damage taken. The gem levels for those are listed in the guide or you can check my gloves in the current gear section.

Earthquake will clear maps faster than glacial hammer. I'd go ahead and level earthquake and physical to lightning and less duration so you have them for later. You can level these gems in your weapon switch. Just grab a couple of weapons with three sockets each of the right colors to put in your weapon switch (x key).

You should get plenty of tier 1 maps by accident doing the storyline area in merciless. That will be enough to start mapping and you will probably never run out of maps just by finding them in maps you do. If you run out, farm merciless catacombs and library for more tier 1 maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info