[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
persnikitty wrote:
This is a really fun build. Once CWDT was acquired, it really came into its own. Thanks for putting so much work into this awesome guide.

Glad you are enjoying.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
This is probably my favourite chill build to play while watching streams etc. It might not clear maps as fast as some of my other characters but they are all so squishy in comparison that I can't really just chill out with a stream. Maps with chilling patches are a

Once you get some damage on your gloves, ring and a few more levels you can do sub 4 minute T9 gorge maps which is respectable for a sub 10 ex build that can also do any boss.

Picked up some new gloves, gonna wait on ring though.

Also here's a few videos of me doing some maps, I forgot to turn the specs overlay off though in the first video, so it kind of annoyingly covers my potions and what not.
Gorge Clear
Underground River Clear (w/ Temporal Chains)

Last edited by TheRealRyven on Jun 14, 2016, 6:58:31 AM
"
Also here's a few videos of me doing some maps, I forgot to turn the specs overlay off though in the first video, so it kind of annoyingly covers my potions and what not.
Gorge Clear
Underground River Clear (w/ Temporal Chains)

Thanks for posting the videos!
Hey guys, just dropping here to say that the boots enchantment from merciless lab "0.5% of damage leeched as life and mana if you've killed recently" is ridiculous. Since i got it i've never had the need to use a mana flask again, except maybe in super long fights against beefy bosses. I strongly recommend it. Please note that it's ANY DAMAGE, so the life and mana leech is very very high.

Currently al level 94, I haven't had the time to play so much anymore. I'm still using Static Strike, can't wait to get my hand on the new Voidheart ring, it seems broken on any melee build.

cheers
"
sligh16 wrote:
Hey guys, just dropping here to say that the boots enchantment from merciless lab "0.5% of damage leeched as life and mana if you've killed recently" is ridiculous. Since i got it i've never had the need to use a mana flask again, except maybe in super long fights against beefy bosses. I strongly recommend it. Please note that it's ANY DAMAGE, so the life and mana leech is very very high.

Currently al level 94, I haven't had the time to play so much anymore. I'm still using Static Strike, can't wait to get my hand on the new Voidheart ring, it seems broken on any melee build.

cheers

I don't use a mana flask nor do I have that enchant. With the current setup of this build using Romira's Ring my mana is fully sustained. I have never once ran out, I don't even carry a mana flask anymore because I haven't had to use one.
With a little patience, I got a max roll lion's roar for 15 chaos.

(I added the quality myself, lord knows I have plenty of glassblower's baubles not doing anything!)

Trash monsters seem to die instantly so the knockback is not inconvenient. A good flask.
Hello Sovyn,

first of all I want to thank you for this fantastic build. I really like and appreciate it.

I'm using this build for my Marauder and I don't know which ascendancies I should use. Could you help me out? I think Juggernaut is the best option. What do you think about choosing "Undeniable", "Unbreakable" and "Unreleanting"?

Greetings,
qhil
"
qhil wrote:
I'm using this build for my Marauder and I don't know which ascendancies I should use. Could you help me out? I think Juggernaut is the best option. What do you think about choosing "Undeniable", "Unbreakable" and "Unreleanting"?

Juggernaut for more defense (wouldn't bother with unbreakable, probably doesn't work with shield so no point), berserker for more offense (40% more).
Just started running with this build guide to make character #2 this league. I've never made a second character in a second league before, so it's amazing how trivial everything is when you have money to burn. Got a wall of brambles to level with until I switch over to my belly of the beast; it's successfully trivializing normal-mode bosses.

So, are those defensive stats I see on the front page really from 2.3 using an inquisitor? I can see that your total spell block chance is equal to just under your block chance, then plus a bit of a flat bonus, but how are you hitting 75% block chance at the end? I feel like I must be missing something in the calculation.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 25, 2016, 9:06:05 PM
"
So, are those defensive stats I see on the front page really from 2.3 using an inquisitor? I can see that your total spell block chance is equal to just under your block chance, then plus a bit of a flat bonus, but how are you hitting 75% block chance at the end? I feel like I must be missing something in the calculation.

Yes, the stats are from 2.3. I'm 72 to both block types with tree/jewels/amulet/shield/boots and then 3 from tempest shield which is almost always up, for a total 75. You can get almost that much very cheap. The shield corruption is rare so most will skip that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info