[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
vladimars wrote:
I'm looking for what to focus on for improvements to my build/gear.

vladimars, Item Level is not important for the enchants. It's based only on the difficulty level of the labyrinth you are doing, as you said.

On your attack skill, you can move fortify to shield charge (buffed in 2.3) and put added fire instead which will add a lot of damage. If you stay with static strike (I've moved to earthquake) you would quality the static strike gem first for more reach. After that, either multi or melee phys. These are minor but better than WED/AF quality.

Your biggest upgrade would be a bringer of rain, they cost 3-5 chaos. I assume you are making 2 chaos a pop with the vendor recipe by now.

Other than that, just take a look at my current gear and try to match it closely. It's fairly optimized aside from the enchantments. You can consider the attack speed, physical damage on gloves, armour on belt, spell block/block on shield and amulet, accuracy on rare ring (mana is irrelevant btw), and damage mods on jewels all optional improvements for a later time. Ignoring those things you can match me on the cheap.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 1, 2016, 2:35:39 PM
Picked up a new pair of gloves, good enough to get me re-balanced.

I attempted to switch over to EQ to see how it felt, and I'm sure with some re-adjustment on my part, it would be a bit better overall, but I've gotten very comfortable with the aftershocks that Static Strike's mechanic offers. I realized using EQ that I rely pretty heavily on those shocks to clean up my trash mobs as I'm running through maps, especially indoor ones.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
I attempted to switch over to EQ to see how it felt, and I'm sure with some re-adjustment on my part, it would be a bit better overall, but I've gotten very comfortable with the aftershocks that Static Strike's mechanic offers.

Earthquake = clear speed

Static = Boss kill speed

Either works. I just went EQ myself because I think most people would prefer a minute less on the whole map vs 3 seconds better time on the boss. But if one is farming only a certain freestanding boss over and over it might make sense to use Static.
Today's Update

Fully updated the guide for PoE 2.3 which was just released.

- Shield charge is now awesome, so I updated the movement skill section to emphasize that skill (thanks GGG)

- Updated skill trees to add the Ascendancy passive points at roughly the proper levels

- Updated the total stats from passive tree section to include all of the Ascendancy nodes' stats

- Updated the Ascendancy class description section and picture to include the extra 2 points from the endgame map Labyrinth

- Updated my current gear section to show my current movement skill setup

- Updated the changelog.
I miss something but i dont know what ....

How do you get chaos damage on your 7L ?
"
sensa30440 wrote:
I miss something but i dont know what ....

How do you get chaos damage on your 7L ?

Atziri's Promise flask.

Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 3, 2016, 8:21:19 PM
Any advice on scion's ascendancy tree? Can't decide.
"
Inscaped wrote:
Any advice on scion's ascendancy tree? Can't decide.

Since Inquisitor is hopelessly neutered on Scion tree, might as well just get block, so Gladiator and Guardian. With that extra 6 block, you perhaps can take my build's damage nodes a little sooner as you can skip a couple block nodes.
I have kinda same gear .. But my numbers are no where near that .. First of all my EQ is 9k dps tooltip and I end up with 3k armour and 3k hp .. Getting one shotted on t6 maps ...

and I still end up being fucked
"
Deeflowz wrote:
I have kinda same gear .. But my numbers are no where near that .. First of all my EQ is 9k dps tooltip and I end up with 3k armour and 3k hp .. Getting one shotted on t6 maps ...

Taking a quick look at your gear, you may want to consider added fire instead of weapon elemental if you stick with concentrated effect for the blue socket. Or you can leave WED there and swap the blue gem to phys to light for larger AOE and slightly faster trash clearing.

Also, shield charge is what I use now for movement, and put Fortify support on it. You'll get in a rhythm with it and have Fortify up all the time which will be very helpful for you.

Can't use blood rage with aegis, unfortunately, that is mentioned in the guide. You can use molten shell instead but it will cost you some DPS.

I noticed there isn't any damage on one ring, gloves or belt, these are easy places to see gains. I'd recommend a Romira's Banquet for one ring, they are cheap and best damage for slot. Carrion Circle is OK, replace Damnation Grasp, it's not helping you any.

It's possible your skill tree and/or ascendancy tree does not exactly match the guide as well, I'd be sure to double check that!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info