[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey Sovyn, I'm using Abyssus and 5 link coil still, will I use the same skill tree as the build now with BoR? Thanks, still loving this build.
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I'm using Abyssus and 5 link coil still, will I use the same skill tree as the build now with BoR? Thanks, still loving this build.

You certainly can but you will be missing 5 block. With your coil only being 5-link, BoR is a little bit better overall because you can use blood rage. Blood Rage hurts too much with 40% more damage per tick with Abyssus (not mitigated by armour).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kojack37 wrote:

You certainly can but you will be missing 5 block. With your coil only being 5-link, BoR is a little bit better overall because you can use blood rage. Blood Rage hurts too much with 40% more damage per tick with Abyssus (not mitigated by armour).

Ok, I'll just buy a BoR as I have a few chaos. Is it worth it to splurge and spend 50 chaos for one with +160 max life?
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Ok, I'll just buy a BoR as I have a few chaos. Is it worth it to splurge and spend 50 chaos for one with +160 max life?

Definitely not.
Today's Update:

Initial testing data of the new melee skills in 2.2. Multiple runs, averaged. All else being equal except the attack skill gem. These are in BoR of course so melee physical damage, faster attacks is a given in addition to those supports listed.

Earthquake(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three Merciless Harvest bosses: 31 seconds average

Sunder(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three Merciless Harvest bosses: 30.4 seconds average

Basically the skills are exactly the same on these bosses. It comes down to whatever you like better as far as the shape of the area of effect. Admittedly these bosses are rather too easy for me so they go down very fast. I don't know if that affects the results. Probably not as they have a decent spectrum of the resistances between them.

Tomorrow I will do more, with Static Strike (I have a level 13 gem ready for this skill as well) which is expected to outperform these but we shall see. I'll also test all three with WED instead of Concentrated.
Today's Update:

New testing data for two of the most popular elemental conversion skills. Exact same everything as per the Earthquake and Sunder results above.

Static Strike(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three harvest bosses: 24.4 seconds average

Molten Strike(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three harvest bosses: 23.7 seconds average

As we can see the elemental conversion skills are slightly better than the new physical skills. These too are close enough that it comes down to a preference for the AOE shape that you prefer.

More tests to come in this boss kill speed series including Ice Crash, Cyclone and WED variation for all of the prior ones as well then on to some type of clear speed testing in maps.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 6, 2016, 12:56:44 PM
Hi again Sovyn!

Just a quick question.
Are you testing with Augury of Penitence or Instruments of Virtue?
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hi again Sovyn!

Just a quick question.
Are you testing with Augury of Penitence or Instruments of Virtue?

Augury. I spec'ed just like the picture in the guide.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Today's Update:

Initial testing data of the new melee skills in 2.2. Multiple runs, averaged. All else being equal except the attack skill gem. These are in BoR of course so melee physical damage, faster attacks is a given in addition to those supports listed.

Earthquake(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three Merciless Harvest bosses: 31 seconds average

Sunder(13) - concentrated effect - added fire damage - multistrike
Time for all three Merciless Harvest bosses: 30.4 seconds average

Basically the skills are exactly the same on these bosses. It comes down to whatever you like better as far as the shape of the area of effect. Admittedly these bosses are rather too easy for me so they go down very fast. I don't know if that affects the results. Probably not as they have a decent spectrum of the resistances between them.

Tomorrow I will do more, with Static Strike (I have a level 13 gem ready for this skill as well) which is expected to outperform these but we shall see. I'll also test all three with WED instead of Concentrated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Multistrike isn't very good for Earthquake, as subsequent hits overwrite the actual Earthquake effect. In essence, all you're doing is delaying that big splash and getting a few more soft hits in with it.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Multistrike isn't very good for Earthquake, as subsequent hits overwrite the actual Earthquake effect. In essence, all you're doing is delaying that big splash and getting a few more soft hits in with it.

I'm quite certain what you are saying would be true with a big 2-hander but with a 1-hander the more attack speed you have with EQ the better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info