[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Thats not enough dude :(

Sure it is, I'm well over cap in Merciless. There's 10 below scion and 6 from Ascendancy tree as well.
Hi Sovyn,

Congrats on thread still going strong.

I am awaiting an update on your chosen enchantments.

My choices are:
Gloves: Decree of Light
Boots: Dodge attack
Helmet: Enfeeble curse effect or anything with main attack skill

MY stuff:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEswUtBjkJMwz3Dc0TzBQgFPYVIBZvGF0ZtBo-GmwblxutHM4kqicvKS4pTytQLYMvzDJONuk3RzrYPAU9Dz3iQKBFR0a3R35I7k1GT_NQR1FgXz9i7GVNZ5to8mn-a6xyqXTtd-N35XiueTl5aHrvfLh8u37igpuE2YTvhXuGO4x2kFWSbpJ9mG-ce548ogCpbqmVrK-t8a4-r6exs7UEvFa9Nr6nwGbAv8EEwYLE9sau0TbSfNN-2sHcI-Is42rkIuRR5c_sOOzL7WHvDu9673zwH_Iv8wb2o_cy-d37qv5U

A bit different to yours. 65% block attacks. ~4000 life ~2000 ES ~750 mana.
DPS ~28k (with aura, no charges, no rallying cry, with ice golem).
With inevitable judgement, that was a sweet DPS boost.

Hello Sovyn, returning to fight after a long time.

Have you tried using Heavy Strike?

I'm using a configuration based on the old model with HS and I'm enjoying it while still in testing. In the other I found much lag and this seemed better.

Spoiler

DPS: 37424,8 (Lvl 12 HS + Hatred) without charges
Chance to Block: Attacks (70) and Spells (67)
Resistances: 105/115/107
Life: 4731
Mana: 818
Armour: 10242

I'm guessing if I use as a curse "Enfeble" or "Poacher's Mark" because of the mana consumption. With Static Strike I spent 21 and this I spent only 18.

Well that's it, thank you for keeping this incredible build even after so long.

Last edited by Zatlan on Mar 10, 2016, 5:00:36 PM
"
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
I decided to try the Bringer of rain helmet to get max block, and now i'm having difficulty with maxing out my all res. How are you able to get max res, any advice to would be helpful!

Jewels. Block + resists is quite doable, often 10 chaos and less. Some on gloves and ring and belt also. We get a bit from the tree, Diamond Skin for example.

Thats not enough dude :(

It is. This is the gear I'm using and I have capped all my res in merciless

Spoiler
"
Gyver wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Congrats on thread still going strong.

I am awaiting an update on your chosen enchantments.

A bit different to yours. 65% block attacks. ~4000 life ~2000 ES ~750 mana.
DPS ~28k (with aura, no charges, no rallying cry, with ice golem).
With inevitable judgement, that was a sweet DPS boost.

Hello Gyver, I'll probably eventually recommend some lab enchantments but it won't be easy for people to reproduce it unfortunately as the odds of getting any specific one are very low.

Good start on the gear.
"
Hello Sovyn, returning to fight after a long time.

Have you tried using Heavy Strike?

I'm using a configuration based on the old model with HS and I'm enjoying it while still in testing. In the other I found much lag and this seemed better.

DPS: 37424,8 (Lvl 12 HS + Hatred) without charges
Chance to Block: Attacks (70) and Spells (67)
Resistances: 105/115/107
Life: 4731
Mana: 818
Armour: 10242

I'm guessing if I use as a curse "Enfeble" or "Poacher's Mark" because of the mana consumption. With Static Strike I spent 21 and this I spent only 18.

Well that's it, thank you for keeping this incredible build even after so long.

I haven't used heavy strike in years. It is probably pretty good for single targets though. I'm looking at higher DPS numbers with AOE skills which do clear maps faster I believe. I know I probably have more damage nodes on the tree than you have though so that's a factor.
is it viable to get the fortify cluster below the duelist tree? I have the legacy BOR with 15% block so sitting at 73% without the shield nodes near ranger.
IGN - Endoplasm
Last edited by kot0005 on Mar 9, 2016, 9:28:55 PM
"
Kojack37 wrote:

It is. This is the gear I'm using and I have capped all my res in merciless

Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't have any chaos res now ROFL.
Heh, lvl 20, got counter-attack gems and the build is starting to feel familiar :)

Reading the guide noticed that Static Strike changes to Icecrash for a bit, is Icecrash a major upgrade until you can get multistrike+static?
"
kot0005 wrote:
is it viable to get the fortify cluster below the duelist tree? I have the legacy BOR with 15% block so sitting at 73% without the shield nodes near ranger.

It works but I'd just get into the damage nodes I take in the level 96 tree earlier. They would serve you better IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info