templar

Scion:
+10 int
+34% weapon elemental dmg
+26% elemental damage
+5% chance to freeze, shock and burn

scion
Last edited by JoyfulPineapple on Feb 24, 2015, 3:15:03 PM
Made a comment on the botw thread but figured I would also come and give my congratulations on the proper thread and finally say after years of lurking and rebuilding this char many times, this is my favorite build. I have destroyed so many maps my friends could not and honestly in the Sarn Arena I am nearly unbeatable right now.

So in short thank you Sovyn and keep up the good work!

also on a side note finally got myself a

and now running HoI in it since mana isnt an issue :D
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Congratz on BotW.
One addition, you can remove the sword nodes and still stay at max block by using a perfect corrupted Stone of Lazhwar and master crafted gloves:

Yes sir, I did consider that option but it is more expensive by several exalts and one would lose some of the other advantages that gloves can have. That's why I decided to spec the way I did for the guide. Obviously with BoR or something with extra block on it the sword nodes are the first to go if someone does not use swords certainly.
"
Squarebush wrote:
Made a comment on the botw thread but figured I would also come and give my congratulations on the proper thread and finally say after years of lurking and rebuilding this char many times, this is my favorite build. I have destroyed so many maps my friends could not and honestly in the Sarn Arena I am nearly unbeatable right now.

So in short thank you Sovyn and keep up the good work!

"
SimbaQ7 wrote:
At last it shows up on BOTW. Was about time, congratz :D

Thanks guys :)

Grats on the Soul Taker, Squarebush!

"
Scion is indeed more efficient. Comparison:

Templar:
+10dex
+30 str
+14 max life

templar

Scion:
+10 int
+34% weapon elemental dmg
+26% elemental damage
+5% chance to freeze, shock and burn

scion

You are probably right, friend. At level 100 at least. But for starting out, earlier access to RT may be more important. Don't forget this build has been around for 2 years, that's a LOT of tree iterations and pre-dates the Scion by quite a bit. :) Also, I'm not sure how much dps those elemental nodes really contribute. I tested them in the far past and they were not very impressive, certainly less than expected. Static Strike scales well based on physical damage. Also, one of the founding principals of the build is that the player's choice of attack skill may be used, and most would benefit even less from those elemental nodes than Static would. Thank you for posting. :)
General update - updated my current gear and screenshots today with current calculated dps total for Static Strike: 53,579 DPS, self buffed, no flasks or vaal skills, etc., not including counter-attacks and tempest shield and thousand teeth damage, which all together are probably significant. :)
I just wanted to put my 2 cents into the scion/templar debate. I agree that the scion gives more benefit at level 100, however, very few characters make it that far into the game. The reason this build works better as a templar, is that as a first time player, a lot of the skill gems that you need are not available to a scion. The quest rewards for templar give a good portion of the gems that are needed. So for a new player or a new league, I would recommend running as a templar, but for someone who wants to make the ultimate end game lazy pally that has access to the gems and currency, I would recommend running as a scion.

I have noticed that I am having a hard time jumping for lvl 89 to lvl 90. I always die to something dumb as soon as I hit 10% xp. I think that with more endgame experience I should be able to over come this, but do you think I can improve my gear anymore?[

P.S. What would be the most efficient gem to put in the open red slot on my chest?
Last edited by Chronk on Feb 24, 2015, 9:26:33 PM
"
Chronk wrote:
I just wanted to put my 2 cents into the scion/templar debate. I agree that the scion gives more benefit at level 100, however, very few characters make it that far into the game. The reason this build works better as a templar, is that as a first time player, a lot of the skill gems that you need are not available to a scion. The quest rewards for templar give a good portion of the gems that are needed. So for a new player or a new league, I would recommend running as a templar, but for someone who wants to make the ultimate end game lazy pally that has access to the gems and currency, I would recommend running as a scion.

I have noticed that I am having a hard time jumping for lvl 89 to lvl 90. I always die to something dumb as soon as I hit 10% xp. I think that with more endgame experience I should be able to over come this, but do you think I can improve my gear anymore?
P.S. What would be the most efficient gem to put in the open red slot on my chest?

Hi Chronk, thanks for posting. I was laying there waiting to fall asleep last night and remembered the quest reward advantage but forgot by the time I awoke. So thanks for mentioning it for me!

Any build will die to certain things in PoE. Things that get me on my and friends' various characters include:

Corrupting blood / puncture if not quick enough with the flask;

Anything that explodes / detonates in negative resistances maps, e.g., strongboxes, Volatile nemesis named, rogue exile Minara Anemina, not evading adds when Dominus marks you in Residence, etc;

Poison cloud strongboxes if low on chaos resist;

Ice Nova strongboxes in negative resists maps;

Storm Herald nemesis named in negative resists maps;

Crematorum boss in negative resists map or even regular map if not prepared;

Making too many tornados from the Academy boss;

Not dodging Atziri's spells properly;

Again, these oopsies can happen to anyone, I've been in enough public groups to see people drop like flies with all kinds of builds.

That's why in the guide I suggest not starting any build as a first PoE character in hardcore mode, need to learn all of these things the hard way first. :)

As far as your gear and gems, you will gain a bit more dps ultimately, but on the defense side it looks pretty close to maxed. A little more armor and life here and there is possible but close enough IMHO. You could try a large slow life flask instead of one of the others. Hit both the instant and the sustained heal together in a pinch. I don't find 5 seconds of armor that useful, it's not likely you will get hit hard twice in a row with physical. I can kill Kole without him getting one hit in for example. If one hit gets through, not likely two...

The last socket on chest - level up added fire for when you eventually can afford a 6 link belly. Or, Vaal Molten Shell would be good. Or, perhaps Shield Charge as it's a rather nice opening move. Finally, a decoy totem, not that we really need it. A few ideas there.
Well well, I didn't check the website one day, and what happens?

My favorite build ever gets BOTW after 2 years running, now that's just amazing :)

Congratulations Sovyn, that is so well deserved, and long overdue in my humble opinion, but I have told you that before.

Made a post about it in the news thread as well, but who reads yesterdays news, hehe.
"
Stefacle wrote:

Congratulations Sovyn, that is so well deserved, and long overdue in my humble opinion, but I have told you that before

Thanks for your support my friend. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info