[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
All right folks, I posted a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlK82Ru2Dgo

Very messy first run at Atziri. I was tempted to run this a few times and get the technique down before posting but decided to post the very first run. You can see I got a little better toward the very end. The fight is definitely all about player skill. I messed up a bunch! One thing I noticed is that gear/aura selection does not seem to matter much. I tried different things. Instead, it's all about dodging at the right moments. Enjoy.

I think I may do another video after a couple more runs, see if I can get my groove, then post the better video to the first page.

PS I did remove my curse gem as I heard Atziri reflects curses.

Congrats on the Atziri kill Sovyn!

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't watch the video until I'm home this evening.

At what level did you do this?
"
Stefacle wrote:

At 93, not that I couldn't have earlier but I didn't bother to try as it was a time investment :) Not as bad as I thought though and will get easier the more I do it. (I usually play 30-60 minutes at a time and assumed a first run would take longer...2014 was a busy year as well...)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 13, 2015, 4:15:06 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:

At 93, not that I couldn't have earlier but I didn't bother to try as it was a time investment :) Not as bad as I thought though and will get easier the more I do it. (I usually play 30-60 minutes at a time and assumed a first run would take longer...2014 was a busy year as well...)

I had no doubt that you would get Atziri eventually, and that the build is very much capable :)

Now you can update the guide/title with Atziri viable or whatever, seems important to many people :)

EDIT: Watched your video, and that was really great :)

So, eh... Hall of Grandmasters video next? Hehe
Last edited by Stefacle on Feb 13, 2015, 7:20:50 AM
"
Stefacle wrote:
Now you can update the guide/title with Atziri viable or whatever, seems important to many people :)

EDIT: Watched your video, and that was really great :)

Thanks, I was hesitant to post the first rough try. I might make another one with more practice.

I don't think I'll change the title as I think any build could kill atziri with the right player at the controls. :) As mentioned it's more about dodging at the right moments. I believe my build helps with the trio.

I will however add an atziri kill video eventually to the front page video section. I don't have much there yet.
what are the best masters to get for this build?
"
rescolada wrote:

Hi rescolada :)

All are useful except for Catarina and maybe Leo.

Haku and Vagan probably most useful early on I'm guessing.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
rescolada wrote:

oh i always assumed there were specific ones that were better for certain builds. i've set up a hideout before.
"
rescolada wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
rescolada wrote:

oh i always assumed there were specific ones that were better for certain builds. i've set up a hideout before.

I used Vagan to add a mod to my weapons a few times, Haku to add mods on my armour, Tora to add a mod to a few belts, elreon to do multimod for high end crafts to sell and also add mods to rings (one of which I am using now), Vorici to fix the socket colors on items (can get expensive), and Zana to get free map drops from her daily missions.
Can I include Elemental Equilibrium with this build? or does it have any benefits?
"
Reginald_II wrote:
Can I include Elemental Equilibrium with this build? or does it have any benefits?

Hi Reginald, I do almost equal damage of all of the elements so not great for my config, but if you want to work a little harder you could try dropping added fire support for something else and then engage each pack with an opening move, maybe leap slam with added fire damage and increased aoe. When I use leap I don't hit every pack, making sure to do so might not be too 'lazy'. ;) Whether this idea is worth two points would be hard to determine as the tooltip dps would go down, so you would have to find some way of measuring clear times with and without.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info