[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Another possibility I was thinking of is:

stone of lazhwar and rathpith globe (107% spell block in my case)
leaving grace, but replacing hatred with herald of ash and tempest shield (or looking at your last possible tree, maybe getting the aura nodes to be able to simply add tempest shield, would that be enough to include it?)

tree: 37 block
tempest shield: 4 block
rathpith: 30

this gives 71 block and 75 spell block
tempest shield would be linked with blind, hopefully helping to compensate for the lower attack block

Biggest impact would be on dps, as we would be replacing 36% extra elemental damage with 15%, would depend on how much difference there's on damage with the new tree.
"
weberto wrote:
(or looking at your last possible tree, maybe getting the aura nodes to be able to simply add tempest shield, would that be enough to include it?)

Yes, my last build will run hatred + grace + tempest shield on mana with 20 reduced mana support.

TS is 5 block as I take all of the + buff nodes.

Pretty much exactly what the original build a couple years ago was. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 8, 2014, 2:03:30 AM
"
weberto wrote:

tree: 37 block

One other thing, the build I linked last (here it is again) for tempest shield only has 33 block on the tree. If I go that way, and I probably will, I plan to use it with rathpith + anvil for 78 block, 66 spell block. You can add another 4 block but you would lose some damage and a little life, something like this, but probably not worth it.
Really hoping for best cause got only my temp blocker with reave thanks to Sovyn. Lets hope my gems gear etc can be some use after 1.3. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Wolferlmm on Dec 8, 2014, 4:15:31 AM
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Really hoping for best cause got only my temp blocker with reave thanks to Sovyn. Lets hope my gems gear etc can be some use after 1.3. Keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, nothing much will change to be honest. Hang in there. :)
1.3 totally derped on my build lol.

Level 81 Oak/Oak/Kill Duelist I'm respeccing into this. Here's what I got:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7MqQ6UaK8JsthNm2ii_MYuzBgtX4xLi9Nkd-vqdlTQUteu907YTvwL9AoF4TYEusrwz3qZWPmQSHMk7iLAkz0TYVICzpytMZtKOKVvr8xd0NPeLXy0xgG61I7taKfyt31_4K2L01krXybqpKyD8nKk1RYAY5JIs9D8T2PC3Grrc-8wb7qnzZ9zJyqeRRZ5uuPnfjXz8UIO8OUEd5OX7iGj7p1aQ50IFH4iLiMHxNkiP2jX3-VA3NK1Aczg==

I need a Vaal Buckler with 3% add, which will get me to 35%. Then 29% on tree. Then with Anvil and Tempest Shield, I get 78%. Or I can just do Anvil I guess.
"
K0rrupted wrote:
1.3 totally derped on my build lol.

Level 81 Oak/Oak/Kill Duelist I'm respeccing into this. Here's what I got:

I need a Vaal Buckler with 3% add, which will get me to 35%. Then 29% on tree. Then with Anvil and Tempest Shield, I get 78%. Or I can just do Anvil I guess.

This gets you another 2% attack speed and 10% damage for same points. This will give you 76 block with anvil and a 37 block rare shield, or temu. Slashing comeback is an option if you are into swords.

My 120 build will look something like this --

link

78% block, 66 spell block (rathpith, rainbows, anvil), 12 chaos res, 226 damage, 48 attack speed, 156% life and quite a bit of flat life.

Auras / buffs: TS, grace, hatred

I'd probably try to adapt that to a duelist start, if I were you. Can just take the 4 nodes off the start of the templar and put 'em on the start of the duelist. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 9, 2014, 7:48:46 PM
Today I updated the guide with the 1.3 120 point tree and stats, along with moving tempest shield from honorable mentions to the "auras/buffs I'm using" section, and a couple other minor edits. To do: progression builds (going to be tight, looks like there will be something useful to get all the way up to level 100), and linked sockets section, which I may merge into the skill gems section for less confusion.
build that stands the test of nerfs
it never stops, good job
So, it seems that 1.3 will nerf the base block chance of shields. It remains to be seen what the final values are, which will affect whether I can reasonably reach 75 block or not. I'm pretty sure it will be close at least, ~ 70.

The non-shield block uniques (BoR mostly, Anvil somewhat) are getting the nerf bat as well but I don't think that's a big deal for the build as shown in the guide as I've tried to not rely on these items thus far.

On the interesting / good news front, looks like we are getting a couple of new damage gems:

Reckoning: Perform a swift counter-attack against enemies in a cone shape when you block with your shield.

Riposte: Perform a deadly counter-attack when you block.

It remains to be seen if we should make room for one or both of these new gems or not. I don't think the answer will come right away, but over the next few days/weeks.

I've been tweaking the guide today at least as much as I can with the lack of detailed information available at this time about the above. I'm going to work on the progression builds now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info