[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
wilroz wrote:

But seriously, judging by the newly teased changes to the templar starting area: things might get rough.

I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm fairly confident it will work out. :)
Personal note, just leveled so I picked up Finesse and gained 954 DPS. Hard to beat that for one point, at least with a physical RT build. :)
The 1.3 data for the new skill tree is available in the tools, so I'm starting to look at it. I spent around 5 minutes so far. Despite everyone prematurely declaring block to be dead, I'll have no trouble maxing block with the new tree. No problem. Just a heads up. I'll work on it more to have a good build available by patch day.
Sounds great Sovyn, I'm sure you'll come up with another optimized build as you always did :)

Yeah, they are quick to jump to conclusions and declare block builds dead, just like they did with Life based builds for 1.2.0. Turned out Life builds mostly got buffed, so I'm fairly sure block builds still have a future too.

However, I still wonder if Sovyn is actually considering if one of the other classes may be better suited for a max block build with the 1.3.0 tree?
Last edited by Stefacle on Dec 4, 2014, 7:16:49 AM
"
Stefacle wrote:

However, I still wonder if Sovyn is actually considering if one of the other classes may be better suited for a max block build with the 1.3.0 tree?

I'll try to look at it with an open mind, but I have a high level Templar I'll be using this build for in 1.3. :)
Hi fellow Lazy Pallys, I took a stab at the 1.3 online skill tree using my level 94 max-block, aegis-and-soul taker templar as the base and came up with http://goo.gl/49MWdy. The aim was to path as efficiently as possible to the block nodes.

Lost about 5% physical block (down to 70%) and a bit more spell block lost since I couldn't reach Mind Barrier. Lost quite a bit of intel too, so that means I'd have to drop concentrated effort unless I can get some intell on my gear.

The trade-off is that overall damage seems to have increased by some. I did this on the fly but it seems to me 33% is the max general block a build starting from the templar side can get. The next (and last it'd appear) general block cluster, Deflection, is quite some ways in the Shadow area.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Dec 5, 2014, 8:32:41 AM
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Hi fellow Lazy Pallys, I took a stab at the 1.3 online skill tree using my level 94 max-block, aegis-and-soul taker templar as the base and came up with http://goo.gl/Tavq2F. The aim was to path as efficiently as possible to the block nodes.

Lost about 5% physical block (down to 70%) and a bit more spell block lost since I couldn't reach Mind Barrier. Lost quite a bit of intel too, so that means I'd have to drop concentrated effort unless I can get some intell on my gear.

The trade-off is that overall damage seems to have increased by some. I did this on the fly but it seems to me 33% is the max general block a build starting from the templar side can get. The next (and last it'd appear) general block cluster, Deflection, is quite some ways in the Shadow area.

You're sacrificing too many good nodes around including life just to get that spread out block everywhere. I think you should let go the idea of having capped block.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 5, 2014, 8:32:27 AM
"
hellzer wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:
Hi fellow Lazy Pallys, I took a stab at the 1.3 online skill tree using my level 94 max-block, aegis-and-soul taker templar as the base and came up with http://goo.gl/49MWdy. The aim was to path as efficiently as possible to the block nodes.

You're sacrificing too many good nodes around including life just to get that spread out block everywhere. I think you should let go the idea of having capped block.

Yeah. I'll use the points and see how it goes but you're probably right. Maybe some of the new gems/mechanics will help compensate the lack of block.
You will need some modifiers to make the new counter-attack gems work well. It was said the gem alone won't make your defense pop to the sky.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
Quixote77 wrote:

Still i would say that Ondars is a must =/
link 5 min build but f**** it is a mess and NO INT =/

PS: sorry for my bad english
PSS: good to see that this build is still alive after a year =)
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).
Last edited by Borislav on Dec 5, 2014, 12:06:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info