Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I'm fine with 'creatve'. I 'created' my current claw, after all. How much do you think a craftable one would go for? I have a small stockpile of junky uniques and rares I could probably pawn for a few exalts to get me started...
"
Zata700 wrote:
I'm fine with 'creatve'. I 'created' my current claw, after all. How much do you think a craftable one would go for? I have a small stockpile of junky uniques and rares I could probably pawn for a few exalts to get me started...

15-20 ex maybe for something you could craft into 350 pdps, assuming they don't know what they have. 350 pdps is rare and hard to get. 290 is fine though, so you are in good shape. Should be able to hit 20k dps once your gems are leveled and quality.
Here are the long awaited numbers and conclusion on herald of ash.

I respec'd out of Sovereignty and put the 4 points in damage nodes instead (50% melee physical):

before.....
dps base 16,654
dps with hatred 23,484
dps with hatred + HoA 25,979

after respec - strong arm
dps base 18,546
dps with hatred 25,407

I know we all like to aim for the highest absolute number, but the share of physical damage vs. elemental is much better on the strong arm version plus I am all set to grab Finesse (8% attack speed) next level which will add a lot more damage than anything I could have gotten with one point before.

my current tree as of today

So, in conclusion, the guide build is still best.
Got another question: why do you use melee damage on full life over added fire damage? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but even with max block, at least 33% evasion, and an energy shield my HP rarely stays at full. Wouldn't the constant fire damage be better, since resisted is better than zero? Or is the elemental reflect too much to worry about?
"
Zata700 wrote:
Got another question: why do you use melee damage on full life over added fire damage? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but even with max block, at least 33% evasion, and an energy shield my HP rarely stays at full. Wouldn't the constant fire damage be better, since resisted is better than zero? Or is the elemental reflect too much to worry about?

The elemental reflect is not a problem. Added fire is fine, and I do use it in phys reflect/ground aoe maps, it does less damage though at peak. Often in non-phys reflect/ground aoe maps I do stay at full / a little es left until a given pack is dead. Obviously not up 100% of the time. Comes down to your choice, the 6L choices are listed.
Looks like the Templar starting area is getting major changes in 1.3. Chris posted a redacted screenshot here. I'll be working on the best choices for the lazy pally as soon as the new tree is available for the tools authors, whenever that might be (sometime next month I hear).
What level should I switch to reave?
"
domelious wrote:
What level should I switch to reave?

Hi domelious! Probably around act 3 cruel. Start leveling it from level 1 though, ideally. A cheap 5-link chest is affordable around this time as well.
Here lies The Lazy Pally.

Brutally beaten to death by the 1.3.0 monster.

You inspired and shaped me as a newborn exile. My father read your incredible well composed guide to me each night.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, judging by the newly teased changes to the templar starting area: things might get rough.
"
wilroz wrote:
Here lies The Lazy Pally.

Brutally beaten to death by the 1.3.0 monster.

You inspired and shaped me as a newborn exile. My father read your incredible well composed guide to me each night.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, judging by the newly teased changes to the templar starting area: things might get rough.

There will be major changes to the Templar start area, that's for sure. Only time will tell if it will be for better worse.

Another question will be if Templar will still be the optimal choice for this block build.

Will be interesting to see :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info