[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Stefacle wrote:
Looking good Sovyn, great job when they said block builds are dead :)

Also interesting to see that Scion is now an alternative to Templar!

Always was my friend :)

Well, since they introduced the scion at least!

I added a FAQ entry about that a couple days ago figuring people would like different appearance choices.

I'm happy with the old man. :)
Sovyn,

tnx for the tweaking after they tried to kill the max block exiles.
Simple question: Why are you foregoing the spell block nodes?

DoUrden
"
Nashezbaernon wrote:
Sovyn,

tnx for the tweaking after they tried to kill the max block exiles.
Simple question: Why are you foregoing the spell block nodes?

DoUrden

Hi DoUrden. :) Too much travel for 7% spell block. It was 10% in 1.2 and that was somewhat worth it as we could pick up AOE damage and life over there too, but with the rest of the block nodes being more spread out now, it's just not worth it to travel to the witch now.
Folks, before you haul off and spec my whole build, I'm thinking of changing it a little bit.

More info later today.

OK to start if you are in a new league though, this would affect more the level 60+ tree or something.

The general idea I had would help make this a cheaper build, which is always a good thing in my book.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Razorwind wrote:
Will it be viable to use Reckoning and Vengeance as damage dealers with this build?

That's what I'm looking for feedback on. :)

The problem is that evasion is actually BAD, you would want to get hit or block at least.

This is what I foresee:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwSb7K9siuRo8ny7xYokiwY58wb7qlFgxPY9D3zZ9zJyqXfjPC2uPmeb5FFQR-8OXz8UIBo-fuLp1Xk5xq7-Crc-2L01ksGCL8yE2QHcvop4DalutfJNRmLshO907XrvBS1gS14TrK8M96mVwL9AoDJOG5ePmQSHKaVOKrZBQzEbyG6qSsi-vILkkBGKr7M_4iwJM9E2FSAqTT8nG61I7niu037vevajr6cs6T3i18s62Ow4GjiQVScv8B-iAHy4KS59df66HKdTpQxf-ehBh3wOp1VboL02R36_1VO7

But I imagine a regen + armor approach will work much better?

I can imagine stuffing the two counter gems into a 5L, with added aoe for clearing/conc for bosses(hot swap), maybe life on hit, added fire?

CODT can be set higher to lvl 10 with strong HP base.

Vaal cyc will be handy, i am also thinking discharge?

Is this anywhere near to your new revised build?
I've incorporated Reckoning and Vengeance in a 4L together with Melee Physical Damage and Added Fire. My passives follow closely Sovyn's latest tree (thanks for updating it, Sovyn). Only difference is that I didn't take Ondar's and took some axe nodes instead of buff ones.

Sitting at 72% block, Reckoning procs quite often, shelling out decent damage even at lower levels. Vengeance doesn't proc as often, not surprisingly, so I might swap it out for another support gem to buff Reckoning.
Hello Sovyn ;]
I got important question for me ;] this build will work on new HC Bloodline league?? You test it?? i wanna try but do not know i survive |:P:P:P waiting for response ;];]
"
Kangurr wrote:
Hello Sovyn ;]
I got important question for me ;] this build will work on new HC Bloodline league?? You test it?? i wanna try but do not know i survive |:P:P:P waiting for response ;];]

The build will do fine if you are very experienced playing PoE hardcore mode. This goes for any build you might inquire about. :)
All right guys, long day at this. - Updated the guide again for 1.3 and my current gear section (screenshots of stats coming tomorrow).

75 block (max) and 56 spell block with cheap gear.

DPS is higher too - I'm at 27,500 ish with added fire

33,500 ish with melee damage on full life, which is surprisingly up most of the time even with low ES, due to higher life regen and leech than ever before, but leaning toward added fire for consistency in ground effect maps, etc.

Not bad for a max block melee tank.

Probably will work on adding blood rage tomorrow if I can get my rainbowstrides with the right socket colors. Adds a bit more damage (1,500 or so) and is always up if one keeps the pace going. Will update the guide again if that works out.
Nice going Sovyn! Havent done any moves yet on my Temp cause waiting Your input in this. Have a nice one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info