[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Been playing this build for awhile now, I have this gear and I'm lvl 84.

Really trying to find new belt/rings, but so far everything seems to be working fine, I haven't really come across any maps that I have had any problems with. I bought the Bringer of Rain, but I actually had the Soul Taker drop for me during a map.
"

Really trying to find new belt/rings, but so far everything seems to be working fine, I haven't really come across any maps that I have had any problems with. I bought the Bringer of Rain, but I actually had the Soul Taker drop for me during a map.

Hi Ryvenius, glad you are going well with the build. Pretty nice gear, even the belt, although that could be better. :D Don't forget to quality your multistrike and added fire, probably with the recipe.
Is anyone here geared with magic find gear and normal gear?

Belt, shoes, gloves were drops. Just on Saturday, I had 3 unique boot drops but they were mostly IIR/IIQ stuff. The ring/amulet were all bought really cheap for like alchs and stuff. I seem to be doing pretty well farming Piety, and the only change I made was adding Purity of Lightning to ensure my survival against her.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Is anyone here geared with magic find gear and normal gear?

Some people have, yes. I recall user Mildlyclever was really into MF gear with this build. I myself used Aurseize for quite some time.

I believe a couple of users have used these:

Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 29, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
Would it be possible to run Tempest Shield 3-Linked with Reduced Mana and something like Blind or Iron Will? You would lose the space for your movement ability, but if you really needed it you could run a secondary weapon setup.

With both Reduced Mana gems being 20/20, the 145% mana reservation would be reduced by 61% (which would put it at 88% mana reserved) without any mana reserve nodes. Ideally, you should have enough damage at the level required to sustain your mana (without Soul Taker).

I've seen a few people mention Tempest Shield before, but I don't recall them running it alongside both auras.
Last edited by AlexFaux on Jan 29, 2014, 10:39:15 PM
"
Would it be possible to run Tempest Shield 3-Linked with Reduced Mana and something like Blind or Iron Will? You would lose the space for your movement ability, but if you really needed it you could run a secondary weapon setup.

With both Reduced Mana gems being 20/20, the 145% mana reservation would be reduced by 61% (which would put it at 88% mana reserved) without any mana reserve nodes. Ideally, you should have enough damage at the level required to sustain your mana (without Soul Taker).

I've seen a few people mention Tempest Shield before, but I don't recall them running it alongside both auras.

There's really no point to tempest because of the high evasion we get with this build. Even without tempest shield, and keep in mind I'm just using a shield with like +2% block, I'm already at 70% blocking, level 75. Blind doesn't proc enough to justify using it liked with Tempest, and I'm not sure how much more real damage you get out of Tempest if you don't even need to block most of the time due to evasion.
"

It's possible, but you have to take 4 nodes away from something else to get the 16% reduced reservation (Sovereignty). For all that, you get 5% chance to blind and very negligible extra damage. So not worth it. :)

PS Your math was incorrect I'm afraid, reduced mana quality does not work with auras, thus you need nodes on the tree. Also, you can only use one reduced mana gem, they don't stack. I think you get that last point already, but just thought I'd mention it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Hi Ryvenius, glad you are going well with the build. Pretty nice gear, even the belt, although that could be better. :D Don't forget to quality your multistrike and added fire, probably with the recipe.

I plan to, just need to trade for some more GCP. Thanks for the response anyway, and thanks for posting the build, it's been really fun over all.
"

I plan to, just need to trade for some more GCP. Thanks for the response anyway, and thanks for posting the build, it's been really fun over all.

You're welcome. :) One other way to get 20 quality gems is to level them to 20 then trade to a vendor along with one GCP. You get a 20 quality level 1 gem in return. Then you have to level it up again, but you save 19 GCP and the gems will be level 15 before you know it. You probably already know this, but I'm posting just in case someone else may not. :)
This dropped for me today:

Might try it out on this guy.

I just got into merciless. Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

And here are my current defense stats:
Spoiler

What should I work on? How can I hit that 40% chance to evade?
Last edited by Radagastt on Jan 31, 2014, 3:05:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info