[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
Hey, I've got another set of questions for you guys!

It's kind of a two part question.
1. Should we be going for any es? I was thinking of getting some armor/es pieces and working toward buying aegis, but I don't see a lot of mention about it around here.
2. Should we shoot for gear that is ar/ev, or some pieces pure armor some pure evasion? I never really know what pieces should be what on any build..

1) No ES. The build would have to take ES nodes, and we don't. The good ES gear (250+ boots/gloves/helm, 400+ chest) is much rarer than life/armour/evasion gear. ES does not regen during combat unless you spend a ton of points getting a keystone across the tree (Ghost Reaver -- not worth it at all for us). The other thing would be Aegis Aurora combined with a modest ES pool as mentioned by the prior poster, but this build was created to be accessible to all, not reliant on a rare unique of any kind.

2) I recommend a high evasion shield and armour/life gear everywhere else. If you are a trader, you can target this combination directly. You can get by with anything in the other slots besides the shield, as long as it has the life and resists you need. Typically you will find a mix of armour/evasion and straight armour gear fits the bill, if you are self found. The only exception may be Bringer of Rain as it has quite a bit of evasion on it and some extra blocking which enables more shield choices (lower block and maybe non-evasion shields). But you can gear out pretty well without BoR as mentioned above for a lot less than the 5-10ex that BoR costs.

Thanks for clearing that up! Especially the part about the ES. From now on, I'll leave it alone altogether.

I really need a new shield as I've been using the one I have since about lvl 30 and I've got a post going in the WTB section for a Lazhwar right now. For the most part, things have been going great with this char since I came back and started following your build and I was really discouraged with my Temp before! You're awesome, thanks a lot!
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:22:47 AM
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
For the most part, things have been going great with this char since I came back and started following your build and I was really discouraged with my Temp before! You're awesome, thanks a lot!

Glad to hear it! You're welcome. :D
Now I would say that these are better results, I will be getting a Vaal Buckler when I find one to max out my block and I have 31% avasion with Grace? isnt that how I get my max evade? and Yes I am pretty solid now but I do have 6k dps but obviously I need better gear to achieve higher? because I mean my gear isnt too great I guess xD

LINK : http://imgur.com/q3grFRB&i3VL7Eh

one thing I want to know is how am i supposed to be able to use 2 auras with while running mana leech using the Slither pinch Bronze scale Gauntlets? with 100 mana left over after using determination too I just cant do it. Or running hatred for the DPS for that matter. I am guessing 6k dps is solid and now its just gear? :)

EDIT : I noticed i only got 65% fire resi, I will be buying a ring with fire resi and some phyical damage to max that out dont worry guiz :D plus my endurance charges have me covered for now.
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 7, 2013, 2:51:54 PM
Hi, i am sorry if this is already addressed, I have one question. It is heavily implied that one doesn't really need an aoe skill, but I found that ground slam (my aoe skill) clears through packs much faster than heavy strike (my single target skill). Ist because I am low lvl yet (lvl 33, and obviously a new player)? I wonder how you clear waves of monster fast with just a single-target skill, especially since melee splash isn't suggested.
"
siontheman wrote:
Now I would say that these are better results, I will be getting a Vaal Buckler when I find one to max out my block and I have 31% avasion with Grace? isnt that how I get my max evade? and Yes I am pretty solid now but I do have 6k dps but obviously I need better gear to achieve higher? because I mean my gear isnt too great I guess xD

one thing I want to know is how am i supposed to be able to use 2 auras with while running mana leech using the Slither pinch Bronze scale Gauntlets? with 100 mana left over after using determination too I just cant do it. Or running hatred for the DPS for that matter. I am guessing 6k dps is solid and now its just gear? :)

EDIT : I noticed i only got 65% fire resi, I will be buying a ring with fire resi and some phyical damage to max that out dont worry guiz :D plus my endurance charges have me covered for now.

Yes, it's looking better. When you get a high evasion shield with high block (38% is ideal, but 37% will do) you will be in good shape.

6K DPS is fine, and will get better if you stick with it and gather some wealth.

I run grace and determination no problem and have only 57 mana left. My 2% mana leech keeps me in enough mana to be able to able to chain the skill and never have a bum swing. I use heavy strike + multistrike + faster attacks + melee physical damage. Adding splash would probably break the budget unless I am surrounded by mobs then it would work. Not good for single targets though. My current combo works for both. You could use my combo and just add blind (uses no additional mana), which works great with evasion. Assuming you can't sustain with added fire damage or melee damage on full life or the like, blind is a good choice.
"
Hi, i am sorry if this is already addressed, I have one question. It is heavily implied that one doesn't really need an aoe skill, but I found that ground slam (my aoe skill) clears through packs much faster than heavy strike (my single target skill). Ist because I am low lvl yet (lvl 33, and obviously a new player)? I wonder how you clear waves of monster fast with just a single-target skill, especially since melee splash isn't suggested.

Welcome, GermanosKaraflas! :)

Multistrike causes heavy strike to swing 3 times instead of once and alternate between nearby targets. Faster attacks makes this go like crazy. So an all-in-one AOE skill is not required in the end game. It probably is helpful while leveling up. I think I got by with Infernal Blow and some mana flasks back then. Ground slam is good but requires a mace, which will be harder to upgrade as you level up.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:

Yes, it's looking better. When you get a high evasion shield with high block (38% is ideal, but 37% will do) you will be in good shape.

6K DPS is fine, and will get better if you stick with it and gather some wealth.

I run grace and determination no problem and have only 57 mana left. My 2% mana leech keeps me in enough mana to be able to able to chain the skill and never have a bum swing. I use heavy strike + multistrike + faster attacks + melee physical damage. Adding splash would probably break the budget unless I am surrounded by mobs then it would work. Not good for single targets though. My current combo works for both. You could use my combo and just add blind (uses no additional mana), which works great with evasion. Assuming you can't sustain with added fire damage or melee damage on full life or the like, blind is a good choice.

Yeah, if i try to use any other gem I don't get enough mana back, And yeah I have 60 mana so nearly the same as yours I can run 2 auras but only if I use the same links as you but I run 6.4k DPS So I am ok, Just gunna save for a ring with fire, phyical dmg and maybe more mana leech or high mana/intel increase :D I think that should work. And yes I am TRYING to find a Vaal Buckler but he just will not drop LOL.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Saviourself wrote:

And lastly, finally had some luck!

Nice belt! If it had 200+ armour too, it would be amazing.

The Anvil is great in my testing but I do not care for crawling around. :) Not too bad with 30% run speed boots though, especially with regular use of shield charge/leap slam. Well, I don't like the slower swing speed either, but it's good stats are very nice. We do lose quite a lot of spell block by choosing The Anvil over Lazhwar however. I think I'll stick with Lazhwar. :) Good option though, if one has it.

Yeah, it's not the perfect belt type (would have preferred +phs dmg) but in the meantime, I've shed the extra resist rings for a pair of amethyst ones with some chaos resist that I've been wanting to run for a while...

I picked up Laz a while back for one alc (score!) so it definitely get's some time on the front line.

edit: the second ring makes infernal blow freaking awesome (pulled 3 endurance stone golems on to the twin banner bosses in arcade on low health, popped all 3 and it all but one shot the bosses... =). Mana is the big issue as I'm still trying to secure a multistrike /sadface, so blood magic stays in place for the time being.
Last edited by Saviourself on Nov 7, 2013, 4:51:07 PM
"
siontheman wrote:

And yes I am TRYING to find a Vaal Buckler but he just will not drop LOL.

They drop somewhat often in 67 maps, but forget trying to find a decent rare one as a drop -- have to craft it if self found or just buy one ready to go. Corrugated Buckler works too if the evasion roll is OK (400 is good).

I see there are 6 bucklers for sale on standard and 3 for sale on Domination that meet my critera. Some have low evasion, some have life, maybe 1 or 2 are pretty nice.

Or you can roll a high item level white vaal buckler with chaos or alch/scour until you land at least 5% block affix (6% is ideal). This can get expensive, but not bad if you are lucky at all. Cheaper would be alterations, see my shield as an example:

Ignore the blind gem, I'm just leveling it.

Believe it or not, this is an excellent shield when wielded by a lazy pally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info