[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:

Aha! I understand Sovyn wel but I like my armour build .......
LINK : http://imgur.com/NVBeXrj&ny1DOm9&AlP22VC&UTB1r9h#0

Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to slide through the 4 images (To anyone who want to see the stats and never used Imgur before! Also there are buttons at the top left ;) )

OK my friend, but there is no way I would trade my 42% physical damage reduction and 40% chance to evade and 80% chance to evade projectiles for a bit more armour. I know a lot of users of the build have a lot more armour than I do and still maintain their evade too. Besides, even I reach 65%+ damage reduction a lot of the time in areas where there is any risk (molten shell on level one trigger gem).

Also, 59% block and 7% spell block at level 81? I'm sorry to say it, but you are gimping yourself there. :) Even if you disregard the armour vs. evade argument, you need to fix the blocking IMHO.

Yeah I figured mate, I dont have a big clue what im doing and not sure what to do from here mehh.. darn... maybe PoE is just too complex for me.. :/

I may reroll this time and just totally follow the guide, Do you think its a good idea?

Well I could start using The stone Lazhwar lapis amulet, which I have which is what I notice you got. I will loose DPS but maybe It would be a better option to do so? hmm I dont know man
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 6, 2013, 5:20:58 PM
i think this question as been asked many time but :

Why dont use vaal pack for give some dps/resit/assist flask ?

thanks again !
First off, I think it was 'luckyduck' or something similar, PM me on the forums and tell me which axe you want. If you're not on at night, I'll be online Sat during the day.

re: trading, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread in to a lazy pally bazaar, but when you focus on a certain build for a while, you tend to accumulate gear that is good for that build, particularly stuff you retire when you upgrade that might be useful for up and comers.

"
Styrkor wrote:

thanks again !

Imo because life gain can be spiky, and a quick reaction flask (seething/bubbling iirc) is great when you get that one big hit that might interrupt your draining setting you up for a killing blow.

What I found when I was running a 2H pally that concentrated on AOE damage and life gain to stay alive was all you needed was one bad stun after a big hit which interrupted your drain flow and that was it, you dropped like a rock.

This build trades off the massive DPS (unless you're super geared like Hiero ;) of some of the glass cannon builds with massive survivability combined with very good DPS. In short, you shouldn't end up with situations like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BegOS31MiN0

You see at the end, the guy takes one step in to the room and instantly dies. He doesn't have avoidance (evasion/block), he doesn't have much mitigation (armour, molten shell/endurance/cry etc on trigger) and he doesn't have mobility (shield charge, leap slam).

In that situation, my personal preference is to be able to know when I can dump in extra life as opposed to relying on life drain.

And lastly, finally had some luck!

The belt smacks of GG, and the map looks like it'll be fun (edit: nm, there it is in the blue stats). The ammy is amazing apart from the severe nerf to runspeed. I need to find a way to shed a lot of cold/lightning resist because I estimate that in total I'm about 90% more cold and 60% more lightning resist than I need, but I don't really have a better option for those slots currently. =)
Last edited by Saviourself on Nov 6, 2013, 7:45:48 PM
Hey, I've got another set of questions for you guys!

It's kind of a two part question.
1. Should we be going for any es? I was thinking of getting some armor/es pieces and working toward buying aegis, but I don't see a lot of mention about it around here.
2. Should we shoot for gear that is ar/ev, or some pieces pure armor some pure evasion? I never really know what pieces should be what on any build..
"
siontheman wrote:

Yeah I figured mate, I dont have a big clue what im doing and not sure what to do from here mehh.. darn... maybe PoE is just too complex for me.. :/

I may reroll this time and just totally follow the guide, Do you think its a good idea?

Well I could start using The stone Lazhwar lapis amulet, which I have which is what I notice you got. I will loose DPS but maybe It would be a better option to do so? hmm I dont know man

A few regrets will fix you up -- you get 18 free respec points from the quests which would be plenty I'm sure. I would not re-roll. I'd suggest following the level 80 build in the guide, but if you have to change it slightly, just be sure to maintain 75% block.

Yes, I recommend Lazhwar, will help a lot in docks, most maps, Piety, Dominus, etc.
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:24:42 AM
I know I would rather build armor/ es, but I don't foresee myself being rich or having the patience to get to uber high level anytime soon lol
"
Styrkor wrote:

thanks again !

I find it very handy to have an instant flask to pound in an emergency. Saves my bacon. And my 2% life leech is already doing a good job of keeping me topped up vs. small hits (~500). I also don't like the idea of having to go into a fresh pack of monsters at half life, which would be a reality with Vaal Pact in the mid levels. So there is no real advantage to going for Vaal Pact.

As to flasks, lately I am finding I could get away with 2 life flasks. But, certain encounters may require more (merciless Dominus). I guess I don't really want to get into managing different flask types, part of the lazy nature of the build. Feel free though, once your gear is good enough where pretty much nothing hurts you, then you will be all set to play around with stuff like that.
"
Saviourself wrote:

And lastly, finally had some luck!

Nice belt! If it had 200+ armour too, it would be amazing.

The Anvil is great in my testing but I do not care for crawling around. :) Not too bad with 30% run speed boots though, especially with regular use of shield charge/leap slam. Well, I don't like the slower swing speed either, but it's good stats are very nice. We do lose quite a lot of spell block by choosing The Anvil over Lazhwar however. I think I'll stick with Lazhwar. :) Good option though, if one has it.
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
Hey, I've got another set of questions for you guys!

It's kind of a two part question.
1. Should we be going for any es? I was thinking of getting some armor/es pieces and working toward buying aegis, but I don't see a lot of mention about it around here.
2. Should we shoot for gear that is ar/ev, or some pieces pure armor some pure evasion? I never really know what pieces should be what on any build..

1) No ES. The build would have to take ES nodes, and we don't. The good ES gear (250+ boots/gloves/helm, 400+ chest) is much rarer than life/armour/evasion gear. ES does not regen during combat unless you spend a ton of points getting a keystone across the tree (Ghost Reaver -- not worth it at all for us). The other thing would be Aegis Aurora combined with a modest ES pool as mentioned by the prior poster, but this build was created to be accessible to all, not reliant on a rare unique of any kind.

2) I recommend a high evasion shield and armour/life gear everywhere else. If you are a trader, you can target this combination directly. You can get by with anything in the other slots besides the shield, as long as it has the life and resists you need. Typically you will find a mix of armour/evasion and straight armour gear fits the bill, if you are self found. The only exception may be Bringer of Rain as it has quite a bit of evasion on it and some extra blocking which enables more shield choices (lower block and maybe non-evasion shields). But you can gear out pretty well without BoR as mentioned above for a lot less than the 5-10ex that BoR costs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info