[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
zxwc wrote:
Thank you very much!This seems rather hard,the bringer of rain,soul taker and 1-handed waepon with 400+dps,are all too expensive for me.

I understand! Me too, although I'm self found anyway.

Maybe you can start with gloves, belt and ring, perhaps amulet, looking for the essentials plus a damage mod or two on each piece.

I forgot to mention the new 1.0.0 1-handed unique axe, Dyadus, another choice for the seriously wealthy to pimp out this build. Nice DPS though.

Edit, I don't think a 1-handed weapon just under 300 dps would cost *that* much, and it would be a noticeable upgrade.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 30, 2013, 2:20:10 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
zxwc wrote:
Thank you very much!This seems rather hard,the bringer of rain,soul taker and 1-handed waepon with 400+dps,are all too expensive for me.

I understand! Me too, although I'm self found anyway.

Maybe you can start with gloves, belt and ring, perhaps amulet, looking for the essentials plus a damage mod or two on each piece.

I forgot to mention the new 1.0.0 1-handed unique axe, Dyadus, another choice for the seriously wealthy to pimp out this build. Nice DPS though.

Edit, I don't think a 1-handed weapon just under 300 dps would cost *that* much, and it would be a noticeable upgrade.

Dyadus basiclly offer elemental damage,is this suitable for the build?We don't have x% increased elemental damage node in your build.
IGN:NUCKY_RANGER
Hello Sovyn,I'm thinking of relace melee splash with added fire damage,maybe that can do a lot to increase DPS.
Last edited by zxwc on Oct 30, 2013, 4:44:23 AM
Dyadus is like any other high dps rare because we can't utilize its features like an ele cleave build would. I'd even argue that a pure physical rare is better because a lot of our leech depends on physical damage, but Dyadus does mostly elemental damage. If you happen to get a Dyadus to drop, sell it and/or trade it for a Soul Taker.

But to theorycraft, you want 2 Dyaduses (Dyadii?), and an attack that alternates between main and off hand. Then spec into Elemental Equilibrium. Heavy Strike and Reave are skills that alternate:
"
Dual Wielding: Dual wielders can use Heavy Strike as long as one of their weapons is an axe or mace. If only one weapon is an axe or mace, only that weapon will be used to attack. If both weapons are axes and/or maces, the attack will alternate between weapons.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 30, 2013, 4:53:21 AM
"
zxwc wrote:
....But my dps is only around 3700...

i would change the rings, try to find +physical damage. as in 8-15physical damage. if they have +attack speed also, well problem solved. Now it can be hard to switch both rings to damage, atleast for myself the ring are a key for resists.

I would probably change the belt first and use it as a key resist+life item. having +100life and tripple resists might make it alot easier to change the rings to do more +damage. It is alot better for us to have +6-10physical damage then +1-50lightning damage. And the shield, it is great with its 40% block and life regen. But at your level its about time to change, and maybe switch shield depending on which map you are going up against.

Besides only gear upgrade, i would suggest play around a bit with the new trigger gems. Having them cast vulnerability when taken damage instead of molten shell and other defense gives you a nice dps buff. or have a movement attack that puts on curses that you start the fight with.

And for boss fights, remove melee splash and add another +damage gems
"
Can you explain to me what use we have for Facebreaker ?

With infernal blow+multistrike it is cheat-mode for us from level 19 until level 59 when its time to find a good siege axe. think i had around 3k dps at level 25 with a cheap facebreaker
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
zxwc wrote:
....But my dps is only around 3700...

i would change the rings, try to find +physical damage. as in 8-15physical damage. if they have +attack speed also, well problem solved. Now it can be hard to switch both rings to damage, atleast for myself the ring are a key for resists.

I would probably change the belt first and use it as a key resist+life item. having +100life and tripple resists might make it alot easier to change the rings to do more +damage. It is alot better for us to have +6-10physical damage then +1-50lightning damage. And the shield, it is great with its 40% block and life regen. But at your level its about time to change, and maybe switch shield depending on which map you are going up against.

Besides only gear upgrade, i would suggest play around a bit with the new trigger gems. Having them cast vulnerability when taken damage instead of molten shell and other defense gives you a nice dps buff. or have a movement attack that puts on curses that you start the fight with.

And for boss fights, remove melee splash and add another +damage gems

Thank you very much.
I picked up a red support gem named 'Reduced Duration'... I have no earthly idea how this is even desirable? Is it referring to some cool down skill I know nothing about?
"
Liquidated wrote:
I picked up a red support gem named 'Reduced Duration'... I have no earthly idea how this is even desirable? Is it referring to some cool down skill I know nothing about?

The best place to post about this support gem is in the Reduced Duration thread in the Support Gem forum.
Nemisis - Hardcore

running this build to the T currently lvl 63, it has kept me alive and gave me a VERY smooth playing experience to act 3 merciless without any issues (nothing has stood in my path it was smooth sailing!)! My gear is a bit dated I know... I've managed to save up 75-C from aggressive trading and pawnshopping ;)..

Anyway I'm looking for a revamp on gear, my goals are going to be #1 survivability #2 DPS can anyone offer some advice?

My current dps is 1100, with lightning strike. Thanks.

Last edited by banker247 on Oct 30, 2013, 2:31:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info