[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
If i ever found a 6L chest i would probably switch. But losing it's 15% block would force me to use some regrets and get more block nodes.

You won't find a 6-link chest, so you are safe.

But, if you did, I would still stay with BoR as you would lose your sixth support 'gem' on your attack skill, as BoR is a pseudo 7-link, as you know. :)

BoR's life is competitive with a top-end chest and helm combo as well.

The 25 physical damage would be hard to replace also.

Finally, you would lose whatever bonuses you were able to choose from the passive skill tree instead of the block nodes. Those have to be significant.

Blind is meh! for me atm, i play so safe so any boss fights atm, i dont notice if they get hit by blind before they are dead .-) Piety in lunaris 3 dies before she gets into a 2nd form and can start hit me, well not always sometimes she just runs away to fast.
But still i would probably keep on using BoR, until there is a new kickass helmet that combined with a 5L/6L armor is better. And having a +20% faster attacks and +20% melee physical damage gems instead will be better. (so still leveling those on my extra weapons)

I do miss 6 gems that could maybe be used for trigger combos, curse combos etc... but for a lazy lucky paladin. BoR is pure awesomeness. Cant really understand why they allow us to equip a chest item to train gems with, but hey...thanks for it.
Just for fun i did try a +1 curse ring, hmm crap ive mapped without max resists... oh well :-) thats what you get for playing when not paying attention.
testing flicker strike+curse on hit+curse
and cast when damage taken+dual curses
so far i cant say ive got any dual curses up

"
Hierokliff wrote:

Blind is meh! for me atm, i play so safe so any boss fights atm, i dont notice if they get hit by blind before they are dead .-)

That's great! However, in theory, blind could make the difference between getting hit occasionally and not at all. However, it's probably more useful for folks who do less damage than you do and so fights take longer.

It would be interesting to look into whether or not quality melee physical damage (+10% damage at 20% quality) and faster attacks (+10% speed at 20% quality) supports would be better than the 25 average damage on BoR. I know physical damage bonuses on items are surprisingly effective in terms of raising the final DPS score.

Sounds like you have been having some fun experimenting. :) Let us know if you find something cool.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Blind is meh! for me atm, i play so safe so any boss fights atm, i dont notice if they get hit by blind before they are dead .-)

That's great! However, in theory, blind could make the difference between getting hit occasionally and not at all. However, it's probably more useful for folks who do less damage than you do and so fights take longer.

It would be interesting to look into whether or not quality melee physical damage (+10% damage at 20% quality) and faster attacks (+10% speed at 20% quality) supports would be better than the 25 average damage on BoR. I know physical damage bonuses on items are surprisingly effective in terms of raising the final DPS score.

Sounds like you have been having some fun experimenting. :) Let us know if you find something cool.

Yeah blind will be great when i stop play so safe... :) running a map and get 1% exps is a bit boring.
A great chest armour and Abyssus would probably out dps BoR by far, but then missing 15% block, and would lose 140base life maybe so hmm.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abyssus
There are also other unique helmets that can be very useful.

Atm iam reducing my dps a bit to test dual curses, not using a good dps ring did drop my dps with almost 1k. Having 8-15physical damage on rings is neat... now they should just have +life, +resists, +%wed also...and lifeleech...
"
Hierokliff wrote:

A great chest armour and Abyssus would probably out dps BoR by far, but then missing 15% block, and would lose 140base life maybe so hmm.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abyssus

The trouble with that helmet is:

1) Lose a lot of evasion, possibly too much if you are using an armour based shield
2) Can't use the crit mod
3) Would take a lot more damage

I'd guess most people would go with a helmet with some item rarity, resists and life on it instead.
Can you explain to me what use we have for Facebreaker ?
"
Can you explain to me what use we have for Facebreaker ?

Facebreaker is useful for those who cannot find a great weapon. It will enable someone to clear through normal and cruel very quickly, particularly with the pre-patch Facebreaker. It is usable with a shield. Only a few attack skills work with it. Dominating Blow, Infernal Blow, Cyclone, Elemental Hit and Frenzy. Out of those, Infernal Blow, Cyclone, and maybe Frenzy would be viable choices early on.
Damn i just wasted 1 exalted orb for nothing then hah. I'm total noob @ this game lol because im level 65 and i thought i need those gloves.
Last edited by ZeroRelativity on Oct 29, 2013, 6:34:18 PM
Hello, i have a question about shields in this build. I felt that tower shields were the way togo, but apparently this build is telling me to go for bucklers. Is evasion better than armor on shields?
"
Damn i just wasted 1 exalted orb for nothing then hah. I'm total noob @ this game lol because im level 65 and i thought i need those gloves.

Well, give it a try, it might just outdamage your current weapon. :)
"
Muliken wrote:
Hello, i have a question about shields in this build. I felt that tower shields were the way togo, but apparently this build is telling me to go for bucklers. Is evasion better than armor on shields?

The problem with armour shields is that they have low blocking. It costs a few nodes to make it up on the tree, which can be spent on other things. Additionally, we need a good source of evasion, and, with the "increased Defences from equipped Shield" nodes that we get, it's enough with a high evasion shield. That way you can use all armour pieces in the other slots.

The exception is if you own The Bringer of Rain, as that has enough evasion on it if you get a good roll. A Lioneye's is a good fit with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info