[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

@tommigee - yes, it's always a fine balance between having enough mana and not. Casting 'spells' on top of the melee mana draw is just too much. That's why I have enfeeble on blood magic. Of course I use it only rarely, but still.

@seiferoth10 - some people using my build do have 50%+ armour while still having some evasion. I firmly believe in having some of each, not all one or the other. You are doing right, imho. Just don't neglect your life - even IR fiends require lots of that.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 10, 2013, 12:01:14 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
@tommigee - yes, it's always a fine balance between having enough mana and not. Casting 'spells' on top of the melee mana draw is just too much. That's why I have enfeeble on blood magic. Of course I use it only rarely, but still.

yes, I do the same. I have enfeeble and conductivity on blood magic.

I was actually able to cast molten shell from mana without problems, since it only cost about 70, and my regen combined with mana leech is pretty good.
however since I only have enough sockets left for one support gem, it simply doesn't deal enough damage to be useful/worth it in maps. the tooltip shows about 2100 with conc effect, and chance to ignite is nice but not super effective either. the only helpful thing is the armor boost...

for now I went back to leap slam before I find a better use for those 3 sockets :)

also, after leveling a bit more I was able to drop one of my rings that gave +attributes and use dream fragments for the freeze avoidance (first unique I ever found). the increased mana and regen is helpful as well.
I feel like it's a nice addition for a tanky/lazy character, even though I rarely got frozen before.
goes against the gear-independence though :)
"
tommigee wrote:
I was actually able to cast molten shell from mana without problems, since it only cost about 70, and my regen combined with mana leech is pretty good.
however since I only have enough sockets left for one support gem, it simply doesn't deal enough damage to be useful/worth it in maps. the tooltip shows about 2100 with conc effect, and chance to ignite is nice but not super effective either. the only helpful thing is the armor boost...

I was not able to keep up with molten shell from my mana along with heavy strike non-stop.

Other than that, I came to a similar conclusion based on my testing -- that it was not really worth it. Perhaps worth it on a specialized build with lots of fire related nodes, but not for us.

Thanks for the report!
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 10, 2013, 6:25:49 PM
'Rare' maps don't drop that often with my low IIR, so this was my first find today:

Looks doable!
nice! that looks awesome! please post an update when you've done it!

I actually had fun doing an arsenal map, despite it's bad reputation, and I think I found 2 new maps in it. I never found a rare map so far, not even a blue one...

however, I found a nice weapon upgrade and a cool ring in the last couple days :)

attack speed on the weapon is not the best, but I'm currently at 7500 dps with lightning strike.
"
tommigee wrote:
nice! that looks awesome! please post an update when you've done it!

I actually had fun doing an arsenal map, despite it's bad reputation, and I think I found 2 new maps in it. I never found a rare map so far, not even a blue one...

however, I found a nice weapon upgrade and a cool ring in the last couple days :)

attack speed on the weapon is not the best, but I'm currently at 7500 dps with lightning strike.

That's great LS DPS considering the sword is only 203 DPS. It is pretty nice though!

I like the ring. :)
yeah, considering that I'm a casual player by POE standards I'm happy with the finds :)
I'm hoping to get a high phys damage siege axe or a faster sword at some point.

I'm curious, would you consider regaling this map? I'm struggling with keeping my map pool even for 66-68 maps, haven't gotten higher yet. I only have 3 regals and wanted to keep them for 69+ maps, but the roll is pretty good for this one:

(sorry if it's off topic)
GDI!

First death, TO DESYNC, at level 47, first entry into Docks Cruel.
Got swarmed by a bunch of archers and two rares.

Gear:
Spoiler

I been using Double Strike as my main attack.
I am really liking Shield Charge with Melee Splash. I think I am going to link it with a Stun or maybe a Blind gem too.
Right now I am only using Clarity but I am leveling a bunch of Auras.
Also leveling many other attack gems, including a Reave, since I'm not sure I like Dual Strike.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
"
Paion wrote:

First death, TO DESYNC, at level 47, first entry into Docks Cruel.
Got swarmed by a bunch of archers and two rares.

desync is pretty annoying, I guess a big advantage of a block build is that you're more likely to survive cause you don't get hit as much.
I struggled in docks cruel as well, especially with the ice archers and the fire dogs. now with max block and high spell block, I can pretty much stand in merciless docks and get swarmed by dogs, skeles and archers, and face-tank them pretty well. when I attack and they get blinded it works even better...

I agree that shield charge is pretty cool, I'd like to know how it scales towards endgame.
"
Sovyn wrote:
'Rare' maps don't drop that often with my low IIR, so this was my first find today:

Looks doable!

no even with high IIR you wont see a LOT more of rare maps (i got 2 so far and i have 97% iir and 46 iiq, that is not a lot but best i can get with BoR), and it will be easy for you, but slow because of phys rez

"
tommigee wrote:
yeah, considering that I'm a casual player by POE standards I'm happy with the finds :)
I'm hoping to get a high phys damage siege axe or a faster sword at some point.

I'm curious, would you consider regaling this map? I'm struggling with keeping my map pool even for 66-68 maps, haven't gotten higher yet. I only have 3 regals and wanted to keep them for 69+ maps, but the roll is pretty good for this one:

(sorry if it's off topic)

better not, keep regals for 71+
and best rolls for maps are "maze" and +rare mobs or + magic mobs

here is a ok roll for map

it would be godly if it had +rare mobs or even 2 bosses

And for lulz i got this as a white item

so you can get 6l as a drop but if you get lucky. (it dropped from a mob before the boss)
I was running Temple map +110% IIQ and 20 %iir
got my ass handed to me by the boss, kill her at 4th attempt.

PS sorry for my bad english
PSS fu.., it takes forever to write in here using google translate for some words, have to write more to practice.
ign Bester, Godlymen, boomwiz, in game from 10pm till 1am most of the time (GMT).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info