[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thank you for this Guide.
This is my first melee char in POE that i really enjoy !

Found an 5L Chest, after 12 Chaos i got this result :

Should i reroll for more life or take the 2 high resistances ?

Hey there, reporting in. I'm enjoyin my dominating blow build and did alot of public runs on the unique maps I found on along the way. But oh boy, lo'n'behold. The Bringer of Rain had dropped from the heavens and rested on my Templar's head (It dropped in a unique crypt map). With 4 RRRR sockets, it works perfect with Infernal blow and Domination builds.

Spoiler

Stst breakdown for each skillsets i used.

Spoiler
Infernal blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + weapon elemental damage

This is a great setup to clear mobs, I was able to clear lunaris mobs to piety <6 mins tops.

Infernal blow + Multistrike + Added fire damage + Weapon elemental damage

Another great setup just for boss fights, Kole and many map bosses (without elemental resist modifiers) goes down pretty fast.

Dominating blow + Multistrike + Increased duration + Melee splash

Minions last up to 70 ~ seconds, planning to upgrade the duration support gem. It's an amazing skilset when you come against with crazy map mods. I sacrifice my personal dps for the minions I coverted, with enough up to 50x at a time, I let them run the show w/o running the risk reflecting myself to death. I personally recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to have a hold of a soultaker and a 5 link chest piece when you accumulated enough wealth.

Heavy strike + Multistrike + Melee splash + Melee dmg full life

I dont use the setup as much or at all. I dislike chasing my enemies haha.
Last edited by Molochmane on Sep 13, 2013, 5:43:40 AM
"
Maggsi wrote:

Found an 5L Chest, after 12 Chaos i got this result :

Should i reroll for more life or take the 2 high resistances ?

Don't reroll, I'd rock that chest until you move into a Bringer.

"
Molochmane wrote:
Hey there, reporting in. I'm enjoyin my dominating blow build and did alot of public runs on the unique maps I found on along the way. But oh boy, lo'n'behold. The Bringer of Rain had dropped from the heavens and rested on my Templar's head. With 4 RRRR sockets, it works perfect with Infernal blow and Domination builds.

Spoiler

Stst breakdown for each skillsets i used.

Spoiler
Infernal blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + weapon elemental damage

This is a great setup to clear mobs, I was able to clear lunaris mobs to piety <6 mins tops.

Infernal blow + Multistrike + Added fire damage + Weapon elemental damage

Another great setup just for boss fights, Kole and many map bosses (without elemental resist modifiers) goes down pretty fast.

Dominating blow + Multistrike + Increased duration + Melee splash

Minions last up to 70 ~ seconds, planning to upgrade the duration support gem. It's an amazing skilset when you come against with crazy map mods. I sacrifice my personal dps for the minions I coverted, with enough up to 50x at a time, I let them run the show w/o running the risk reflecting myself to death. I personally recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to have a hold of a soultaker and a 5 link chest piece when you accumulated enough wealth.

Heavy strike + Multistrike + Melee splash + Melee dmg full life

I dont use the setup as much or at all. I dislike chasing my enemies haha.

Well I'm jelly, I've been saving for a Soul Taker for two weeks and I'm only half way there. Farming for Soul Taker crushes souls. I'll probably be running your first setup, IB with faster attacks, splash, multistrike, and added fire or weapon elemental. I also have a q20 Dom Blow to play around with when I'm bored.

Yup, a bunch of people have sung Bringer's praises at the top of their lungs, me included.

Btw, you could Blessed Orb your Stone of Lazwhar necklace into 30 int, that should enable you to level your Increased Area of Effect gem to level 20.

On a completely unrelated note, reporting in on my Aegis Aurora adventures:
I dropped Ondar's Guile, and specced into IR, and it has been amazing. 5k armor --> 16k armor means instead of 200 ES per block, I get 650 ES per block. My only "evasion" now is blind on my Reave, which is still quite effective against map bosses.

Here's my Frankenstein of a talent tree so far: Frankenstein AA build
I've pretty much built myself into a corner where I can never drop Bringer unless I get to around level 90 so I can pick up block nodes.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Sep 13, 2013, 5:52:25 AM
Yes, I finally put Merciless Piety to a rest :-)

Piety itself wasn't a big issue, but I died many times due to the lightning casters in the Barracks. Desyncs had their share too, doesn't help trying to kill some blue casters when they are on opposite sides of the screen on server and client...

Anyways, thanks again for this guide, my first char to clear all content!

I'm at the very low end of life, my gear has to be improved a lot, but I couldn't resist to try Piety:

I have about 2.5k life, 33% armor, 36% evasion and 71% block (had to grab some life nodes before maxing block chance, with 2k life I had no chance to even fight my way to Gravicious). I think with 3k life it would have been much easier, this would have helped to survive the damn casters in barracks.

Now going to farm a little bit for better gears and the occasional map drop, preparing for endgame, yeah :-)
Fargali: "And for those who wants more death penalty just go out and die a second time"
"
TheLotusEater wrote:
Do u find evasion rating important in high lv. maps?

I do like not getting hit by map bosses! :)

Evasion helps.

Max block helps.

Enfeeble helps.

I think over leveling for the map helps a bit too.

All of this combined = consistent win.
"
Maggsi wrote:

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself - that's the point of playing a "game." :)

I'd use that chest as is because I don't think spending a lot of chaos on the base item would be worthwhile.

Hopefully you can make up life on other pieces.

As mentioned, a bringer of rain would be a possibility for you if you are into trading.
"
Molochmane wrote:
Hey there, reporting in. I'm enjoyin my dominating blow build and did alot of public runs on the unique maps I found on along the way. But oh boy, lo'n'behold. The Bringer of Rain had dropped from the heavens and rested on my Templar's head (It dropped in a unique crypt map). With 4 RRRR sockets, it works perfect with Infernal blow and Domination builds.

Congrats on the bringer - very lucky to find it as a drop!

That's some pretty darn nice DPS. Well done.
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

On a completely unrelated note, reporting in on my Aegis Aurora adventures:
I dropped Ondar's Guile, and specced into IR, and it has been amazing. 5k armor --> 16k armor means instead of 200 ES per block, I get 650 ES per block. My only "evasion" now is blind on my Reave, which is still quite effective against map bosses.

Here's my Frankenstein of a talent tree so far: Frankenstein AA build
I've pretty much built myself into a corner where I can never drop Bringer unless I get to around level 90 so I can pick up block nodes.

With those two uniques, especially the Aegis, you have to customize the tree a lot to suit them. :) Looks interesting!
Checking in - I am level 64, in Marciless Act 2, and though had a few deaths, am cruising along!

I bought a multi-strike for 3 Chaos, and wow it sent my DPS through the roof. I use Multistrike, melee splash, and melee damage, with heavy strike.

I got that chest drop with 1 blue socket - but just after very few currencies, got it to 4 sockets, 4 all red, and then 4L. I stopped though was tempted to go broke trying for more sockets and all links (I failed epicly trying to change orb colors to red in a 5L GGGGG evasion chest I have - 35+ chromos later it is still GGGGG! best I got was one red socket on it I think).

Thanks again for the build :)
"
Schlowski wrote:

Anyways, thanks again for this guide, my first char to clear all content!

I'm at the very low end of life, my gear has to be improved a lot, but I couldn't resist to try Piety:

I have about 2.5k life, 33% armor, 36% evasion and 71% block (had to grab some life nodes before maxing block chance, with 2k life I had no chance to even fight my way to Gravicious). I think with 3k life it would have been much easier, this would have helped to survive the damn casters in barracks.

Now going to farm a little bit for better gears and the occasional map drop, preparing for endgame, yeah :-)

Thanks for the update!

2.5K is not actually that bad with this build, your evasion and armour are about where they should be, but it sure helps to have a Lazhwar to block 47% of spells, along with maxed, overcapped resists with leveled up Purity.

3K life is definitely better though. :)

I waver between 2500 and 2800 or so life myself depending how much IIR I try to pile on. So far, I'm not finding that adding 50 IIR makes much difference, so I may switch back to life gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info