So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The problem with Staves is that we have Immortal Call. When you truly break down this game for 2H defenses, immortal call > block. You can have nearly 100% uptime on it which renders block on staves virtually useless, not to mention all the points you have to allocate in inefficient damage nodes for staves makes it even less appealing. Not to mention going crit staff is pretty laughable, you have to try to manage soo many stats the everything becomes mediocre. Way back it was actually kind of common for some builds to take extended duration immortal call for 2H builds, its funny how the game pretty much reverted back to that for 2H Melee.

The other problem though with immortal call being better than block for 2H is that immortal call is EASILY accessible to every single other class, many of them use it because of how good it is. You dont even need extended duration nodes, simply a 20/20 immortal call and increased duration with 4 endurance charges will give greater than 6 seconds of physical immunity (which is generally enough to go pack to pack completely immune to physical damage if you have decent clearing speed). Heck back in the day it was also common to even swap to Saffles in really "oh shit" moments when dealing with spells, which are far more dangerous than physical damage for 2H melee (That was back when saffles was 120% of block chance as spell block).

You can only achieve an small amount of spell block with a stave (It requires sacrificing alot). These are a few reasons why i just cant give a shit about staves, no matter how much they "buff" them. We expected a big stave buff last time and look at we got, it was a pretty big joke.

Its not only staves that need to be buffed, its all 2h weapons, the lack of defense is the same with all of them, you pretty much need IC, but most of the stuff that kills you is obviously spells cause you dont have high resist caps and no spellbock, just some spelldodge if you go really far.

And with staffs again you cant get high block chance unless you use stuff like BoR and anvil, even then youre block chance still wont be capped and you sacrifice a ton of dps, spellblock is stupidly hard to get, since you cant get any block.

I just hope they buff all 2h weapons, they said something about that staff circle, but i hope they add some new nodes and buff other 2h weapons as well..
Yes i know, i was giving an example of why staves implicit is a joke, in a realistic sense.

I complete agree, hopefully something is done soon. Been playing 2H since i started playing the game way back in CB, its all ive enjoyed playing out of all the builds ive tried.

I think the most upsetting part (especially with the uber atziri aspect) is this game was made for tons of builds to be played (play what you want, how you want), yet we are actually very limited in what is and isnt viable (people argue that uber shouldnt be a balancing point, however it should be, especially when theres only a handful of builds doing it, and out of the handful of builds doing it, some barely get by and some do it with ease).
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
2 Hand melee including 2 Hand ST is the worst specc subgenre right now. Because they lack Block and Spellblock which is the meta right now. They are basically the Archers of last cycle which only are viable because of ther pretty good damage buff.
I did normal atziri too, and thats almost impossible, with a 2 handed cyclone build,

NO Crit, NO Legacy Kaoms, NO Mirrored Gear, just pure balls

needed all 6 portals, died 2 times at the trio and the other 4 at atziri herslef because yo uget oneshotted by the flameblast and nearly oneshotted form the stormcalls with 9000 life and 79% resistance, and this was before the nerf to life on the tree and the loss of 4% maximum resistance, now its jsut impossible, you just cant stack auras, mom, block, acrobatics as a two handed melee user, if oyu want them too be viable there must be somehing done

oh and some days ago i got olmecs sanctum as daily, got oneshotted there too with 8500 life, the problem is theres to mcuh stuff that can oneshit you and can only be avoided through block and evasion, why even try to take hit which will oneshot you anyways

Spoiler

I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Sep 27, 2014, 2:13:49 AM
"
StormHunter wrote:
I did normal atziri too, and thats almost impossible, with a 2 handed cyclone build,

NO Crit, NO Legacy Kaoms, NO Mirrored Gear, just pure balls

needed all 6 portals, died 2 times at the trio and the other 4 at atziri herslef because yo uget oneshotted by the flameblast and nearly oneshotted form the stormcalls with 9000 life and 79% resistance, and this was before the nerf to life on the tree and the loss of 4% maximum resistance, now its jsut impossible, you just cant stack auras, mom, block, acrobatics as a two handed melee user, if oyu want them too be viable there must be somehing done

oh and some days ago i got olmecs sanctum as daily, got oneshotted there too with 8500 life, the problem is theres to mcuh stuff that can oneshit you and can only be avoided through block and evasion, why even try to take hit which will oneshot you anyways

Spoiler

I did normal atziri with my marauder(http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/933657), using only rares cause i couldnt get a kaoms, had 7k life, did about 40 runs with this char and only died on my first 3, normal atziri is very doable as 2h melee with a decent build and a nice weapon.

But at ubers yea the damage is way too hard to mitigate for 2h melee, your only mitigation there is leech, movement speed, evasion and phase acrobatics basically for a 2h melee, unless you somehow mana to get EB and MoM.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
StormHunter wrote:
oneshotted by the flameblast and nearly oneshotted form the stormcalls with 9000 life and 79% resistance

ibelieveyou.jpg
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
This explains a lot. I've made a build that utilizes all kaom's gear and only needs a 4L for attack and while my cosplaying build clears packs easily... he dies before he reaches them?! 7k life with All the sweet kaom stuff (rings boots armor axe) and maxed resists and I feel more glass than my 3k es flickerer, and he didn't die until a desync to double merveil. It honestly feels like everything starts hitting a ton harder as soons as I put a 2h on.
IGN: Smegacore
nice going there... :)
"
VictorDoom wrote:

Baiscally 2h builds have nothing to offer at the moment, they dont do as much or higher dps than other builds and are not as tanky or tankier than other builds, the tankyness needs a buff really badly in any case.

I agree.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
dps should be buffed

I think the dps is fine. It's the survivability with 2handers and melee in general that needs to be addressed.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

Baiscally 2h builds have nothing to offer at the moment, they dont do as much or higher dps than other builds and are not as tanky or tankier than other builds, the tankyness needs a buff really badly in any case.

I agree.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
dps should be buffed

I think the dps is fine. It's the survivability with 2handers and melee in general that needs to be addressed.

Its my view that 2h builds are mostly focused on dealing damage, since they sacrifice a shield in favour of a high damage weapon they should theortically do more damage than 1h + shield, for example, logically, they should be able to dish out more dps than a guy wielding a wand or a dagger/sword, but they dont and they also have a lot less survivability than any of those builds, which is why im suggesting that they buff both. 2h is completely lacking in any proper damage mitigation like block or high resists and it also dishes out one of the lowest dps from all build archetypes, which makes no fucking sense.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 4, 2014, 1:59:46 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Its my view that 2h builds are mostly focused on dealing damage, since they sacrifice a shield in favour of a high damage weapon they should theortically do more damage than 1h + shield, for example, logically, they should be able to dish out more dps than a guy wielding a wand or a dagger/sword, but they dont and they also have a lot less survivability than any of those builds, which is why im suggesting that they buff both. 2h is completely lacking in any proper damage mitigation like block or high resists and it also dishes out one of the lowest dps from all build archetypes, which makes no fucking sense.

I agree with your assessment but I would sooner try nerfing game mechanics which make one-handed weapons strong. You don't fight power creep by making non-ridiculous game elements ridiculous too.

Namely, I'd address damage scaling on weapons, fast weapons are this good because increased damage affects rolled flat damage too.

So, instead (base + flat) * (increased + quality),
I'd make it (base) * (increased + quality) + flat

That wouldn't fix the problem completely but would make it less insane at least.
And crit, crit needs a big tonedown too, but that's nothing new, I guess.

Sweet soundtrack in the video, by the way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info