Dyadus rework

"
dlrr wrote:
I think the reason GGG has a specific order in which conversion can appear is due to the possibility of cyclicality.

Imagine using a cold to fire gem support in an item which coverts fire to cold. The client would have a hard time deciding which element to ultimately end up with.

If they used a (base * multiplier) + (added damage * multiplier) along with normal order of operations of a quadratic equation it wouldn't. So 1000 fire and 500 cold with both fire and cold conversions of 50% would be:

(1000x*0.5) + (500y*0.5) + (500x*.05) + (1000y*0.5)

x=fire
y=cold

Making both equal 750 in the end and allows on the fly conversions with everything else that can alter their end result.

Half of one element being taken and given to it's converted element essentially and wouldn't make a loop, all it needs is a logical convertor to add a divisor to the element being converted from and create a similar statement in the element being converted to.
Bump for exposure.
IGN: Laubblaeser
Bump from nobody can imagine how deep i dig this post.

Dyadus is weak because of a single game mechanic :
-> Strength : "Increase melee physical dmge".

If you consider that...
1- most of axes builds are based on strength.
2- the basic value of str is easily higher than 300 at lvl69 (with the stuff).
Then this axe is losing by default a 60%+++ dps increase.

This is the only problem for Dyadus.
If you except that point, the values of Dyadus are ok and take into account its 2 naturals weakness...
1- the lack of nodes that increases elemental dmge in comparison to physical melee nodes.
2- the lack of weapons bonus (axes got no accuracy, crit, spell or elemental bonus).
These two points must not be changed, they define what Dyadus is (all elemental axe).

2 solutions :
1- Either you change the strength for everyone : Strength should increase any physical AND elemental dmge.
After all, Iron Will increases any physical AND elemental spell dmge.

2- Either you add the following trait to the weapon :
"Strength increases elemental dmge on this weapon" (because the physical dmge of this weapon is close to zero).
Last edited by giantaxe02 on Mar 13, 2016, 2:51:08 PM
A quick note about damage conversion: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

The order goes Physical > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos. It can go forward and skip however many such as Viper Strike doing Phys to Chaos damage, but it can never go backwards.
A more simple and definitly better (because funnier) way to improve the axe :
Remove the physical dmge of the weapon and increase (or not?) the elementals parts by the average physical value (60 more cold and fire dmge).

Why ?
Because each weapon should have a purpose or be better in a specific situation.
If you take away the physical dmge, no melee skill can transform the physical dmge into an elemental one.
And ? The weapon will always do only fire or only cold dmge.
And ? This will be the perfect weapon to use with Elemental Equilibrium !!!
Indirectly, Elemental Equilibrium increases dmge done.

I know, i'm a genius. :)

>> Thx for your post Jackinthegreen. I didn't know that. :)
You're right about the damage being low giantaxe.

When this was made during open beta (and released at game launch), it had the second highest DPS in game. The only higher DPS item was Marohi which was seen as ultimate end game.

How times have changed since... Dyadus was shortly followed after by Wings of Entropy and Oro's Sacrifice which were far superior to it in defense and offense respectively. These 2 have since been replaced by even more OP uniques. Heh.

I doubt GGG will boost the dps which means my unique is relegated to hipster builds now. They did try making it build of the month, but that only served to have more people pour scorn as to how poor the clear speed was...

Ah well

One can only hope!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info