Dyadus rework

Dear GGG,

I wanted to ask, if you've planned to rework Dyadus, since it became so weak after the DoT changes you made a while ago. It would be very nice to hear some opinions from the developers, especially the balance team, on this issue, but please feel free to comment if you are a player and agree/disagree with me.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Greetings,
Laubblaeser
IGN: Laubblaeser
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 5:25:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree, Dyadus feels extremely lackluster at the moment, even more so when you bring its rarity into the picture.

I don't think I can think of any reason to invest in 2 Dyadus instead of 1 Wings of Entropy for dual wield.
"
Apos91 wrote:
I don't think I can think of any reason to invest in 2 Dyadus instead of 1 Wings of Entropy for dual wield.

Yep, that's a problem that I would like to adress. Dyadus is a very special item and has so much potential to be awesome. Sadly it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.
I would really love to see the flat elemental damage values on this item buffed a little bit, so that it's able to compete with other uniques out there (i.e. WoE as you've mentioned) and can be put to use at least in some special scenarios.
"
Apos91 wrote:
I agree, Dyadus feels extremely lackluster at the moment, even more so when you bring its rarity into the picture.

its a comparatively common drop for what its worth.

WoE>>>>>>>>>Dyadus both in terms of DPS and survivability.
its so bad i would say even the old (adapted for new tree) explosive arrow builds would make better burn prolif builds then this.
Bump for exposure.
Relentlessly bumping for a discussion about this.
Last edited by Laubblaeser on Sep 18, 2014, 2:29:20 PM
Problem with Wings of Entropy is its slow attack rate can't be boosted high enough to make dual wielding feel good. Pairing Dyadis with a fast off-hand weapon gives you a decently fast Dual Strike that you can combine with a Dyadis-powered Infernal Blow.

What I think Dyadis needs to be competitive is a boost to its Critical Strike chance. A weapon that's lacking in physical damage needs something more than flat fire or cold damage to fill in the gap.
"
RogueMage wrote:
Problem with Wings of Entropy is its slow attack rate can't be boosted high enough to make dual wielding feel good.

MUH fast attacks
you miss the point of dyadus. and learn to spell it properly.
Ooh! Nice thread! Was directed here by a kind and observant guild member.

Thanks for taking the time out to think about the unique and ways to improve it. I do like a lot of the ideas present here. I grateful that this thread has almost always stuck to a very constructive tone as well.

I do agree that Dyadus is weak compared to many other >L60+ uniques. I am partially tempted to lay the blame with GGG for:

- Nerfing the increased burning damage taken from 100% down to a meagre 40% (even then, I had to push it up from their originally proposed 30%)

- Not adding in a last minute affix that I wanted about ignited enemies receiving a debuff to maintain the fire/cold symmetry

But, to be fair, I have learnt a lot more about the game since release and some now-obvious mechanics had not occurred to me then. If I could redo Dyadus all over again, I might consider the following:

- Adds physical damage + Converts 80 - 100% of phys to fire in mainhand + Converts 80 - 100% of phys to cold in offhand

This allows for stacking of high amounts of damage per hit to get lots of burn. Highly suspect GGG would disallow this, but hey this is my wishlist right?

- 100% increased burning damage against enemies chilled by you

The problem GGG had with the current chill burn debuff is that it applied to burning damage from other players too. So pairing a Dyadus support with a burning discharge would be crazy OP. By restricting the burn damage as a buff to only the player, GGG should then be able to increase the burn damage to where I wanted it to be. That being said, "increased burning damage" doesn't act like a pseudo multiplier that the current "increased burning damage taken" has.

- Enemies ignited by you cannot be frozen

This acts like a debuff and buff all the same. Not freezing enemies on an item that demands crit is a huge defense debuff and hopefully balances against the conversion mechanic up top. But the ability to proliferate from corpses should balance off against that.

- 25% chance to ignite + 100% increased chill duration

Same as before

- Increased crit strike chance / accuracy

This should replace the attack speed affix.

Ideally there should be just 1 more affix with some defense component like block / spell block / leech or whatever but I'm not sure if GGG would allow that
Oh, nice to see dlrr got into this discussion. I'm very glad to read your thoughts on this one. This could get even better if some developer would answer our prayers. :-)

"
dlrr wrote:
- Adds physical damage + Converts 80 - 100% of phys to fire in mainhand + Converts 80 - 100% of phys to cold in offhand

I think this would be too much, since the scaling would be immense if you would really want to push it. Also the flat elemental damage makes this weapon kind of unique to build with and requires you to carefully plan you damage output, not just stacking physical damage nodes.

I would rather prefer a flat fire/cold dmg increase (I'm gonna throw a number in: about 40 % higher than now would suffice as far as I can see)

OR

some fire/cold damage percentage roll. percentage elemental damage would first increase the initial hits and then further increase the burning damage in general.
perhaps a 20 % increase of one element would be appropriate, depending on in which hand you are holding your dyadus. (which would allow more builds to use dyadus, since it wouldn't be limited to melee anymore. would love this especially for caster characters.)

"
dlrr wrote:
- 100% increased burning damage against enemies chilled by you

I think this would be a nice change, even if it only affects you and not your party members anymore. Since i play mainly solo, I would vote for it. :-)

"
dlrr wrote:
- Enemies ignited by you cannot be frozen

Hm, I would think that this could be too much of a buff. You would get rid of the downside of using crits to boost your damage (which is occasional freezing instead of chilling) and all corpses would proliferate further. Even with the slight decrease of survivability/defence when removing the freeze mechanic, this wouldn't be justifiable as far as I'm concerned.

"
dlrr wrote:
- Increased crit strike chance / accuracy

YES, please. Remove the 15 % attack speed, instead give us 25 % increased local crit chance (= 6,25 % base crit chance) and/or 15 % increased accuracy. Oh, this one would become such a gem of a unique. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info