[1.2] CI Aegis Aurora Tank | Unkillable Monster | Atziri viable | Videos Online

Welcome to my CI Aegis Aurora Tank build.

I just hit level 90 and wanted to share my build with you.

This build focuses on the unique shield Aegis Aurora. The shield allowes us to be extremly tanky while still doing good damage.

Warning
This build is not cheap! I calculated at least 60ex to make this build work.I'm working on a budget version, more details comming soon.

Gear needed for build to work

1. Aegis Aurora : The shield makes us pretty much unkillable. [ "Replenishes Energy Shield by 2%[4%] of Armour when you Block"]
2.Soul Taker : Soul Taker allowes us to reserve all our mana for auras and still be able to use our main attack cyclone.
3.Alpha's Howl : Gives us awesome stats, a lot of evasion which turns into armour, cannot be frozen, +2 of aura gems overall an awesome unique.
4.Stone of Lazhwar : 50% of block chance applied to spells, can be corrupted for +1 max res,block chance and weapon ele damage.
5.Rainbowstrides : 25% of block chance applied to spells, good es boots.

For rings look out for phys damage,energy shield , resistance. For your chest look for a armour/energyshield chest [ you don't need a mirrored chest!! I used a 20ex chest till lvl 87].

Offense
DPS with 3 frenzy charges and atziri flask

Defense
With flasks and 3 endurance charges

Bandits

Normal : kill all
Cruel : help Oak
Merciless: kill all / help Oak

We use cyclone as our main attack, giving us stun immunity while still providing decent clearspeed. For a 5link i would use Cyclone,Faster Attacks , Concentrated Effect, Meele Damage On Full Life , Meele Phyical Damage. In a 6link add Added Fire Damage.

My Gear

I did every map boss + Atziri without any issues[ Killed her with Saffels and Aegis didn't recognize any difference]. I try to record some videos for Atziri fight.

I can run every map mod except Blood Magic.

I hope you like my build, if you have any critizism please leave a comment below and if you have any questions.

Credits
Credits go to ogrec he did this build for 1.1.5 . I only updated the buiild for 1.2. Link to his build : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960829. You can watch there videos him doing Atziri.

Last edited by Borginn on Sep 24, 2014, 2:27:12 PM
Seems like a viable build. Would be great if you could post your defense stats and offense stats.
Edited now with offense and defense stats.
I really like how this looks. How do you recon I should do at beyond with it, provided I can hit the important uniques ?

Anything you would change/advice on/advice again ? Is it viable there ?

edit: how would you compare this against a life build with other things staying the same (a build such as this https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZbmnAD9JNvqebg1PfWNuE76QZG_ol3wUtYEt673TtQKAwT2RSE0zV7WqTtkEppU4qW6_dDfzFSn2HdmegCpt46-cK73rTfniuSO4brf66fXV4Db6KAdypbjIJcmxsRrXySshuqti9NZL-CqZXTeP-j_JFOuHBBHloC2FfP5AK9012K0F07w4nL-OfWGM9_IzP9kigtPMG5FH7qj3id-OuPmebPC2vbMWK8B8Es6IAFE0n7ayqcql82VnzWf72VeW9TjLE9sQVtPmLT5B0566DOO98rK9M_-eRw4Y= )
Last edited by budgi on Sep 16, 2014, 7:57:36 PM
This build is 100% HC viable. I would say this is one of the tankiest build out there, if you have max block. Your life based build can work but you need more block and energy shield on your gear [ i recommend at least 800 ES ]. If you dont get your hands on a Soul Taker you either run your skill with blood magic or somehow manage your mana cost with clarity dunno.
Without Soul Taker i would use cleave or doublestrike/meleesplash.
I guess my biggest worry is, the cost of that armor piece on beyond league. To land something with even 1k+ armor and 500es will be hard as hell and cost like nothing before :P

What's the least ES do you think I could survive nicely with at ~72 maps ? Would 4.5k be pushing it ?
Last edited by budgi on Sep 17, 2014, 5:26:59 AM
I recommend at least 4k es. On poe.xyz are some nice chests for 4-8 Ex. You can use Atziri's Splendour Armour/Es version and you have a 1k armour(armour+evasion combined) and 500+es. You dont need a 6l a 5l is enough to clear everything.
Last edited by Borginn on Sep 18, 2014, 3:03:23 AM
looks like a really awesome build. would love to see some videos.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Just to add a bit to this guide (I messaged him on Reddit about this) He runs increase AoE on Enfeeble, and self casts Blood Rage. However, on my character I put Blood Rage on CWDT, and instead of Increased AoE, I run Tempest Shield. 4% block and all you need is a lvl 18 20% reduced mana in your alpha's howl, and a level 18 14% in your 25% auras to make it work. You give up increased AoE and a tiny bit of leech for 4% block.
lol dude u got a mirror armor and not a legacy aegis or soul taker? thats weird

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info