[1.1.5] CI Cyclone (another expensive aegis build)

This is not a cheap build. Its using items many players, who cant afford them, consider imbalanced and overpower.
If you're looking for a cheap and solid build capable of doing endgame content without dying, take a look at BoR+WoE build i posted some time ago - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/934466

Shutout to Enki91 who made a similar CI Aegis build when Incandescent Heart was introduced. I liked his build a lot and wanted to try myself, but didnt have the time till now. You can check his build here - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889967. Its cheaper and has some leveling tips.

Videos
Apex run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3jFGL2v3JQ
Apex idling (stats, gear, dps video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0NEWYbGZQY

Gear needed for build to work

Alphas Howl - allows using 5 auras, grants freeze immunity and boosts lvl21 purities to lvl 23 fro base +5% to maximum resistance.
Soul Taker - allows attacking with insufficient mana so entire mana pool can be reserved
Stone of Lazhwar - 50% block applied to spells, also it can be corrupted for extra block chance or +1% max res
Rainbowstride - 25% block chance applied to spells

Rest of the gear should be good rare items. I'm currently using Atziri's Splendour only because my better rare chest is not yet 6 linked.

Bandits

N - Kill All
C - Oak
M - Oak

Cyclone is used as attack because its good both as single target and aoe attack. It also grants stun immunity which means unwavering stance is not needed. Its possible to get stunned while moving, but ES grants 50% chance to avoid being stunned and stun is not an issue.

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by ogrec on Jul 4, 2014, 9:14:12 AM
What are the benefits of going CI? A bringer seems to be superior for builds like these. You can reach 75/69 block and 6.5k hybrid life pool.
Life BoR build has low life leech (without LGoH), lower dps and lower armour (afaik average ST+BoR+Aegis build has 13k dps and 12k armour).
By going CI there's no need to worry about chaos resistance and its easy to obtain 20+k armour so even if block frequency is lower, more es is gained on block. Theres also 'free' 10% life leech and frenzy charges from blood rage and higher damage - 20k+ with hatred an frenzy charges (since chest and auras provide a lot of resistance, gear focus is on flat phys dmg and wed/cold dmg)
lvl 92 build can reach 58/50 block spellblock without corrupted stone of lazhwar, or up to 62/53 with corrupted amulet.

Also, in comparison with life BoR buil, this build benefits a lot more from party auras. Since a lot of ppl play elemental spectral throw, dps goes to 35k in a party running wrath and anger and armour gets boosted to 30-34k if party is running grace too. Because of high life leech, elemental reflect is not a problem even with high elemental dmg (tested on reflect maps with reflect packs, double/triple reflect is a non issue).
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 4, 2014, 10:39:33 AM
Nice One :) Kinda reminds me of Stoomie, low-life Cycloner that also ran Anger and Wrath with Aegis :P
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 5, 2014, 12:57:47 AM
Do you think this build can take uber atziri?
I can do all but uber split phase with a weaker life melee build, so i think this build might be able to handle uber atziri as it has a lot higher resistances and is able to reach 75% spellblock with saffels, while still maintaining high armor to be able to tank spears.
I wont try thou before i 6 link 1500ar/460es chest i have saved and gain 4 more levels for 8% more block... I also need a mortal hope, and only have 15 apxes sets left...
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 5, 2014, 7:25:44 AM
"
ogrec wrote:
Its using items many players, who cant afford them, consider imbalanced and overpower.

I strongly object your Honor! This is a base assumption!
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I have a few questions for you:

Why not Incandescent Heart?

Can I use Vertex and Dream Fragments? Could it be benefit?

What auras do you use?

That's all, ty!
Last edited by tinx9 on Jul 9, 2014, 3:16:46 AM
Incandescent Heart has low ES and armour. I used it for a while and it works fine even on 78 maps, problem is its hard to reach 5k ES with it.
I use Hatred, Determination, Discipline, Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning. You need Alpha's Howl to be able to run those auras, but if you plan on using Incandescent Heart, you can use Vertex instead and drop Purity of Fire and Lightning for Determination (so you run 4x60% auras instead of 3x60% + 2x40%).
Ty for answer, which option you think is the best? :p
Last edited by tinx9 on Jul 18, 2014, 3:24:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info