The weakest (and least used) gem in the game.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
On top of that, you can support Herald of Ice with cold to fire (to get more fire damage) without any worries of your mana reserved going up.

Well, the AoE explosions from Shattering monsters will deal extra Fire Damage. Your Attacks, not so much :P
"
sidtherat wrote:
ECOM(S) - endurance charge on melee stun

one of the most weird candidates as this stuff is awesome but here you go

btw - enlighten is perfect to level up gems in a +1 staff. if one wants to get gems quickly to lvl20 it really makes a difference

That is a great trick. I never thought about using +1 items. I wonder if it works linking empower together with enlighten in one of those +1 items? To give enlighten another level.

I remember kripparian used cold to fire gem for his burning discharger templar a long time ago. The gem itself was recently buffed afaik too.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:

I've never had an issue of being low on ID scrolls, except maybe in the first 10 minutes of a new league or race. Portal has always just seemed unnecessary to me, like a salad spinner.

I think it is more of a convenience. I prefer to press a button to open up a portal, and not worry about my portal scrolls running out or anything. I have to open up my inventory, then click on the portal scroll to open up the portal. I used to doing both ways since half my characters have portal gems, and the rest do not. Will I buy a portal gem for better convenience.......no. If they drop on me, I will use them, and luckily I have had 6 portal gems drop on me, one of which I gave away.

I wish GGG can make a wisdom gem. ;)

Exacly it's a convenience for me too. Bringing up a portal by pressing a single button. I actually had 2! portal gems drop for me on my first rampage charachter while leveling up in normal. It was perfect as i got one very early too.

That wisdom gem would be invaluable =)
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 17, 2014, 3:37:11 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Well, the AoE explosions from Shattering monsters will deal extra Fire Damage. Your Attacks, not so much :P

Yea, I am aware of that, but I combining it with Herald of Ash + ele prolife for the overkill damage part. My attacks will come from my gears, gems, and passive tree.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 17, 2014, 3:41:27 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
ECOM(S) - endurance charge on melee stun

one of the most weird candidates as this stuff is awesome but here you go

btw - enlighten is perfect to level up gems in a +1 staff. if one wants to get gems quickly to lvl20 it really makes a difference

That is a great trick. I never thought about using +1 items. I wonder if it works linking empower together with enlighten in one of those +1 items? To give enlighten another level.

I remember kripparian used cold to fire gem for his burning discharger templar a long time ago. The gem itself was recently buffed afaik too.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:

I've never had an issue of being low on ID scrolls, except maybe in the first 10 minutes of a new league or race. Portal has always just seemed unnecessary to me, like a salad spinner.

I think it is more of a convenience. I prefer to press a button to open up a portal, and not worry about my portal scrolls running out or anything. I have to open up my inventory, then click on the portal scroll to open up the portal. I used to doing both ways since half my characters have portal gems, and the rest do not. Will I buy a portal gem for better convenience.......no. If they drop on me, I will use them, and luckily I have had 6 portal gems drop on me, one of which I gave away.

Exacly it's a convenience for me too. Bringing up a portal by pressing a single button. I actually had 2! portal gems drop for me on my first rampage charachter while leveling up in normal. It was perfect as i got one very early too.

That wisdom gem would be invaluable =)

Enlighten empower and enhance are support gems and therefore only work on active skills.
Stormcalling 24/7.

Spoiler
I am kidding
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Well, if we had more hot-key slots, I could use it... if I had free socket for it, which I don't. I'd rather go for some curse, or in fact, anything else in general :X. It has its stupid cast speed, it takes a hot-key slot, and a socket in the items - pretty damn inconvenient if you ask me. I'd rather just press I and right click my scroll thingy. : P

Altho wisdom gem might be FAR more useful than portal, it would share Portal's retardness in terms of taking a socket and a hot-key slot. In fact,

I think every character could get a "utility" gem slot (put on your character, not on equipment), that could only slot Portal and possibly new utility gems like Wisdom Gem, or anything else that they could come up with (maybe Soul Stone Gem? Like, a thing that could allow summoners to "store" their specters? Just an idea D:). Also, provide dedicated hotkey for it.... because seriously :-V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Well, if we had more hot-key slots, I could use it... if I had free socket for it, which I don't. I'd rather go for some curse, or in fact, anything else in general :X. It has its stupid cast speed, it takes a hot-key slot, and a socket in the items - pretty damn inconvenient if you ask me. I'd rather just press I and right click my scroll thingy. : P

Altho wisdom gem might be FAR more useful than portal, it would share Portal's retardness in terms of taking a socket and a hot-key slot. In fact,

I think every character could get a "utility" gem slot (put on your character, not on equipment), that could only slot Portal and possibly new utility gems like Wisdom Gem, or anything else that they could come up with (maybe Soul Stone Gem? Like, a thing that could allow summoners to "store" their specters? Just an idea D:). Also, provide dedicated hotkey for it.... because seriously :-V

The downside with portal gem for me is that it cannot be used during combat. One little hit from anything interrupts the portal from finishing casting. So i always bring normal portal scrolls with me anyway that i can use to get out fast.

"
Perq wrote:

Almost all of my portal gems go into those empty sockets from my 6S5L items. So, there is no interference from my skills, auras, curse(s) and any other utility skills. As for the hot-key slot, when it comes to cases where I have more than two auras, I put one in my middle button of my mouse, the rest covers up one slot. I like mapping the portal skill at T since it is a shorter version of TP.

"
kompaniet wrote:
The downside with portal gem for me is that it cannot be used during combat. One little hit from anything interrupts the portal from finishing casting. So i always bring normal portal scrolls with me anyway that i can use to get out fast.

It is meant to be a convenience, not your lifeline. You would have to use a portal scroll in that situation, or just use the portal gem before combat (a distance away from the battle). When things get messy, just run to it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 18, 2014, 2:47:38 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

I just stick it in a lvl 1 cwdt when in a party of levelling.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Vipermagi wrote:
EC on Stun is awesome. Infinite charges to fuel CwDT+IC. Definitely a mile worse than Chance to Flee.

This, I never see anyone running punishment.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info