The weakest (and least used) gem in the game.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Must be this:

I have never seen anyone use it. Ever. It seems like it could be useful for summoners but it works with physical damage only.

Thoughts?

I think it should work with all 3 damage types. Chaos and elemental too. Then it could be useful for summoners or even multiplayer.

Let me know in this thread what gems you think are the weakest out of all. if any can surpass punishment in least usefullness.

Edit: Changed title from worst gem in the game to weakest gem in the game. Worst sounded so negative. Don't want negativity on the forums =) I don't create this thread to whinge. Only to discuss for fun and to learn new stuff

My top 3 of weakest and least used skills:

1. Punishment
2. Sweep
3. Shield charge or chance to flee

sweep? check heges stream for sweep, it can be quite good. shield charge? check etups stream.

the most useless gem in the game is not punishment but end charge on melee stun. because...its not even used by monsters. so you were wrong all 3 times. cool, you seem to have a great knowledge about the game :)
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
EC on Stun is awesome. Infinite charges to fuel CwDT+IC. Definitely a mile worse than Chance to Flee.
"
the most useless gem in the game is not punishment but end charge on melee stun.

Hell no. Endurance charge on stun allows for the absolute best way of getting ECs in the game. Utilized it on my stun build for constant 15+ second ICs while instantly getting full ECs each time. It's also the best 6th link for stunning ability.

Most useless is chance to flee period. No real pvp or pve use.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 16, 2014, 5:35:35 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"
the most useless gem in the game is not punishment but end charge on melee stun.

Hell no. Endurance charge on stun allows for the absolute best way of getting ECs in the game. Utilized it on my stun build for constant 15+ second ICs while instantly getting full ECs each time. It's also the best 6th link for stunning ability.

Most useless is chance to flee period. No real pvp or pve use.

you are a strange guy. so u prefer slow shield charge with ecoms as "movement skill"? lol thats slower than walking. a movement skill is leap slam+fa, or lwarp+rd+fc.

and in 6l ecoms`? lol why? e.g. leap slam - melee phys - fa - added fire - conc - inc aoe, ud really throw that in there? lal
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
Did not mention shield charge at all.

Ecom is the absolute best 6th link for stunning when used with heavystrike. I did the math and it beats WED which also adds damage of course. I still usually prefer WED in that case but ecom is an option.

I always used ecom for the AoE skill which is groundslam. That allows for a very tanky two hand build due to getting 7 ECs within seconds. You can link a level 20 cwdt with IC in that case allowing you to get 15+ second IC whenever it ends up activating.

You can also use ecom with leapslam as a movement skill, something I've actually done before. It doesn't add much mana cost and will let you get occasional ECs thanks to leapslam's high base damage.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 16, 2014, 5:50:08 PM
endurance charge on melee stun + stun build = infinite Immortal call against bosses
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 16, 2014, 5:49:43 PM
"
Insomniask wrote:
so u prefer slow shield charge with ecoms as "movement skill"? lol thats slower than walking.
70% increased Move Speed. Now slower than walking.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)

Refer to another post I have replied.
"

my link is cleave - weapon elemental damage - CoMK - Discharge - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
It works no so bad (not so good too. My single cleave can do similar damage than my 10 charges Discharge...) in solo, but shitty as hell in party.
I have already used Oro's Sacrifice (which has Culling Strike against Burning Enemies). However, it's still so bad in party.

1. You melee attack can't do even enough damage in a 6 man party. BAD.
2. You can only deal so little killing blow to mods even if you have culling strike. Really BAD.
3. Your spell is still not strong enough even if you can kill a mod (I use Disharge with 4 frenzy, 3 endurance and 3 power with over 200% elemental damage passive). Still not xxx enough. I will expect that spell triggered by CoMK should do massive damage (Should be CoC -> many but small in one hit. Selfcast -> middle. CoMK -> few but massive) but it's not. Really Really BAD BAD BAD.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547066/page/12/#p8860817
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Sep 16, 2014, 10:07:29 PM
I use CoMK as a way to keep up non-essential buffs: so i have it on a 4link with heavy strike, melee damage, comk, molten shell

Thats why i do not waste casting time on molten shell and have a mean of controling it. This is for a character that cannot use cast on stun and cwdt method is not enough

ECoMS is amazing. 7 end charges always up plus infin8te IC is well worth it even on 5link. Dps is not everyrhing. Survival is.
Smoke mine seems very clunky to me, even tho it seems nice on the paper.

Heavy strike with its annoying knockback

Cast on Death? D:

Portal gem is pretty useless too

Shock nova - lolpleaseIratherGoArc. Or anything else

Enlighten seems pretty dumb too, tbh.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 17, 2014, 2:18:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info