Best support for heavy strike?

multistrike
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
"
kasub wrote:
Weapon elemental damage will increase your DPS the most. Melee damage on full life would be a possibility if you can stun enemies but it's not that reliable.

Weapon elemental damage will do more DPS than Added Chaos or Culling Strike? Given I have Hatred and Herald of Ash.
Last edited by Hayrich on Sep 13, 2014, 4:35:49 PM
Stun

The only reason to use heavy strike (and a mace) is to use stuns. Stun gem will increase your stun potential more than any other gem.
Lets say you do 1000 damage per hit.

Hatred adds 36%, so 360 cold.
Herald adds 15% so 150 fire.

Lvl 20 added fire adds 39% so 390 fire.

Total damage: 1000 phys + 360 cold + 540 fire = 1900 damage (Control)

Level 20 weapon ele = 59% more ele damage, so (540+360) * 1.59 = 1431
New total = 2431 damage (1000 phys, 859 fire, 572 fire) Wepon Ele

Culling strike lvl 20/0: 22% increased damage. Let's just take the 'best case' for comparison.
New phys: 1200
New Cold: 432
New Fire: 648

It will be a little higher w/ 20 quality, but still won't be as strong.

Total damage = 2280 damage (note: assumes no other increased multipliers) Culling Strike

As you can see, weapon ele will add way more damage. It would also make your damage mostly elemental.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Hayrich wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
Weapon elemental damage will increase your DPS the most. Melee damage on full life would be a possibility if you can stun enemies but it's not that reliable.

Weapon elemental damage will do more DPS than Added Chaos or Culling Strike? Given I have Hatred and Herald of Ash.

Yup, it will beat both. You also use added fire.

"
Stun

The only reason to use heavy strike (and a mace) is to use stuns. Stun gem will increase your stun potential more than any other gem.

I'm all for stun builds but I don't think the gem is that good unless you have huge DPS or are exceeding 80 stun threshold. He doesn't use a dedicated stun build.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 13, 2014, 5:21:23 PM
Much thanks for all the replies, especially the nifty DPS calculation.

That said, Culling Strike effectively negates the last 10% of an enemy's health. This might bring the overall damage much more comparable to wep elemental damage.
+
+
+
+
+

Dem Discharges. OP. Such Wow. Many Fire.

Edit:

You can gain Endurance charges fast by going:

Since you can only get 1 charge per "cast"/attack. You can Spam Cyclone with BM so you can get End Charges faster and "discharge" with Heavy strike.

although most of the time Cycloning them down is good enough. Option 2 is Enduring cry lvl 20 with Echo. Is awesome too.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Sep 13, 2014, 7:58:08 PM
I dont't think Multistrike is a good choose for heavy_strike

this skill will knock back enemies and hard to keep being hit on 3 hits, and it's easy to deal desync
Definitely Weapon Elemental Damage. With Hatred+Added Fire+Herald of Ash you have a significant amount of elemental damage, and it's the only other support that works well with your damage modifiers. Added Chaos would be very poor since it doesn't work with any of your damage boosts except for attack speed increases.
Last edited by Weslie on Sep 13, 2014, 9:22:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info