Best support for heavy strike?

Hi everyone, I have a 6-linked 2 hander with my Marauder that I'm using heavy strike with. Currently it is linked: Heavy Strike-Multistrike-Melee Physical Damage-Added Fire Damage-Faster Attacks-???

I'm wondering what is the best support gem that can boost this DPS of heavy strike the most. I was thinking it might be Added Chaos damage, but I'm not sure about that (as well as its practicality pertaining to resists). Or what about something like Culling Strike?

Does anyone else have other suggestions?

Thanks.
I'd try Weapon Elemental Damage assuming that you are running Hatred and/or Herald of Ash (or Increased Critical Damage if it's a crit build) for pure single target, otherwise Melee Splash.
I would go with Melee splash.
But I already have ground slam for AOE, so melee splash is unnecessary.

I just want a gem that can further boost single target damage. Yes, I am running Herald of Ash/Hatred with a groundslammer build.
"
Hayrich wrote:

I just want a gem that can further boost single target damage. Yes, I am running Herald of Ash/Hatred with a groundslammer build.

Do you have your GS in a 6L aswell ? because if not, I prefer a strong AoE over a single target skill because packs matter the most. If you have RT try chaos dmg or something, or that weapon ele....if not go with lightning dmg or critical.
"
"
Hayrich wrote:

Do you have your GS in a 6L aswell ? because if not, I prefer a strong AoE over a single target skill because packs matter the most. If you have RT try chaos dmg or something, or that weapon ele....if not go with lightning dmg or critical.

Yes, my groundslam is in a 6L as well.
Are you using RT? If not, additional accuracy is actually a great gem.

The culling strike gem could be a good choice, as you'll get about 20% increased damage and 10% increased attack speed (with a 20/20).

Weapon ele, as said before, would also be good.

If you were using cyclone you could add conc effect :\
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Slightly off topic, but I wish heavy strike worked with bows.

A slow(er) super heavy single target attack would be a godsend, especially with the Iron Grip Keystone.
My vote is for life leech.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Weapon elemental damage will increase your DPS the most. Melee damage on full life would be a possibility if you can stun enemies but it's not that reliable.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 13, 2014, 2:11:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info