Best support for heavy strike?

Add in some physical conversion (from Hrimsorrow or Chernobog's Pillar), and then corrupt your gloves to have elemental weakness on hit, and you'll be swimming in damage.

Another possibility would be to use Double Strike instead, so you can use multistrike without having to worry about desync and stuff. As an added bonus, you could use a 1h weapon with Prismatic Eclipse on the offhand as a sort of super-shield. Also, don't forget the corrupted gloves with vulnerability on hit :)
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
kasub wrote:
I'm all for stun builds but I don't think the gem is that good unless you have huge DPS or are exceeding 80 stun threshold. He doesn't use a dedicated stun build.

That doesn't really make sense... The less stun threshold you have from gear/passives, the more impact the stun gem will have on your stun potential. Well if he doesn't have a dedicated stun build then why is he using a mace and heavy strike? Imo theres no reason to use a mace if you're not going for stuns (aside from 1h mace builds).

Edit : I just respecced my old marauder (i still hasd my 1.2 full respec) into a stun build.

I tested a palace map and i succesfully stun locked dominus with heavy strike. Walk in the park.

Heavy strike, Melee phys, added fire, faster attacks, weapon ele damage, stun were my gems.

I also use hatred and herald of ash. My heavy strike has 38k dps (no crits since i use resolute technique).

Pretty happy with the toon so far.

I also use ground slam (21k dps) for aoe :

Ground slam, melee phys, added fire, faster attacks, multistrike, stun.

Both skills right now have 136% stun threshold reduction (coming from passives, gear, stun gem and skills (HS and GS both have inherent stun threshold reduction))

Also having 130% stun duration.

My stun gems are only lvl 16, and only one of them have 20% quality.
Last edited by Krayken on Sep 14, 2014, 12:35:21 AM
"

That doesn't really make sense... The less stun threshold you have from gear/passives, the more impact the stun gem will have on your stun potential.

Without high enough stun threshold he won't stunlock bosses which is the only real reason to use stun gem.

He could of course slightly modify his build(take stun + mace nodes, stun belt) but OP was just asking for general support advice.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 14, 2014, 12:39:56 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
I'm all for stun builds but I don't think the gem is that good unless you have huge DPS or are exceeding 80 stun threshold. He doesn't use a dedicated stun build.

That doesn't really make sense... The less stun threshold you have from gear/passives, the more impact the stun gem will have on your stun potential. Well if he doesn't have a dedicated stun build then why is he using a mace and heavy strike? Imo theres no reason to use a mace if you're not going for stuns (aside from 1h mace builds).

Edit : I just respecced my old marauder (i still hasd my 1.2 full respec) into a stun build.

I tested a palace map and i succesfully stun locked dominus with heavy strike. Walk in the park.

Heavy strike, Melee phys, added fire, faster attacks, weapon ele damage, stun were my gems.

I also use hatred and herald of ash. My heavy strike has 38k dps (no crits since i use resolute technique).

Pretty happy with the toon so far.

I also use ground slam (21k dps) for aoe :

Ground slam, melee phys, added fire, faster attacks, multistrike, stun.

Both skills right now have 136% stun threshold reduction (coming from passives, gear, stun gem and skills (HS and GS both have inherent stun threshold reduction))

Also having 130% stun duration.

My stun gems are only lvl 16, and only one of them have 20% quality.

Krayken, I'm curious about your 6L heavy strike mana cost. Are you able to support it on mana alone, without blood magic gem?
Mana alone, using 2% mana leech on a ring. It only cost about 20 mana if i remember well. After mana reservation (hatred, purity of lightning, herald of ash) i have abou 140 unreserved mana left. Im also using 17% reduced mana cost of skills on the tree (2x 5% + 1x 7%). My ground slam is 37 mana. Haven't tried half regen maps though.
Last edited by Krayken on Sep 14, 2014, 11:43:19 AM
Thanks for sharing, Krayken. Your build looks awesome :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info