1 question after the HLD tournament

I feel like you read my thread but didn't understand. As melee, you can wear CoE and stack those same spell modifiers as casters, and get the SAME benefits when it comes to tempest and molten shell in a four link. Your attacks will also gain the same DPS their spells do. Melee can do exactly what they (casters) do if you equip that one item. I'm not saying that's the best melee build, but you can be exactly like a caster if you want to.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Sep 25, 2014, 5:19:48 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Am I missing something or just stating the obvious...

As attack based you can stack spell dmg and take advantage of the caster benefits (molten, tempest, etc.) by simply using Crown of Eyes. IMO that is NOT the issue, there is simply no good counter to EK, because its large physical hits (Armor does nothing) and it's spell (harder to block and cannot be evaded).

And to touch on Mulla's point a little about 1H and shield Melee, 5-6k life is NOT average if you're stacking crit. That's BIS gear with current tree. (not to diss Mulla, he is PvP BOSS)

5-6k is heavily dependent on if you decide to go more tanky (block/hp) or more dps (base dmg/crit). Ideally you find a medium and hitting 5k shouldn't be an issue even in non BIS gear.

As far as your CoEs observation, nah that's not the issue and EK itself isn't the issue either believe it or not. You can discount CWDT on casters as just being a nuisance, again not the problem in the grand scheme of things. Molten shell with spell dmg modifiers and a simple 3-4link can fuck your day up. Add critical multiplier to that and its ez game over, thats one of two real problems here. Tempest shield being the second one, again spell modifiers 3-4link and critical = day...fucked. Block is already super strong and inconveniences everyone that faces it even those with shields facing other shields. Add the power of tempest shield and its just...................wrong. Molten shell on a caster is equally wrong. Its not caster hate, its spell damage is buffing the shit out of two particular gems that provide absurd levels of defense to the point of 1hit killing mofo's without blinking an eye. That's all there is to it, close thread...re-balance these two gems and people will appreciate/enjoy HLD PvP a bit more trust me.

There is no way anyone can justify the need for Molten and Tempest to be this powerful on casters. They have block, insane damage output, speed, lightning warp and equal to or more effective HP/ES then 1h and 2h melee with and without legacy Kaoms. Start where you should of over a year ago and tone down Molten and Tempest, see how it turns out...I guarantee it's a huge step in the right direction for HLD PvP. If kids are as good as they claim they are, it wont be a big deal. You may have to actually move around a bit as a caster...oh nooooooo!

Can confirm even more now, as I tried it myself(though on a less crit scale, focused on pure dmg) and it's insane. Never use molten in 1v1s though, it's unfair
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I feel like you read my thread but didn't understand. As melee, you can wear CoE and stack those same spell modifiers as casters, and get the SAME benefits when it comes to tempest and molten shell in a four link. Your attacks will also gain the same DPS their spells do. Melee can do exactly what they (casters) do if you equip that one item. I'm not saying that's the best melee build, but you can be exactly like a caster if you want to.

CoE has its place, Its mostly used on dagger builds seen as how its easier to pick up both melee and spell modifiers in that area. You aren't wrong, its just not the best route to take as any other melee type imo. You'd just end up being a botched up build neither weak nor strong.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I have yet to fight a competitive CoE build in PVP. The hilarious one+ mill dps screenshots people post around, barely dent most PVPers. The reason is quite simple, low phys dmg, multi ele dmg without penetration, hard to consistently generate power charges in PVP, atziri flask can be used very few times and so on.

And even with CoE you can never achieve tempest or molten dmg as a caster - most crit nodes are wep specific hence u will have little spell crit chance, you can never stack spell dmg as much as a pure caster.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Sep 26, 2014, 5:04:56 AM
"
missuse wrote:
I have yet to fight a competitive CoE build in PVP. The hilarious one+ mill dps screenshots people post around, barely dent most PVPers. The reason is quite simple, low phys dmg, multi ele dmg without penetration, hard to consistently generate power charges in PVP, atziri flask can be used very few times and so on.

And even with CoE you can never achieve tempest or molten dmg as a caster - most crit nodes are wep specific hence u will have little spell crit chance, you can never stack spell dmg as much as a pure caster.

Exactly.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info