PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

1 question after the HLD tournament

"
GreenDude wrote:
I was thinking of posting this as a different thread but ill watch the response here first:

If you could go fully unbias for just a moment and had the power to ban anything (gems, maps, uniques) from an HLD tourney, what is a list of stuff youd ban. (I will not ban these, im just curious if responses have any coorelation or reoccuring ban suggestion [science])

Id appreciate if as many hlders could give me their honest shortlist here.

Absolutely cwdt.
And would make the explosion from expl arrow to be blockable.
All other things are more or less balanced and have a counter.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Sep 22, 2014, 1:23:26 PM
"
letmeknov wrote:
"
missuse wrote:
all else is cool for me

Man, everyone knows that you are cool with everything here. No need to point that out, because it sounds a bit disrespectfully, to be honest. Until someone will one shot any builds around, no matter how much es/life/res they got, he will be "cool with everything". Try some other builds, man. Maybe that will change your opinion about how "cool" this stuff is balanced.

"I plan to play the most imbalanced build" © missuse

what should I post
daggers should be banned
crit multy should be capped at 200%
crit chance should be capped at 50%
dodge should be banned
?

in a meta where block/dodge is the most powerful defense in PVP, and all know it, I chose to use both? Wow, lame missuse using imbalanced build.

Flicker = auto aim insta death. Nop, flicker can be blocked, dodged, evaded, kited, and last but not least mitigated quite easy in 1v1 at least. Mitigated how? Think about it, people use it all the time in PVE.

Imo most of the HLD community here is one sorry bunch - complaining more than playing. From the first day I started to HLD I vsd a handful of players that tried to overcome me/find a play style that they can use, that can get them wins. The other 95% just moan about how imbalanced shit is, and play the same thing over and over. Molten, tempest, guardian, warp... not enough vs me, perhaps try something else?

EDTI: and no, I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but a balance PVP happens only in games when both/all players have the same possibilities at the start of the PVP match and only based on skill can one gain an advantage. Expecting PVP, in an aRPG that is so heavily focused on grinding gear, to be balanced, is like expecting world peace.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Sep 22, 2014, 2:22:46 PM
"
missuse wrote:
"
letmeknov wrote:
"
missuse wrote:
all else is cool for me

Man, everyone knows that you are cool with everything here. No need to point that out, because it sounds a bit disrespectfully, to be honest. Until someone will one shot any builds around, no matter how much es/life/res they got, he will be "cool with everything". Try some other builds, man. Maybe that will change your opinion about how "cool" this stuff is balanced.

Imo most of the HLD community here is one sorry bunch - complaining more than playing. From the first day I started to HLD I vsd a handful of players that tried to overcome me/find a play style that they can use, that can get them wins. The other 95% just moan about how imbalanced shit is, and play the same thing over and over. Molten, tempest, guardian, warp... not enough vs me, perhaps try something else?

EDTI: and no, I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but a balance PVP happens only in games when both/all players have the same possibilities at the start of the PVP match and only based on skill can one gain an advantage. Expecting PVP, in an aRPG that is so heavily focused on grinding gear, to be balanced, is like expecting world peace.

100% true
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
missuse wrote:
"
letmeknov wrote:
"
missuse wrote:
all else is cool for me

what should I post
daggers should be banned
crit multy should be capped at 200%
crit chance should be capped at 50%
dodge should be banned
?

in a meta where block/dodge is the most powerful defense in PVP, and all know it, I chose to use both? Wow, lame missuse using imbalanced build.

Flicker = auto aim insta death. Nop, flicker can be blocked, dodged, evaded, kited, and last but not least mitigated quite easy in 1v1 at least. Mitigated how? Think about it, people use it all the time in PVE.

No one is crying, bro, we just discussing the thing we are all playing here. If people are creating topics, talking about PvP, arguing and stuff, this means there is a room for improvement, eh? I am not talking about scrubs, who are moaning for no reason. I am talking about the PvP community I know, decent builds with decent gear, weeks of theory crafting and dozens burned regrets. I am 100% sure most of the imba things could be tweaked, but I am not sure though, if this ever will happen.

So screw all the hate, folks. We are few months before Christmas, let's make a wish.

Dear Santa....

P.S. Oh, and by the way.. Teddy said he loves you, missuse.
IGN: RichMightyWitch
Im noob pls pls don't hate

It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Well I wasn't trying to start a fight by discussing what people would ban. I just need to know that stuff.

Thanks for the answers:

"
Firebrand76 wrote:

I can't think of anything, to be honest. A year ago I would have said righteous fire, before the huge nerf.

"
tempallo wrote:

Absolutely cwdt.
And would make the explosion from expl arrow to be blockable.
All other things are more or less balanced and have a counter.

"
missuse wrote:

Just proc gems:
CwDT
CoS
CoD - especially in 3v3

all else is cool for me
IGN: @GreenDude
how do i pvp i just know how to crafterino halp
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Am I missing something or just stating the obvious...

As attack based you can stack spell dmg and take advantage of the caster benefits (molten, tempest, etc.) by simply using Crown of Eyes. IMO that is NOT the issue, there is simply no good counter to EK, because its large physical hits (Armor does nothing) and it's spell (harder to block and cannot be evaded).
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531

As attack based you can stack spell dmg and take advantage of the caster benefits (molten, tempest, etc.) by simply using Crown of Eyes. IMO that is NOT the issue, there is simply no good counter to EK, because its large physical hits (Armor does nothing) and it's spell (harder to block and cannot be evaded).

And to touch on Mulla's point a little about 1H and shield Melee, 5-6k life is NOT average if you're stacking crit. That's BIS gear with current tree. (not to diss Mulla, he is PvP BOSS)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:

And to touch on Mulla's point a little about 1H and shield Melee, 5-6k life is NOT average if you're stacking crit. That's BIS gear with current tree. (not to diss Mulla, he is PvP BOSS)

5-6k is heavily dependent on if you decide to go more tanky (block/hp) or more dps (base dmg/crit). Ideally you find a medium and hitting 5k shouldn't be an issue even in non BIS gear.

As far as your CoEs observation, nah that's not the issue and EK itself isn't the issue either believe it or not. You can discount CWDT on casters as just being a nuisance, again not the problem in the grand scheme of things. Molten shell with spell dmg modifiers and a simple 3-4link can fuck your day up. Add critical multiplier to that and its ez game over, thats one of two real problems here. Tempest shield being the second one, again spell modifiers 3-4link and critical = day...fucked. Block is already super strong and inconveniences everyone that faces it even those with shields facing other shields. Add the power of tempest shield and its just...................wrong. Molten shell on a caster is equally wrong. Its not caster hate, its spell damage is buffing the shit out of two particular gems that provide absurd levels of defense to the point of 1hit killing mofo's without blinking an eye. That's all there is to it, close thread...re-balance these two gems and people will appreciate/enjoy HLD PvP a bit more trust me.

There is no way anyone can justify the need for Molten and Tempest to be this powerful on casters. They have block, insane damage output, speed, lightning warp and equal to or more effective HP/ES then 1h and 2h melee with and without legacy Kaoms. Start where you should of over a year ago and tone down Molten and Tempest, see how it turns out...I guarantee it's a huge step in the right direction for HLD PvP. If kids are as good as they claim they are, it wont be a big deal. You may have to actually move around a bit as a caster...oh nooooooo!
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 25, 2014, 4:44:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info