[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

My first attempt at this char died at level 39. Since it was HC, i started over with more focus on hp and resists. Im currently at 37.
"
HardCoreHodor wrote:
Just got to level 31 today (actually made to 37) and started using the dual flame totem. I only have LMP (and not GMP), and the damage output got me a little concerned, as i'm pumping around 150dps at the moment.

Anyway, it is a prety fun build to play, if you dont mind the running around and holding behind your totems. The totem cast speed is a problem right now, as it takes a while for the totem to be fully ready after i click the mouse. Does faster casting help with that, or does it afect the time the totem takes to cast the flames?

Faster Casting helps with placing totems, and the speed at which the totems spit fiah!! So cast speed is a great thing overall for the totems. WIN/WIN!
I'm getting close to level 50 i'm my second attempt at this build and it's getting easier and easier to play with it. I had to take a few resistance nods to keep it capped (as i'm playing self found) but now im investing in some damage nods and even though the listed damage is only 300, the two totems burn everything very well.
"
HardCoreHodor wrote:
I'm getting close to level 50 i'm my second attempt at this build and it's getting easier and easier to play with it. I had to take a few resistance nods to keep it capped (as i'm playing self found) but now im investing in some damage nods and even though the listed damage is only 300, the two totems burn everything very well.

Glad to hear that man. Just wait until you get yourself a 5-link :D
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
"
HardCoreHodor wrote:

Yeah i got Infernal Mantle 5L with added chaos. Wish to have 6L to add Fire pen. Wich one should i pick you think??
"
B_Natchez wrote:
"
"
HardCoreHodor wrote:

Yeah i got Infernal Mantle 5L with added chaos. Wish to have 6L to add Fire pen. Wich one should i pick you think??

Which one you should pick? I am not sure what you mean? :)
level 62 with this build, easy going so far. gmp+ flame totem is enough damage for a3 merciless. I have iiq and iir linked for better drops. Made about 4ex leveling up alone so far. Great build for newbs (:
"
Hey My Broski,
WHy do you use that Opal Wand? Is this good by any chance for this build? Oh and there's mreo to chaos then usual, what's that for?

That scepter is BIS for this build. Definitely go with that mate! Not sure what you mean with more to chaos than usual? :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Nov 7, 2014, 7:31:44 PM
"
level 62 with this build, easy going so far. gmp+ flame totem is enough damage for a3 merciless. I have iiq and iir linked for better drops. Made about 4ex leveling up alone so far. Great build for newbs (:

Nice man! Thank you for giving your feedback. I am glad it is working out well for you :)
Great build!!! I have been using this and have made it to lvl 79 on beyond. I do have a few questions though. I was wondering if Fire Damage Leeched as Life restored life to the character or to the totems both would be cool just wondering.

Current Gear

Just got this Sceptre and was wondering if I should craft fire leech on it or increased fire damage.

Also I am trying to use firestorm to cull with by using the 3 sockets on my weapon.
Like this.

Well thanks a lot for the build I am fairly new to PoE only been playing about a month or two and this has made my gaming more enjoyable. If you have any suggestions that you think would help me. Please let me know.

Thanks again for the Great video and guide. I have watched a lot of your videos and it has made me a much better poe player for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info