[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Is this still a viable late game build for current patch?

I am using it as my FIRST CHARACTER and am level 38, loving it so far!

Edit: I am also a little confused why a lot of the gear wants AOE increasing stuff when it seems my main damage is coming from Flame Totem which is NOT AOE.

Edit2: What should we do for skill tree jewels?

What gear uses any AOE stats?
Maybe you mixed some threads up, looked at gear in the wrong thread?

For jewels you want one "Clear Mind", the rest is up to you, but recommended is %life + 2-3 damage mods, or projectile speed, which increases the range of Flame Totem (clear speed).

End game viability:
In the current version of this guide, remember this is meant to be affordable and easy to gear for a beginner, you can get at least into T13 maps. That's where I am with this build ATM, following the guide almost to the point (with a 5 link Infernal Mantle).

However, a few pages back someone posted a version using a +3 fire gem staff (empower lvl 4 as 6th link), and Belly of the Beast armour.

Also there's ppl using a 6 link +3 fire gem Crude Bow to shoot totems (not sure how that works) and a Rearguard, providing some defenses.

Both of the latter build versions are very expensive at their full potential, but deal a LOT more damage.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I was getting a melee build version of this build mixed with it so that's where I got confused about the AOE gear.. My bad..
Anyone can really do uber atziri and shaper with this build?

I have 34k tooltip DPS (unbuffed) and 48k with Elemental Overload buff. 6712 HP. 6L, 21 lvl Flame Totem.

Completed every non-unique T1-T15 corrupted rare maps. Normal Atziri is super easy, but Uber Atziri's trio seems to have too many HP. It tooks so much time to kill them, I died 4 times.

Killed Minotaur and Hydra. It was hard, died 1-2 times at each fight. Also took so much time to kill them. I think I'll kill other two guardians, but I'm afraid I couldn't kill Shaper itself.

Any ways to boost damage HUGE? Or I just need another more expensive build?
"
waitwuuut wrote:
Anyone can really do uber atziri and shaper with this build?

I have 34k tooltip DPS (unbuffed) and 48k with Elemental Overload buff. 6712 HP. 6L, 21 lvl Flame Totem.

Completed every non-unique T1-T15 corrupted rare maps. Normal Atziri is super easy, but Uber Atziri's trio seems to have too many HP. It tooks so much time to kill them, I died 4 times.

Killed Minotaur and Hydra. It was hard, died 1-2 times at each fight. Also took so much time to kill them. I think I'll kill other two guardians, but I'm afraid I couldn't kill Shaper itself.

Any ways to boost damage HUGE? Or I just need another more expensive build?

buy empower level 4 & +3 staff or crude bow?
"
zsmjoey wrote:

buy empower level 4 & +3 staff or crude bow?

That.. could work. Thanks. But I'm not sure. With staff we get +3, but we lose huge %spell damage and cast speed.
What is the full set of "recommended" gear? Your gear shows like yellow helm and boot for example what uniques would you switch those out with?
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
What is the full set of "recommended" gear? Your gear shows like yellow helm and boot for example what uniques would you switch those out with?

IMHO its not necessary to have unique in each slot. Good rare helmet/boots is better than unique. Becouse of life, resist...

Anyway - my gear. Resist caped, almost 5K Life.

"
mr_hol wrote:

Anyway - my gear. Resist caped, almost 5K Life.

BTW, how much tooltip DPS?
Curently 16K but I think this game is not about "tooltip" dps. So far works good. Im trying to ignite enemies (thats why flame totem - found this idea few pages back = ty OP) a then Celestial punishment, Ngamahu and Gang´s momentum do the work.
Later I plan put Empower and hope for 21flame totem.

Next possible way (maybe) is buy 6L Lionseyes vision (or Infernal?) and try 2 Consuming dark, respect some points (Celestial punishment...)

Last edited by mr_hol on Oct 17, 2016, 2:51:00 PM
Thank you again for this great guide.
I haven't obtained a 6L yet (nor an Infernal Mantle), so still experimenting, and have a question. If I opt for Ramako, would it be an option to invest in Chance to Ignite support (instead of, say, controlled destruction) to increase chance of ignition and hence increased damage thru Ngamhu and increased chances of endurance charges thru Ramako?
Also, would you like me to PM you with help on typos?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Great toppic and build,

I am running a 5 link infernal mantle that i got for free from a Guildy, took me 55 chromes to be lucky but now i have the right collor set up.
it works great, and you don't really need a 6 link to be good with this build. Dont forget to use that jewel when you hit blood magic (clear mind), its very cheap to buy.

I'm with dual wielding 10k dps (so 20 with 2 totems) single wielding it 8.8 Dps

Also for newbies, the cast on hit only works if the supporting gems are of lower level
other wise they won't activate... (so look what gem you level up)

I am trying to go up in the skill tree to the hearth of flames and breath of flames,
in between you hit a 5 - 10 - 5 health % so going up there not to much waist of skills
or am i wrong? i thought the 10% ignite and 10% longer burning might be nice in combination with the fire damage you get, but then i could be wrong, have you ever thought of taking that line, and why would you not do it..

Have fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info