[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Marauder - Chieftain 2.3.0 Change
Every 2.3 Ascendancy Change - BEFORE and AFTER * by zackford

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength - Unchanged
40% increased Armour
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% increased Strength

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance - Unchanged
15% chance to Ignite
35% increased Damage against Burning Enemies

Hinekora, Death's Fury - Life leech from totems
Before
1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life
Damage Penetrates 10% Fire Resistance
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
After
1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life

Ramako, Sun's Light
Before
0.5% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 10% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge
After
Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 20% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge

Arohongui, Moon's Presence - Unchanged
Enemies near your Totems deal 8% reduced Damage
Enemies near your Totems take 16% increased Physical and Fire Damage

Tukohama, War's Herald - Unchanged
Totems are Immune to Fire Damage
Totems have 50% of your Armour
Skills used by Totems have a 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
Totems Reflect 8% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit
Thank you for the clean and organized build guide if nobody pointed this out (you asked for correction help)

"Defensive Setup 1:

- Enduring, Cry Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9),"

Super minor.

I'm thinking to do Prophecy with this build and wanted something budget friendly so I can start rolling my butt around in Chaos Orbs and beyond :D Thanks again...hopefully nothing gets gimped in 2.3 or I will have to , Cry Cast my hopes of this being my Prophecy build. Lol
"
Durish wrote:
"
"
No, it is not. Besides, Lioneyes Vision is way better than Infernal Mantle.

Really? Is it because of the strong defence? But most of the mods on it are useless for the build though? The pierce which doesn't do anything for flame totem, the mana leach when we are already blood magic, and of course the increased self pierce chance.

Why do you think it is better? Curious.

I will re post my test (page 108 - Posted by Durish on April 16, 2016 2:40 PM)

Fair enough, I am convinced. I just need to get myself a 6link...
I am a little confused, back to my original question, is "Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe" the better chest for this build? It allows 1 extra totem so that has to be good? DPS for "Infernal Mantle" is 15,350 and for "Soul Mantle" it is 13,140 but how does the extra totem factor into the DPS? Sorry if i am slow at getting this.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I am a little confused, back to my original question, is "Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe" the better chest for this build? It allows 1 extra totem so that has to be good? DPS for "Infernal Mantle" is 15,350 and for "Soul Mantle" it is 13,140 but how does the extra totem factor into the DPS? Sorry if i am slow at getting this.

Most enemies die after you have time to cast two totems. There is more damage from three totems, but there is too much downside from the armour to worth bothering with. For mobs 2 totems is enough. For bosses the curse on totem death mechanic is too dangerous and basically,two is the optimal number because three requires too much sacrifices.

NOTE! The "curse on death" applies even if you re-cast a totem to re-position it. As long as you have the maximum number of totems, to cast another one means auto-cursing yourself. For battles where you need to constantly move your totem for best coverage and for moving from pack to pack, that means you would be cursed nearly ALL the time. And that stacks ON TOP of any other curse you might be affected by from map mods or enemies. So you end up with TWO curses at the same time.

Please, don't do it. That's asking for death at the worst time.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on May 30, 2016, 4:41:31 AM
Interesting build that i'm thinking of trying next league, is it possible to have 2 flame totems and a searing bond out?

Played iron commander siege ballista in perandus and the searing bond cast would kill one of my siege ballista
"
wwwZugZugorc wrote:
Interesting build that i'm thinking of trying next league, is it possible to have 2 flame totems and a searing bond out?

Played iron commander siege ballista in perandus and the searing bond cast would kill one of my siege ballista

Yes its possible use 2 flames + 1 searing bond.
"
"
EDMOSES wrote:

Most enemies die after you have time to cast two totems. There is more damage from three totems, but there is too much downside from the armour to worth bothering with. For mobs 2 totems is enough. For bosses the curse on totem death mechanic is too dangerous and basically,two is the optimal number because three requires too much sacrifices.

NOTE! The "curse on death" applies even if you re-cast a totem to re-position it. As long as you have the maximum number of totems, to cast another one means auto-cursing yourself. For battles where you need to constantly move your totem for best coverage and for moving from pack to pack, that means you would be cursed nearly ALL the time. And that stacks ON TOP of any other curse you might be affected by from map mods or enemies. So you end up with TWO curses at the same time.

Please, don't do it. That's asking for death at the worst time.

yes soul mantle would be good if it only cursed me when my totems actually died not when i recast them. that is just stupid.
"
Durish wrote:

Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 20% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge

Look nice, what do u think? but need to remove Elemental focus :/
"
Durish wrote:
Marauder - Chieftain 2.3.0 Change
Every 2.3 Ascendancy Change - BEFORE and AFTER * by zackford

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength - Unchanged
40% increased Armour
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% increased Strength

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance - Unchanged
15% chance to Ignite
35% increased Damage against Burning Enemies

Hinekora, Death's Fury - Life leech from totems
Before
After
1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life

Ramako, Sun's Light
Before
Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 10% chance for you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge
After
Cannot be Ignited

Arohongui, Moon's Presence - Unchanged
Enemies near your Totems deal 8% reduced Damage
Enemies near your Totems take 16% increased Physical and Fire Damage

Tukohama, War's Herald - Unchanged
Totems are Immune to Fire Damage
Totems have 50% of your Armour
Skills used by Totems have a 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
Totems Reflect 8% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit

any ideas what ascendancy points to pick in 2.3? the current build lets you pick up ngamahu flames advance as the 4th point (seems pretty nice) is the new leech in hinekora make it worth taking? if so what would you drop for it? would this need any other changes to the build? ramako still doesnt seem worth investing in for the endurance charges over the other nodes, since we have plenty of time to cast EC.
Last edited by dookleeto on Jun 2, 2016, 6:11:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info