[3.0] Non-crit 100% ele Barrage

Hey there, it's bee a while!
Just came back to update this character a bit by renewing its jewels.
You can find them in OP with updated stats, also added to OP flasks.

Ty for the visit!
still decent to go non crit focus? <.<
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
i use this build at lvl 93

Last edited by Chrono_SF on Oct 26, 2015, 5:10:41 PM
"
Nivius wrote:
still decent to go non crit focus? <.<

I dont see any real advantages for NOT going crit. Really. When you use crit, you can reach the same DPS with less investments. And you can still reach almost the same tankiness.

Look at my Duelist. His build has almost the same HP, HP regen and evasion as OP's (will be the same if started as Ranger instead), but using crits allow him to have higher DPS, while also freezing enemies on critical hits and knocking them back. My gear has high HP rolls in every slot possible, while still maintaining few rolls required for crit. I feel more comfortable with Daresso's Defiance, despite lower HP - its ability to gain charges so quickly coupled with CWDT-IC shouldnt be underetimated, and is actually better against physical damage than Kaom.

In short - i dont see how one can ignore crit on bows, at certain point, going crit will offer so great benefits you cant resist.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Higher DPS than this doesn't matter, really.
It just make it easy to autokill yourself against reflect.

Point of this build is high HP with high regen %, it does not matter regen with a low life pool since you will recover only few HP.

Anyway can you post your tree and stat, cause I'd like to see how can you combine HP and crit...
Big news!
I noticed that this character had a weakness against enemy that could deal massive amount of damage per hit (devourers, some rogue exile, some map bosses) and could not regen life quick enough to avoid death.
There was few solution to this: more evasion (hard to achieve, past 40% eva scales too slow), cwdt immortal call (that involve cut the utility/movement skill down), more skill playing (yes some time i rush brainless among enemy). Then another idea came to my mind: why not trying armor.
Yes, i swapped evasion + dodge with iron defence augmented by grace.

In OP there is the renewed tree with actual stats.
Also adding some explanation needed for the build (I promised this and never done till today).

On other news I swapped my old amulet with a +1 frenzy one, reaching now 9 charges.

EDIT: Guide is up, I'll add some image sonner or later, I'm not sure about videos.
EDIT2: I just read past comment, it's funny how in past version I dumper Blood Dance and Iron Reflexes and now I'm proud to use them... (still learning from my mistakes)
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Nov 24, 2015, 7:48:03 PM
This merit a reply on its own: bought a +1 drillneck.
Let's see if I can get a +1 arrow Lioneye or a culling one (dreaming).
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Nov 25, 2015, 4:20:19 PM
Updated to 2.1

Swapped Vaal Haste for Blood Rage, that attack speed bonus is sweet...

changes:
- 5% hp (8000 => 7600)
+ 26% dps (31k => 39k)
- 3 Split Arrow arrows

The last change it's sadly a huge nerf, especially since lv21 Split Arrow it's now worthless.
The build however is as effective as before, the cone just narrowed a bit (now +1 drillneck its very handy).

Beware that now 1% regen Blood Dance are Legacy...
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Dec 12, 2015, 3:24:28 AM
Have somebody else given this build a try in 2.1?
Today I found an awesome new bow for the build, a 460pdps Thicket bow.

This change granted a net 11% increase of dps.
A similar dps Harbringer would cost over 150ex, this one I found for a third of it, that's another reason of running non-crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info