[Rampage] Cheap CoC Spectral Throw build // 6L Windripper CoC - Fun and Atziri capable

Budget - Spectral Throw build

With the 1.2 skill tree, the scion is placed at a very good starting location to pick up efficient crit clusters for a cast on crit build.

This build is focused on crit and attack speed to cast as many spells as possible. With my current gear, but substitute in a Maligaro's Virtuosity and a Rat's Nest, I would come close to hitting the crit cap without any power charges up.

As a budget build, you can probably put an entire set of gear with self-found items and purchases totaling under 30 chaos.

The only essential item you need to buy (or find) is a white 5l'd evasion or evasion/es hybrid chest and this build will be entirely Atziri viable.

Videos:

Two Atziri Runs.. lol @ di.fm ads right at the beginning of the highlight
http://www.twitch.tv/system787/c/5098293

Dark Forest + Pack size + sea witches = easy 13th tier rampage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyelKabFnyg

Level 90 - Two complete Atziri runs back to back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJktn16HOTQ
http://www.twitch.tv/system787/c/5136742

Atziri kill at level 90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ie0YrH630Y
http://www.twitch.tv/system787/c/5136719

This build plays the same way a Buzzsaw build plays. You kite and dash around with whirling blades while attacking as fast as you can with Spectral Throw. Instead of relying on leech, I rely on Surgeon's Eternal Flasks as well as several instant life potions.

Gems

Chest - Spectral Throw, LMP, Cast on Crit, spell, spell (6L: add another spell, culling strike, crit damage, or whatever you want. My plan is to add qualitied culling strike as the 6th link).
4L - Reduced Mana, Herald of Ice, Clarity, Grace/Haste
4L - Cast when damage taken, enduring cry, immortal call, increased duration
4L - Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste, Increased duration, anything
3L - Blood Magic, Assassin's Mark, Poacher's Mark
3L - Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks, Power Charge on Crit/anything

For gem selection, I mainly use Fireball and Ball Lightning. For single target (Vagan quests, Atziri, etc), I use Arctic Breath + Fireball.

For group play, swap out Ball Lightning for Arc or something else less laggy. (Ball Lightning WILL crash your party members if you go offscreen).

Keep your gems in your weapon swap and switch them for the situation. For Atziri add phase, I swap Arctic Breath for Ball Lightning, and swap back to Fireball+Arctic Breath for Atziri and split phase.

I don't have either Vaal aura gem yet (can't be hassled to actually buy one), but the plan is to keep both equipped and activate one that the situation calls for.

I run Haste as my main aura 99% of the time. I swap out Haste for Grace only for Atziri runs (trash, double vaal, trio), but swap in Haste for Atziri herself. If I ever get around to uber, I'll run Grace to evade the spears with Ondar's Guille.

Clarity is a must since I attack quickly. I don't have any skill points invested into mana or mana regeneration, so a Clarity (low level since my mana pool is miniscule) is necessary. Level up your clarity just enough to sustain your attacks. Mana regeneration on gear is a must.

Stats

Defense

Reflect?
NOT A PROBLEM unless it's minus max. Between Saffell's Frame and Phase acrobatics, you can do reflect maps rather easily. You will still kill yourself to a large double reflect pack if you go 100% without spamming your potions, but between instant pots and the new Eternal life flasks, I have been able to deal with double reflect without any problems at all. Single target reflect is not an issue whatsoever.

Gearing goals:
On gear, the obvious stats are to grab life, resists, and defenses. For jewelry, find stuff with high Accuracy (very important) and enough mana regeneration to sustain your attacks and keep your Clarity low. Both of my rings were bought for under 5c each. The amulet is self found, but you can probably find something similar for not much. Crit on gear is a bonus since we're grabbing so much of it on the tree and we are able to sustain power charges with Assassin's Mark.

My ideal gloves would have high accuracy and more attack speed than the ones I'm using, but I mostly map with Aurseize equipped since it makes very little difference in actual clear speed.

Atziri's Step is a great pair of boots that will help in mitigating spell damage and reflect, but I haven't bothered buying one yet. I'll get one as a drop soon enough.

Gear

Atziri/Hard content loadout(mostly gear reserved for Atziri):

MF Loadout (worn 99.99% of the time during mapping, swap for Saffell's for Crematorium boss, Shrine Piety, etc):

The dagger was bought for an exalt and the Belly of the Beast was self socketed and linked. Are they absolutely mandatory? No, but you should try to get a dagger with high attack speed (1.8+), high crit (8.3+). Saffell's go for 10c or under.

Prior to this dagger, I was using an Ambusher that I alted, auged, and regaled and added crit with a master. Before Belly, I was using a white 5l evasion chest I bought for 4c and alted/auged/regal for 4 mods. I was still able to do Atziri then, and my current gear only makes it much easier.

However, Belly of the Beast is GREAT for this build. I do not use leech at all (though I can craft some leech onto my dagger with Level 6 Catarina and pick up a Doryani's Invitation) and Belly's 50% increased flask recovery rate makes the Surgeon's Eternal Life Flasks incredibly strong. Not necessary, but extremely nice to have. Coloring a Belly for CoC will be a bit difficult though.

I found a Rat's Nest and although it does fit nicely in with this build, I can't use it because the 15% attack speed pushes me over my mana regeneration. If I managed to get more mana regen, I could use Rat's Nest (though it's not a big loss. You can get accuracy and a lot of life from a helmet).

Flasks

Passive Tree @ level 87 / 105 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9GYpTNSLq_gotgw-r6Na3PpcGbWwWvwW1xq7EojY9JpWNv9QjPC274-OEnarssGHiUUcwccT2l_7-ug5IYqxsjIwLVUvnVDB83agn7X69fXVd8hGWuXyMNiT9S3j8S6yq035w1ZAbOkJsFnKpWfMAXonTcFaHGfcymG_AGhmOcFKaE-oYkn2QVe2DKgvb1DBU5c-nhAgu8-o9Pho43CM_m-sU

I had to take a +30 int node in order to level my gems to 20. If I find an item that I can craft int onto, it will save me one passive point

Passive Tree @ level 90 / 108 points. Shuffling points around for efficiency
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9GYpTNSLq_gotgw-r6Na3PpcGbWwWv-sUBbXGrsSiNj0mlY2_1CM8Lbvj44SdquywYeJRRzBxxPaX_v66DkhirGyMjAtVS-dUMHzdqCftfr19dV3yEZa5fIw2JP1_K419S3j8S6yq035w1ZAb1ooj9jpCbBZyqVnzAF6J03BWTZKHGfcymG_AGhmOcFKaE-oYkn2QVe2DKgvb1DBU5c8ILvPqPT7cIz-b

Finished tree @ level 92/110 points

My plans for my next few levels will be to grab Ondar's Guille and the Herbalism cluster. After that, I can opt to grab more life on the Scion life wheel, more attack speed by the shadow or accuracy/attack speed next to ranger

Bandits
Oak, Kraitlyn, passive/power charge (I took the power charge, but removed it with 20 regrets in favor of a passive later on)

Spoiler

Leveling tree @ 44 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTxs7XyhxNLVzWSdwfA49i9_gq3PsauPC3E9pf-J-1-vfxLrKpsFnKpWfOHGfcymG_qGJJ9MFTlzz0-3CM_mw==

Leveling tree @ 66 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9UzX-Cg-rtz4Wv8auJpU8LWHixPaX_lVLJ-1-vYw2_EusqmwWcqlZ84cZ9zKYb-oYkn0wVOXPPT7cIz-bbWw2PZ2qbIxirOOEDkgRlpAbcFaaE9vU

Leveling tree @ 82 points
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9UzX-Cg-rtz4Wv8auJpU8LWHixPaX_lVLJ-1-vYw2_EusqmwWcqlZ84cZ9zKYb-oYkn0wVOXPPT7cIz-bbWw2PZ2qbIxirOOEDkgRlpAbcFaaE9vUXfJw1YnTcFIZii2DlwbEorvj_rp9ddN-AF4Zju2DCC4=

100 point tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEOKr4MJSshvnm6qnKTKSvGztfKHE8M6S1c1kncHm7XA49i9GYpTNSLq_gotgw-r6Na3PpcGbWwWvwW1xq7EojY9JpXUIzwtu-PjhJ2q7LBh4jBxxPaX_v66DkhirGyMjAtVS92oJ-1-vX11XfIRlrl8jDZLePxLrKrTfnDVkBs6QmwWcqlZ8wBeidNwVocZ9zKYb8AaGY5wUpoT6hiSfZBV7YMqC9vUMFTlz6eECC7z6j0-GjjcIz-b6xQ=

NEW! Windripper CoC --- IN PROGRESS

Gear

Tree@92
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4DlgQHBUIFtQYjCPQKmw2NDkgWvxzcH0EhdiL0I_Yk_SaVKgsqWyycLUcwcTB8Nj051DpCOlg7KD1fQZZDNkZxSn1LV0t4TLNNklAwUEJRR1JTUuxVS1XGVvpbr13yYENh4mKsY0NnoGpDbAtsjG0ZbWxuPW-eb_JwUnDVdwd313jrefZ_K4MJg9uGzocTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_kyeXlZf0nKSdqqCfpHius7QMtMW1SLl8wFTA48EzwdXC7ND11CPWitte3Q3dqN7451TssPGz8-r8xf-T_94=

Last edited by system787 on Oct 18, 2014, 7:57:28 AM
about to start this from scratch , would be nice if you could post a break down of the skill tree based on level , like where to start and what to get first
"
about to start this from scratch , would be nice if you could post a break down of the skill tree based on level , like where to start and what to get first

Was thinking the same thing while reading through. Would be great.
Master Lagger
"
sid3kick wrote:
"

Was thinking the same thing while reading through. Would be great.

Edited the OP with the skill tree pathing I took while leveling as well as two atziri runs I did earlier this morning. Really sloppy deaths during split phases, but eh I still killed her without much effort.
Crashed my game partying with him. 10/10
im confused about what exactly my damage scales off of , cause even if im casting these spells they are just basic spells so i dont see why they would do extra damage and we dont take any spell power so what exactly is gonna be giving me damage and what do i want from a weapon
"
im confused about what exactly my damage scales off of , cause even if im casting these spells they are just basic spells so i dont see why they would do extra damage and we dont take any spell power so what exactly is gonna be giving me damage and what do i want from a weapon

I never played a coc build yet but i guess they all scale with crit/multi?
"

Your damage comes from the sheer amount of spells you cast. The ideal weapon would be an Ambusher with T1 crit, T1 attack speed, and spell damage/spell crit.

I will concede that this build is probably not an ideal late game build, but for solo play I found it fully sufficient in clearing 78 maps quickly as well as normal Atziri.

In the end, this build was designed to be a budget build and is playable with only buying a Saffell's Frame and a white 5l Evasion or EV/ES armor. If I were to redesign this build around a 6L and GG gear, I'd probably not travel to the left side of the tree and just run PCOC on 5 or 6 power charges to maintain crit cap. But since I didn't expect to have a 6l or even a Tabula Rasa, I decided to go for weapon crit on the tree in order to maintain high crit without PCOC.

I started in Beyond and came to Rampage a bit late (2 weeks late), but I am already 88 and have piled up a bit of wealth.
Last edited by system787 on Sep 14, 2014, 1:30:43 AM
why a saffell? and if you could actually afford it what would an optimized tree and gear look like . The left side of the tree looks kinda weird atm
"
why a saffell? and if you could actually afford it what would an optimized tree and gear look like . The left side of the tree looks kinda weird atm

Saffell's for spell block, max resists, and a teeny tiny bit of spell damage. Saffell's (and Phase Acrobatics) is what makes me near invulnerable to reflect damage. I'm thinking Atziri's Step will push me over and make reflect even less of a problem. You're welcome to run any spell shield you want (infact, I mostly map with the MF shield and keep my Saffell's in weapon swap), or a Rathpith Globe, but I picked Saffell's for the reasons listed above as well as affordability (<4c).

If I had all the gear I wanted, I'd just grab the Spell Crit nodes above Shadow, venture into the witch for life/mana/aoe/powercharge/spell crit most likely. I haven't planned out that build yet, but I guess it wouldn't look much different from your average CoC build.

The goals of my build are to achieve high weapon crit without relying on power charges as well as being budget oriented. At level 88 I have around 80% crit with no charges up, 91% chance to hit, and 4.1 or so attacks per second. This also gives me the flexibility of doing whatever I want with a 6th link in my setup. Right now I'd probably use a qualitied Culling Strike for 10% attack speed and 20% damage instead of a third spell.
Last edited by system787 on Sep 14, 2014, 1:09:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info