Farming Masters - a thread about the popular farming places!

Well as seen in the patch notes there will be no nerfs for the spawn rates of masters in this patch. And to be honest Tidal Island and Fetid Pool got a well deserved nerf in 1.2.1...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm glad the climb is working for people. I'm on holiday for 4 days but will try the load time thing when I return home. It is however a ity that it is not ilvl60 so you can farm for chaos recipe items.

I think eventually GGG will need to sort things out. Endless nerfing won't do much more than drive people away.

I should really add "people like me" who don't have endless hours to grind to get a master to level8, damn I doubt I will ever get one that high.
Last edited by rampagingrabbit on Sep 11, 2014, 5:29:12 AM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
Lesson learned.

NEVER EVER tell anybody, especially not on forum, about "good places" or "good builds", "good combos" or whatever.

Never. Ever.

This x1,000

Incoming nerfs again.

I doubt it , the current farm areas are popular for a reason ggg have shown they cant efficiently fix (ie engine , memory and resource issues).

strictly speaking you can farm masters and corruption anywhere right now.

steps to farm something ,
1 find a level appropriate range,
2 find the smallest area with in said range.
3 farm the shit out of said area.

this is not high sorcery or rocket science.
Great thread, thumbs up!

I've been farming docks with the map load timer, but I may just run some maps instead - wharf, springs, shore, pier.

Hmm very interesting spawn rate for the climb, might try that too.
Second-class poe gamer
Where can you get that map load timer ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm using http://www.xnotestopwatch.com/. Free trial, can apparently be used after trial expires with nag notice.

Can easily be setup as a small window on top of you PoE client, and hotkeys for start/stop and reset can be configured.
I also like doing barracks due to its rather straight layout (very similar to the climb, just with another tile-set). However with Shield-Chargers and Arc-Mages it can be considerable more dangerous.
That's funny just looked around for a stop watch and i've found exactly the same program makrellvott! Pretty neat! Small window + hotkeys ... exactly what i needed :)

I've tried a bit the barracks but the instance is definitely bigger than the climb .. and actually bigger than most areas in general.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
That's funny just looked around for a stop watch and i've found exactly the same program makrellvott! Pretty neat! Small window + hotkeys ... exactly what i needed :)

I've tried a bit the barracks but the instance is definitely bigger than the climb .. and actually bigger than most areas in general.

True, I mainly like it, because it is adjecant to Lunaris 1, so I go barracks Master + Corrupted Area, Check Lunaris 1 for corrupted Area and go back down Barracks.

Barracks and Lunaris 1 spawn their corrupted area always at the same place (well almost, most of the areas in barracks are at the right towards the imperial garden). If Barracks wouldn't have those wide-maps you could still easily jump from top to bottom, without missing masters in the narrow ones (although at least all Toras always awaited me to the left of Gravicus Tent, while Katarina was always at the bottom of the area^^).
Last edited by Emphasy on Sep 11, 2014, 11:12:48 AM
I had been farming Merc Mud Flats for the past few days, which delivered as promised. After the recent patch, though (and keeping in mind that RNG is R), I seemed far less likely to find any Masters, to wit, exactly 1, this evening. Dunno if there was a stealth nerf of master spawn rates, or if i just got unlucky (or was lucky before). =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info